It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pancreatic insufficiency / 90% shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Are there any ATS members that live with this condition or know someone close? How has your life changed since?

Are the medications helping you in terms of pain and diggestion?
Is there anyone that has gotten a prognosis on their remaining time until..you know.
Were you able to beat that prognosis and how long did it take to get it?

I recognize those are very private questions so if you want to give me some insight but refrain from posting because it´s public, there would be the option of U2U / private message, if you want that.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Are there any ATS members that live with this condition or know someone close? How has your life changed since?

Are the medications helping you in terms of pain and diggestion?
Is there anyone that has gotten a prognosis on their remaining time until..you know.
Were you able to beat that prognosis and how long did it take to get it?

I recognize those are very private questions so if you want to give me some insight but refrain from posting because it´s public, there would be the option of U2U / private message, if you want that.

What function of the pancreas is deficient? It actually does quite a few things, not just make insulin. Insulin creation needs ample minerals and especially electrolytes. Potassium is essential for shuffling and loading the sugar to the insulin, sodium moderates the potassium to keep it proper.. Zinc and chromium are involved in creating the insulin and in other functions of the pancreas. There are a lot of other variables in fixing pancreas problems.

edit on 28-4-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I´m sorry, I thought it would be clear when I wrote 90% shutdown, it´s exocrine. Probably due to m.chron since I never drank much alcohol before (maybe 1/4l of redwine in a month, hardly justifies opening the bottle).

Bloodsugarlevels are okay although I already show signs, for example that wounds do not heal propper. I´m also freezing all the time, no stamina either, or not for long.

I´m getting the results from the last tests next week but I already got painkillers and inflamatory blockers because I can´t even drink water without having tremendous pain currently. Doctors want to make sure it´s not just a big measuring error before I get the medication for it, but all other symptoms do fit, and the second test was not good either.
edit on 28-4-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My current roommate had this starting about 3 years ago, lasting a little over 2 years. He had almost a complete shutdown where they had to install a feeding tube because he wasn't getting any nourishment from the 'food' he was eating. That was a fun sight of him walking around with a bag of nutrients tubed into his abdomen. They found several pancreatic stones thinking they were blocking the flow of blood and thus reducing the efficiency of the pancreas. They got the stones out and no change. Then they started pumping him full of antibiotics and steroids.

Since his usefulness was greatly reduced, his wife left him and took the kids. He couldn't hold stable employment so he had no income. Which was perfect, as he became my test subject. I offered him free room & board under the condition that he only eat what I provide and buy. He agreed to be my guinea pig. It took about 4 months to get the pancreatic attacks to stop where he didn't have to constantly check into the emergency room. When those attacks happened, he would be in a fetal position on the floor in a massive amount of pain.

But now he has been eating what I fix and buy now after some resistance and I think his mental buy-in is also coming around.

His immune system, energy level and motivation seem to have returned to normal. He now holds a steady job and is almost his old self of 20 years ago. He has stopped taking the antibiotics and just quit the steroids earlier this week.

Time will tell but I am convinced at this point it is all about the diet. Exercise will follow later, but even at this point his stamina has increased greatly.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I agree, what you eat makes most of the difference. I also got a complete throwover of my diet. More protein, more carbohydrates, less fat and few roughage.

Easier said than done, it only has been a few days so far.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Well, that is fantastic!!! You already suspect the answer to the problem. I am at work and emailed him to see what exact pancreatic disorder he was diagnosed with. I think it was probably pain killers instead of antibiotics that he was prescribed, along with the steroids in pill form. I know he spent 2 weeks at Mayo in Wisconsin because he was so close to death. I can't imagine he will ever pay off those medical bills.

Along with the healthy diet (Paleo about 80% - Keto 10% and maybe 5-10% light dietary cheating) we also started kombucha to get his gut flora back and Hydrogen water made with magnesium rods + distilled water + maltic acid. It allows for about 4-6 hours of better energy and better oxygen exchange into the blood.

If he ever answers back, I will list his diagnosis and what type of medication he was on.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I appreciate your efforts very much. Thank you in advance for spending time for a random old fart on the internet.

It´s a bit complicated to describe how I currently feel. Not very energetic. It kind of feels like the "reactor" isn´t doing great currently, I´m constantly cold, like there isn´t any "fire" inside me. A couple of years back my body was on flames the way it radiated heat. It sure isn´t the end of the world but if you have to deal with m.chrons too it´s kind of taking a lot of life quality away.

