It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigh...not 'pets', but...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It kinda sounds like you could use a hand 😅
Just you and the wife, eh? You should put up an AD: "There's 3 hots and a pile of straw in the barn waiting for a healthy strapping young lad who aint ascared of work" I woulda been all over that 15 or so years ago. That's free room and board!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I feel for ya. I grew up on a small farm, we only had 30-40 head of cattle at any one time but it sometimes seemed like hundreds!

We had a bull that grew up in similar circumstances. I can remember feeding him several times a day when he could barely stand on his own. He was "my" baby for his entire life. He knew exactly when I was going to be waiting for the school bus and would be at the corner of the field waiting for his ear scratches when I left and when I got home.

Bless you and your wife and all the farmers/ranchers out there.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Shoot, we've tried to hire folks to come out on similar terms and they just won't go for it, even offered to pay them too (a fair amount too).

Had one guy who seemed interested at first, but it turned out he was just looking for a place to park his dumpy trailer for a flop house and didn't have any intention of doing any work at all (no matter how much we paid). Tried some of the younger guys and gals in the area and they're either too busy on their own family's ranch, or they don't want anything to do with the life (just want their X-box and a couch).

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Noticed how you said stomp "yourself" to death... yet did not define what it is you are killing and getting so paranoid about to stand a gun at your bedside.

Some sort of life in that cycle spilled out your um beans; forced your hand in typing those words... stomping all over yourself; so what sort of life could your seed spread out all over that farm be offended by you that you have been killing or slaughtering with discrimination? Or ceasing to have oneself... it almost sounds like you are bull your wife is the cow and the calf is your child and there is a bunch of past spilled seed biting back at you and your family as a brood. Possibly ants on either side or scorpions? Something venomous; is leaving those puss sacs that is being rejected; and well the body of self/land and other is how that will express as one works it.

It should be seen as a sanctuary for all the natural life; so set up some sort of menagerie for all of it and literally show them where they need to go as gently as possible... some find no use for example; the worms in nut trees... and burn them, however they are silk worms and they can be bred for silk in a special place... so more education than just what you ranch with is a very good idea...

There's the bole-weevil that showed the folly of trying to make one entire state the ONLY cotton producing state... no matter how much land one dwells on such is that sort of case in the amount of peace, serenity and sickness found also in it, on it and above it.

A farmers almanac and the website Mother Earth are good resources for such natural dwelling at one and at peace instead of continually riding fences trying to grasp a piece of iron to rail some? Mend some.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Huh?????

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Read your "own" post; and maybe my reply will make more sense to you... if you are keeping and tending cattle... maybe you are not fit to do so? That is "if" the rest of the post does not make sense.

I can only write or speak to what "you" wrote. No matter how confusing to oneself or other(s) reading it may seem.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're even talking about! You make no sense at all.

"...not fit to do so", eh?

Any time you'd like to stop out and see just exactly what I am "fit" to do, or not fit to do, please cowboy right up, son!

Until then, have a grrrrreat day!

edit on 4/30/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to stop trying to "Old West" everything and learn to live with the land. Thats what real homesteading is... make use of not dispose of everything.

A good barn cat will protect against infestation in grains; catnip around ponds will keep mosquitoes out.

THAT sort of thing.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

AND...a RIFLE will protect against coyotes, friend.

Not sure what you're smokin', but I'm a rancher...don't know about YOU!!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

As a native tobacco; as an incense/libation to ancestral spirits. I can't make peace with such pipes as you like to smoke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join