It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump's EPA chief used shell company to buy a house from a lobbyist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would expect to see Pruitt finally fired this week after this revelation. He bought a house cheap from a lobbyist in a shadowy deal and now that lobbyist has a top job in Pruitt's agency- it looks very corrupt. After all the other ethics and spending problems not to mention corrupting and destroying his agency, I can't imagine even Trump will let him keep his job after this.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 29-4-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Trumpists explaining why this is good to make "America" great again entering in

edit on 29 4 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

a politician doing something shady? Say it ain't so, but regardless, lets blame Trump and Impeach him! Oh wait, other than being this guys boss, he doesn't control him, so we can't quite pin this one on Trump......damn, back to the drawing board. Better call ACME for some new rockets for that damn road runner.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The bloke needs to be sacked and his past looked into to see what else his moral bankruptcy has allowed him to do.
Im not familiar with US law and Ill admit it seems to be very "rules for me and rules for thee" when it comes to your politicians (the insider trading thing for example) but if this is illegal then he needs to have the book thrown at him to make an example

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Can you please refrain from continuing the party distraction like a good little ignorant sheep?

Jesus, do you really believe we have 2 different governments?

It's a waste of our time reading your negative garbage posts page after page.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Drain the swamp! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
Drain the swamp! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's a waste of our time reading your negative garbage posts

Then don't read them. Only Trump supporters can have rights now?

If I don't expose the most corrupt government in American history then I would be hurting America.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

First let me say It seems to me like Pruitt is dirty and should be let go though I am not informed enough to be certain of this

However, there are a couple of things to clear up here

First the lobbyist does not have a job with the epa. It is the business partner in the shell company that does. Had it been the lobbyist that would be much worse

Secondly, this isn’t as bad as it initially seems to be

Pruitt and his partner had a shell real estate company

Basically they bought a house of a lobbyist for like 300 thousand that that lobbyist had paid 400 thousand for

Then a couple of years later, Pruitt and his company sold the house for about 400 thousand, making around 100 thousand profit

Stuff like this happens all of the time so this doesn’t prove it was shady

For example, I have a friend who buys cheap houses, holds them for a couple years, then sells them and sometimes doubles his money

Nothing wrong with that

Now what does make this shady is that perhaps Pruitt didn’t disclose this to the proper people in Oklahoma

But it doesn’t seem this article says that is definitive

And this was in 2003

So all in all, not a slam dunk story by any means
edit on 29-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This is from 15 years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You missed something though, they said that it was sold to him 100k under value, and the lobbyist's company essentially paid that 100k.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Humans plotting. Scheming..hmmm. Let me check shalidors writings for the scroll of self defeat.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yup. From what i can see, the dude needs to be penalized for his crime and removed from his position on Monday afternoon.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
You missed something though, they said that it was sold to him 100k under value, and the lobbyist's company essentially paid that 100k.

But what is that proof of?

The lobbyist sold the house at a 100 thousand loss.

Ok well people sell houses at a loss all of the time.

What would be needed to show this being bad is that then Pruitt did this lobbyist favors in return

You were wrong that this lobbyist now works under Pruitt at the epa.

And I don’t see anything in the article suggesting Pruitt did this lobbyist favors

Who knows maybe he did and should be punished for it

I just don’t see it in this article

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a politician doing something shady? Say it ain't so, but regardless, lets blame Trump and Impeach him! Oh wait, other than being this guys boss, he doesn't control him, so we can't quite pin this one on Trump......damn, back to the drawing board. Better call ACME for some new rockets for that damn road runner.

When you hire a anti-EPA guy to run the EPA then it is trumps fault. Especially when trumps plan is just to undo everything Obama did with no real plan in return.

Also, Trump had tweeted his support in the past when the first revelations of corrupt gov. activities.

You trump supporters are so blindly ignorant it's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Just google his name and look at all the shady and money mismanagement he did. That would greatly help you when commenting on this particular incident.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Trump is draining the swamp and hiring new swamp people. It's standard for left vs right paradigm political puppets!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Just google his name and look at all the shady and money mismanagement he did. That would greatly help you when commenting on this particular incident.

No it wouldn’t

Saying someone is guilty of things, therefore they must be guilty in this case is wrong

I am looking at the facts presented in the article and commenting on them

If Pruitt did other things and there is proof of his guilt (which I assume there is) then he should be fired

But that doesn’t make him guilty in this case

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This kind of stuff has been happening all the time in government. People from the FDA get jobs with big Pharma when they retire all the time. The system is corrupted thoroughly. If you are a congressman, it increases your chance of getting a good job as a well paid lobbyist when you get done. If you grease someone's palm with leaks, you get to write a book which is promoted by the media. I can go on and on. This even is common in all agencies of the government, retired people have influence with whom they worked for. Palin's palms were well greased.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I would expect to see Pruitt finally fired this week after this revelation. He bought a house cheap from a lobbyist in a shadowy deal and now that lobbyist has a top job in Pruitt's agency- it looks very corrupt. After all the other ethics and spending problems not to mention corrupting and destroying his agency, I can't imagine even Trump will let him keep his job after this.

www.cnn.com...

do you hold all elected to your 15 year standard?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

CB doesn't even read the articles they post. Just links to CNN and rambles on about Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join