This morning I was doing nonesense with my oldest grandchild (+2 years), I sat her on my shoulders but to not ditch hear head at the door frames I had to crouch-hopwalk all the time. It was too hot outside for me. Did that for 2 minutes after that I felt like I did a day worth of work in the woods. I did something I should not have done then but it at least gave me some energy, a can of coke... (I know it was dumb). Did not had any problems but yeah, it was certainly not healthy. It´s really hard for me to cut down on coffee & nicotine (that is, a handful (6-8) of cigarettes a day until wednesday), alcohol I´ll just miss the taste of a good red wine in a nice summers evening

It also makes you think when the wounds don´t heal. It basically struck me like lightning that this is a far worser problem than the pancreatic disorder itself which is treatable. I hope the system runs more smooth if that wheel is greased. The doctor told me that by taking those pills 3 times a day (when it´s cleared) many patients got well very soon and could live a relative normal life. If I understood right, the enzymes in it will break the food down for me.

A couple of hours ago was the first time since weeks that I could relax a bit. By that I mean just sit there without any pain in my stomach. I thought on getting my hands on some CBD oil (it´s legal if under 0.3%) because it´s supposed to help the anxiety and supposedly has lot´s of nutrients and minerals in it. Not sure if that is a marketing trick?

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No problem at all brother. Sharing with others, especially joy, is one of the things I live for. Even though I am probably wrong most of the time, I never give up.

I too think all health is related, just some bodily functions fail before others. Mine was a bad case of rapidly spreading eczema/psoriasis that finally woke me up and allowed me the self will to change my entire diet. It still took 6-9 months before I was sure but after than I was a believer from the results.

He also smokes, as do I, so I can't be too hypocritical. But at least he is down to under 8 a day. His coffee consumption hasn't changed much and hopefully isn't causing too many issues, but at least he got rid of drinking anything except for kombucha, coffee and water.

If you want to try hydrogenated water for energy instead of pop, here is how I make it: get an air tight container about 12-16 oz, 3 high purity magnesium rods and maltic acid. I put the 3 rods into the container and add 1/4 tsp of maltic acid and fill the container to the top with boiling distilled water (with no air pockets left) and seal it. Put it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours (watching close to make sure ice doesn't build up and explode the container). Then drink the entire batch. The bottle will build up pressure so it is kind of fun to open sometimes. After that you need to submerge the magnesium rods in distilled vinegar to remove the buildup to get them shinny again, wipe them off and then they are ready for another batch.

It lasts for about 4-6 hours for me and the only draw back appears to be a little loosening of the stool. After that wears off, there is a little bit of withdraw, but if the day is still early, another batch can always be consumed. I try to time the wear off towards bedtime and then the sleep is awesome.

I am not sure about CBD oil as I get those elements in another form.

I have always wondered about pharmaceuticals, it almost appears they simply mask or cover up the symptoms instead of actually correcting anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Actually you talking about Mg is "ringing some bells" here. I know my water is groundwater from under a huge meteor crater so the water supplier runs it through some kind of ionizer/water softener that strips the calcium because it´s very calcium rich. Because of that a lot of Mg is also unavailable or in unavailable form. PH 7.6@25°C.

I ran into lot´s of problems with my earth and hydrophonic setup since I had to stop using well-water. Especially Mg and Ca. I´ll see next week when the blood analysis comes in. I had to do those some years ago when I was getting my yearly medical examination for diving and they´ll probably show if there is some deficit.

I´ll definitly look into these Mg rods but it sounds a bit difficult to dose it? You don´t happen to have an EC meter around I guess. About the maltic acid, did you mean malic accidwithout the t? "apple acid"?

Or do you mean the malt that is stored in corn? We have alcoholfree malt "beer" (it´s not really beer), I don´t know if it´s a thing where you live but doctors encourage pregnant women to drink it because it has lot´s of minerals.

I´m a bit confused if it´s apple acid or malt.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Remember how I said I was usually wrong, well here is another case. Now I understand why the guy at the micro brewery store was looking at me funny, it wasn't maltic acid but malic acid:

Here is a video that is pretty close to how I make it.

DIY Hydrogen Water

No EC meter, I figure distilled water is a clean as I can get to use as a base. Maybe reverse osmosis water would work just as well since it is almost as clean.

I have never looked at the dosage. I read something and just try it gauging how my body reacts.

Two other fads that I have run across but haven't had a chance to look into: Hydrogen peroxide therapy (not intravenous but oral) & carbon-60 or C60. But as I am almost symptom free, I may just hold steady altitude for now.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ahh alright then malt it is

Hydrogen peroxide

Please be careful what you do. A small mistake can lead to fatal accidents like using copper or vinegear and getting them together. I don´t recommend swallowing this at all, even if highly thinned. You´ll kill the bacteria flora in your intestines that can lead to even more damage

Don´t swallow stuff like MMS either when we´re at it. It´s great for use outside, everything else is bs. You´ll not only kill the "bad" bacteria but all to other ones, two. I know you did not mention it but I´ll say front up, in case you have heard of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Good to know. There was a whole bunch of stuff that I was cautioned to research further before I tried the peroxide. Like using regular grade peroxide and freeze it to get the concentrate. The person cautioned not to use the 33% because it wasn't as reliable. After freezing regular peroxide, the liquid that was left would be around 28%. But since you are familiar with it and urge caution, I may just scratch that one off the list.

