It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Found Guilty in Sexual-Assault Trial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

I hope he gets it right in the pudding in prison! I don't care if he is 130, all it means is that he went free for way too long!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
have no doubt, Coz was dropping roofies, drugs or whatever in drinks. However, that was fairly normal behavior in his time. It doesn't necessarily mean anything as a lot of women consented.

i have been trying to understand the mindset that could produce this paragraph and the only conclusions i can come to are deeply unsettling.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

True but , the question still remains, is their any proof.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: snowspirit

True but , the question still remains, is their any proof.

Yes, there is proof. You have to have proof to bring a charge to trial. If police submit heresy to the D.A., he or she will tell the cops to get lost. The trick is making a jury believe the evidence submitted.

I think you're trolling.

Whatever the case, he has been found guilty and if he doesn't die in prison he will die alongside his "good" name that he worked so hard for to maintain all these years. I have seen pictures of him.......he looks angry. In some pictures, angry enough to kill someone. He's angry that he got caught, he's angry that he will not die being revered the world over for a reputation he doesn't deserve, and he's angry because the last person he did this to has turned out looking like Howard Sterns twin sister. And most of all, he's angry that through his entire life, this sort of behavior constituted 95% of his sexual activity. How sad is that? And personally, I never thought he was that funny. He came across as a dork who tried too hard.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I honestly don't care what happens to him.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The best stand up routine ever.

I was a fan for many years. ...just goes to show how little we know of our celebs that we have a really bad habit of putting on pedestals.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

To be honest, neither would I.

If I'm monster enough to do this sort of thing, I'm going to go and hide somewhere with no extradition treaties.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My $0.02...

I loved Cosby's comedy. It was second only to early Carlin.

I loved The Cosby Show. Good wholesome entertainment.

A jury of 12 of Cosby's peers has judged him guilty. I cannot argue with that. Our legal system does not allow it. But I will say this: I am not personally convinced of his guilt. I know the stories, the supposed pattern of behavior, and the multitude of victims... and they may be true... but on the other hand I also know how many times an accusation has been used to ruin someone's life.

There is the rub with pulling the sex scam thing a few times too many. I do not believe the witnesses against Roy Moore, for instance; they disappeared after the election (as I expected). That is a despicable thing to do to a man. This case had similar charges. So, I won't believe the witnesses or the verdict myself and I will still consider Cos as a great comedian and humanitarian, although I understand why he may well die in prison.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Justice.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The question now is wether or not the Judges who nailed his rotten olde arse will really NAIL him or if this is just a cover....if he gets off lightly this is a sham and the TPTB are NOT REMEDIATED YET......

We DO NOT BELIEVE IT YET FOLKS...change is NOT HERE YET...we NEED TO SEE THIS PIG GO DOWN and then we need to see LOTS OF BAD COPS and Lawyers and Judges GOING DOWN THE SAME WAYS....until we do there is no way to feel comfortable that change is really afoot.....simply coughing up a few old coots like Crosby who are monsters is NOT ENOUGH....we want to see some of the real players in the olde style charade of a legal system ....going down AND NOW NOT LATER......how did the slob survive this long...who ARE THE PEOPLE WHO PRESERVED HIM FOR THIS LONG....NAMES/ NUMBERS PLEASE...he should have gone down long long ago and now we have a template to illustrate WHO INDIRECTLY HELPED HIM FOR THIS LONG.....name em number em and remediate em.

There are HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of this type of crimnal just waiting to be publiclly remediated...many wear badges and many work within the legal system and ALL must be treated with the same levl of disgust......I want to see killer cops and the judges and lawyers and prosecutors et al who have been covering for them GO DOWN NOW AS WELL AND NOW NOT LATER.

Crosby is not near enough.

edit on 27-4-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Sillyolme

The best stand up routine ever.

I was a fan for many years. ...just goes to show how little we know of our celebs that we have a really bad habit of putting on pedestals.

