It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science just Uncover what happened to our mind when we Die, Star trek knew it since 1988!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's the next generation, not the new generation.

Carry on.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Xtrozero

I've seen a video where a mans head was cut off and his eyes looked around ... Creepy

Since the head isn't connected to the body anymore, I suppose it's logical to think that they wouldn't feel the pain and pressure of not getting any air? Or have the drive to gasp for air? But they would still feel pain at their neck, or whatever part of the bottom of the head that got sliced. Right? Or maybe they still feel their body, like with the phantom limb phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge. I've seen this in several doctor shows, or maybe I just don't understand what they are saying is new.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Hi Dear wheresthebody,

Yes, you are quite right it was the Next Generation, I appreciate you bring the attention to it.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I've seen a video where a mans head was cut off and his eyes looked around ... Creepy

There's enough oxygen in the blood to keep brain cells functional for 15 seconds. This was proved when patients were given an anaesthetic gas. 14 seconds after inhaling, still conscious. 1 second later, they passed out. Read stories about car accidents were one passenger (without a seatbelt) was thrown from his seat, through the windscreen and on top of a road sign. He looked around, saw a body on the ground, looked at his friend, then his eyes rolled up.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Since the head isn't connected to the body anymore, I suppose it's logical to think that they wouldn't feel the pain and pressure of not getting any air? Or have the drive to gasp for air? But they would still feel pain at their neck, or whatever part of the bottom of the head that got sliced. Right? Or maybe they still feel their body, like with the phantom limb phenomenon.

Probably, they would feel that their whole body was on fire. That's the usual response when nerve endings are hit with free radicals. Those chemical reactions create a voltage potential which causes neurons to fire.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I don't think science or science fiction have any idea of exactly what goes on after death.

There are concepts which don't even map to anything experienced in life or the physical world, such as the thentelid metaforms.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wait, research from just last year stated that the brain can still receive signals from our senses for anywhere between 30-90 minutes after bodily death has occurred. After that time has expired the brain shuts down via sections of importance. It happens fairly quickly after the temporal lob stops taking in signals (no it doesn't mean a persons ability to determine time, it's just the name of the lob or section of brain if you will)

So talking to the recently departed isn't that bad of an idea since they can still receive what you say. They just can't respond back. On the other hand near-death research conducted in 1948 (The London study), 1962 (The Bridgeport study), 1977 (The Cambridge Study), and 2008 (I don't know what this study was named, but it was conducted up here in the PNW) have all showed a strange similarity in what people reported remembering (as far as I know though, it has yet to be determined if one study has affected the rest or not)

As for the Star Trek stuff, well Skin of Evil doesn't really make a clear case for this study. In the episode the "Eivl" was cast off of some space faring race, and it was composed of their bad thoughts and stuff junk. After the being kills off the crewmember, her brain begins to fade out. The idea of reviving a person after they have stopped having brian activity would be nothing more them keeping the body alive only. As soon as the brain activity is gone, there would be no way of restarting the brian. The signal is lost and the person is gone. In the study that was done that showed that the brain is still fuctional for 30-90 minutes after death is recorded showed that there are measurible brain activity during that time. This is why people can be brought to life after a death event (if it happens during that time. That time can be extended though if the body is chilled done below 80 degree F)

***I added in the below part as an after thought responce to an above poster***

originally posted by: stormcell

There's enough oxygen in the blood to keep brain cells functional for 15 seconds. This was proved when patients were given an anaesthetic gas. 14 seconds after inhaling, still conscious. 1 second later, they passed out. Read stories about car accidents were one passenger (without a seatbelt) was thrown from his seat, through the windscreen and on top of a road sign. He looked around, saw a body on the ground, looked at his friend, then his eyes rolled up.

To this I point out this study that was being done in 2013: NatGeo: In Dying Brains

In a new study, Borjigin discovered that rats show an unexpected pattern of brain activity immediately after cardiac arrest. With neither breath nor heartbeats, these rodents were clinically dead but for at least 30 seconds, their brains showed several signals of conscious thought, and strong signals to boot. This suggests that our final journey into permanent unconsciousness may actually involve a brief state of heightened consciousness.
Although the experiments were done in rats, Borjigin thinks they have implications for the near-death experiences (NDEs) reported by one in five people who are resuscitated after their hearts stop. Although they were unconscious, unresponsive and clinically dead at the time, they come back with stories of bright lights, “realer than real” memories, and meetings with people they knew. Some scientists have dismissed these accounts outright. Others have taken NDEs as proof of a religious afterlife or a consciousness that lives on outside the body, as popularised in a recent bestseller of dubious provenance.