Edit to add:
I am trying to find out what MMS relates to. I punched that into the browser and WOW, shouldn't have tried that at work.
edit on 28-4-2018 by ClovenSky because: Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It´s called "Mineral Magic Supplement" and it´s basically Natriumchloride + activator acid (citrid acid for ex). It will produce chlordioxid. Violent stuff if you don´t know what you do. It can seriously damage your smelling, too.

It´s supposed to heal everything and there is so much blind following and "esoteric" knowledge, don´t swallow it, literally!!!

I had great results with a thornwart that I could not get rid of for over a decade. Tried it with acid, freezing, cutting it out myself, BURNING it out with a red glowing allen wrench, nothing did the trick.

Swabbed a bit of that stuff on it with vaseline protecting the surrounding skin for 2-3 times and around 15 days it was just gone and never reapeared. So outside use, yes, NEVER swallow that stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Holy cow, when you decide to remove something from your body, you go full bore....awesome!!!

I usually don't take very many supplements. I liked the idea of the hydrogen water for the increase in energy and exercising and kombucha for the good gut flora. But for minerals and supplements, I figure if a person eats right, all of the nutrients should be delivered properly and there is no need for external concentrations. I also question if just eating the supplements by themselves will work at all? I just imagine the body not being able to process them as well and efficient as it can when they are included with the whole food itself.

If you don't mind and if you are going down the route of healthy eating to correct the health issues, please let me know how it turns out. Even if it is 6-9 months down the line. I have pretty much mentally convinced myself that paleo/keto (with the occasional cheating by eating a potato here and there) is the way to go. I just worry sometimes that I will kill my roommate through ignorance of what is the correct path to take. That and I need to kick him out soon because I am loner and a hermit, I kind of miss the solitude.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Holy cow, when you decide to remove something from your body, you go full bore....awesome!!!

It was driving me nuts everytime I stepped over the border of a carpet or cable etc. hurt like hell so you´re going to do what you have to do. Just let´s say with heat, if you think you can´t stand it anymore and pull it out, it´s just the beginning...

But for minerals and supplements, I figure if a person eats right, all of the nutrients should be delivered properly and there is no need for external concentrations. I also question if just eating the supplements by themselves will work at all? I just imagine the body not being able to process them as well and efficient as it can when they are included with the whole food itself.

That´s the problem since the enzymes for splitting up the food are missing, that´s what the medication will be for. It also contains "Kreon" or basically it´s "Kreon.. I will ask if it comes to that (but I´m pretty sure).

If you don't mind and if you are going down the route of healthy eating to correct the health issues, please let me know how it turns out. Even if it is 6-9 months down the line. I have pretty much mentally convinced myself that paleo/keto (with the occasional cheating by eating a potato here and there) is the way to go.

See above "Kreon", that´s what the standard medication is. Maybe that´s the german word for it and it has another term in english. I´ll definitly hang around here and see how this develops.

I just worry sometimes that I will kill my roommate through ignorance of what is the correct path to take. That and I need to kick him out soon because I am loner and a hermit, I kind of miss the solitude.

If you have that feeling (and also power over him thus responsibility) you need to make him and yourself clear that each of you is -at the end- responsible (edit: for their own lifes), ASAP.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Have you considered traditional Chinese medicine? I've had alot of success over the years with TCM practitioners relieving various health issues that have cropped up(thankfully nothing serious). Basically what they do is balance the bodies various energy centres and remove blockages, totally at odds with western medicine but considering they've been developing it for over a thousand years in my experience they really know why and how illness occurs and what needs to be done to cure them.
For serious illnesses Id certainty stick with modern medicine but(with doctors approval) using TCM as well I think would really help in terms of energy levels and speed and quality of recovery.
Lastly if you're looking for a TCM practitioner I'd definitely go with an actual Chinese person rather than a westerner because(in my opinion)to fully understand the entire philosophy takes a person that not only speaks and thinks in Chinese but also has a deep cultural connection with the history and spirit of TCM.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I know about TCM but I have not looked into it yet but I will. I have to say that medication I get is working.

One thought that won´t go out of my head: The medication is from pigs pankreas. When I eat pork now, is it cannibalism?

Seriously, I´m thinking about negative effects that pork meat could have on me because pigs don´t eat pigs, or do they?

Kind of funny, kind of serious!

join