Is that the case or did he change over the decades? People DO change.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: eNumbra

Did the people who he was alleged to have raped go to the police and make a complaint the morning after? if not the verdict is unsound.

You're #ting us right? You've put a statute of limitation on rape to less than 24 hours? I spend more time deciding if I want to change fabric softener. In drugged cases you've got muddy thinking. Then there's shame. Confusion. Fear. But I'm sure all that can be cleared up with a good night's sleep.

Cripes.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I am not personally convinced of his guilt. I know the stories, the supposed pattern of behavior, and the multitude of victims... and they may be true... but on the other hand I also know how many times an accusation has been used to ruin someone's life.

There is the rub with pulling the sex scam thing a few times too many. I do not believe the witnesses against Roy Moore, for instance; they disappeared after the election (as I expected). That is a despicable thing to do to a man. This case had similar charges.

as far as moore goes, the statute of limitations had run out. there was nothing else for the victims to do but tell their story and let the world decide.

and as far as cosby goes, when you have 60+ women telling the same story... well, all i can say is either you have not really delved into the facts of the case, or your suspension of disbelief is a marvel to behold.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes, they do.

Slip little by little.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

have no doubt, Coz was dropping roofies, drugs or whatever in drinks. However, that was fairly normal behavior in his time. It doesn't necessarily mean anything as a lot of women consented.

i have been trying to understand the mindset that could produce this paragraph and the only conclusions i can come to are deeply unsettling.

Doesn't say much about your ability for higher level thought.

I'll try again for those on the short bus.

Cosby was from an era where (70s, 80s) where people regularly used coke and other drugs leisurely - both men and women. Him admitting to this is not nefarious by itself, but just what people frequently did during his time. It is was normal behavior for a lot of people in that circle.

Imagine your favorite artist today... anyone. Let's say the rapper, Future. He raps about Percocets, mollies, etc. Now, imagine 20, 30 years from now some ex-Thot video hoe comes out of the woodwork and claims Future drugged her and assaulted her. She says he slipped her some X or whatever and took advantage of her.

Knowing what you know about youth drug culture today and how women are... would you be a little skeptical?

That is all I am saying. It is like how when a drunk chick sobers up and decides all of a sudden she didn't want to have sex AFTER it is done.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I have no doubt Cosby was banging groupies. He got a side chick preggers. The question is if he was assaulting women or are these women just having cognitive dissonance. This is the real issue.

Is far too easy for women to go from willing participant to cognitive dissonance. Unfortunately, for men, that can mean you just committed sexual assault.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What I really don't understand is why he allowed himself to stand trial in the first place. He's worth somewhere north of $400 million... in his shoes I'd have hopped a flight to Morocco, the UAE, or Qatar and lived out my years there, free from concern over extradition and with enough money to live quite comfortably in a country that is relatively well to do. Stand trial? Hell no, not with those kinds of resources I wouldn't.

Shott if he went to the MIddle east he could legally have slaves and even drug non muslim women at will.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Talk about inconsistency in the justice system...

We got Mr. Cosby going down over he said, she said...24 years ago.

R Kelly out free when we got him ON TAPE pissing on a teenager...

SMDH.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Talk about inconsistency in the justice system...

We got Mr. Cosby going down over he said, she said...24 years ago.

R Kelly out free when we got him ON TAPE pissing on a teenager...

SMDH.

I'm sure more than a few blacks are wondering why Cosby is going to jail, but Harvey Weinstein is still a free man.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

If you're trying to get me to change my mind on this, you might as well try to flatten out West Virginia. I stated what i think and why I think it. If you want people to believe women who come forward with accusations, then you have to stop women from coming forward with false accusations.

If I want people to believe I don't steal, I have to not get caught shoplifting.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Justice.

If that's what you think, good for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well just wait twenty years, then someone comes out of the wood work and accuses you of rape on a drug fuelled night that you don't remember. You would look as dumbstruck as Cosby does.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join