Just an interesting point to note.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Guyfriday because: edited due to late response

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Gene Roddenberry supposedly had his own channeler who channelled the council of 9. The whole Star Trek series is channeled information, it was not Gene Roddenberry's imagination. He is sat in on the channeling sessions and made a tv series about it.
Freeman mentions it in the first minute of this video.

"When science begins to study non-physical phenomena it will make more progress in one decade than all the previous centuries of its existence." - Tesla

this is an interesting link with some more info and one of the supposed channeling sessions.

www.oocities.org...
edit on 26-4-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

another interesting video about Masonic Star Trek and the Council of 9. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think tying it in with Star Trek is a bit of sensationalism, I know this theory goes back to the French Revolution and the guillotine without researching it
Science fiction tie in
Star Trek

The Simpsons predicted a President, pareidolia effect on tv shows

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well, certainly science has done important steps on the last decades to try to fill a so large gap on scientific literature that refers to aspects that have remained traditionally in mystery and are much better explained by religions or metaphysics.

This finding we are commenting today is important but still do not explain completely for instance the strange experiences thousands of people that were clinically dead refer to have had during that period of time.

why so many people says to have experienced out of body impressions, to be able to literally see the people around their bodies doing efforts to reanimate them, physicians, nurses, paramedical efforts of resuscitation have been described with remarkable accuracy.

Why there is the sensation to project themselves traveling so fast along a kind of corridor in space time, a tunnel that opens in front of them through which they can move along all their life span events, reviewing experiences, places, people that were part of their existence backward and then suddenly find themselves moving forward to another dimension that escape from the material world?

Why there is people that have been seen, felt or heard sometimes as far as hundreds or even thousand of miles away when they are dying by their beloved ones?

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I also thought this was already common knowledge.

But...

a reply to: Gargoyle91

What the heck do you watch in your spare time?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

You guys are anons aren't you? Into the rekt threads?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Interesting!

We've known that lack of oxygen causes the brain cells to rapidly start going to snip. There's probably not too many good guesses to the mode of disconnection besides depolarization.

That we hadnt proved it tho, dig this:

"We" knew that atoms existed, and their nature many many moons before we could prove it. Hel, it was but a handful of years ago, this decade, that an atom was even properly photographed for the first time.

Even more interesting is "our" predilective predictions about DNA. Well actually, the ancient symbol for healthcare, the Caduceus, is. Damn thing was practically a prophecy.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Most scifi writers are also avid science fans. it sort of goes along with the personality. They may be more artistic than technical, but like many people who read pop-sci today, they tend to fantasize using actual science as a foundation for their imagination.

So it's not surprising that the best scifi shows, which typically have the most actual scientific basis underlying the fantasy, are also those who tend to be capable of making predictions.

Another aspect is that many scientists also enjoy watching scifi. It is easy to see how a suggestion might be instilled while doing that... "I wonder if that would really be possible?" It's almost like a subconscious communications medium between scifi and science.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The times i have died there has been nothing. Just nonexistence that you aren't aware off. Its just...nothingness.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
In other words the brain does not Shut off immediately, but induces a kind of deep sleep in which it can remain for minutes waiting if there is a way to regain normality.

But haven't we known this for a long time? People who drown and are resuscitated 20, 30 or 40 minutes are good examples of this.

Doesn't seem like any ground breaking discoveries made. And I think they had an idea of what happens to the brain, physiologically back in the 60s, no?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Exactly, since in your case (if I understood what you said on the issue correctly) you had no direct input of data, your brain will simply not provide any memories of the event after your body is reanimated (or brought back to life if you will). I think that your input on this topic will greatly enhance the scientific conversation.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Sad to say humanity in the raw .

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Screenwriters don't just conjured up stuff... they research first. They have to, otherwise they might end up writing so far fetched crap that the viewer can't indentify with thus killing the suspension of disbelief.

So like others have stated, they knew because they took a leap of faith on some of the research papers available at the time.

In other news recently... a 53-year old man from France died from a heart attack while walking in the cold. He was brought back to life 18 hours later....... that's pretty amazing, but could only happen because the cold kept his cells from deterioration, which lends more proof to the idea that the brain reminds functioning for a while after death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join