It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple fatalities after van runs over people in Toronto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

A van has run over pedestrians in Toronto, killing a number of people and injuring others, local officials say. It’s unknown whether it’s an intentional act.

The incident happened at 1:27 p.m. ET on Monday when police were called to an incident in the North York district, where “numerous” pedestrians were reported to have been hit by a van.

The Toronto Police Service said at least 8 to 10 people were believed to have been struck by the van, but added that the exact number of victims was still unclear.

Here we go again....

I don't have a lot to add that hasn't been said a million times.

Check the link for the full story.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Like sands through the hourglass...

How do we stop this?
edit on 23-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It is yet to be determined if this was on purpose or not, but due to these van & truck attacks becoming so common, I can't help but lean towards thinking this was an attack

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, I was about to go on about car bans, Van Free Zones, etc.......

But we've all herd that enough.

So instead, How about a song of my people:

"I've got a lovely bunch of Coconuts, didly-dee, there they are, standing in the road! BUM BUM BUM!

Big Ones, Small Ones, Some as Big As Your Head!"

On a serious note, thoughts and prayers to all involved in the incident. I can't believe the NRA let this tragedy happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"UPDATE: Suspect in custody. Details soon." - bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Multiple fatalities

How do you know this ?
Reports on Twitter say the guy was white but we will have to wait as Toronto police say the driver is now in custody.
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They said last time they were doing things to stop this from happening again.

Fail.

😐

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

A van has run over pedestrians in Toronto, killing a number of people and injuring others, local officials say. It’s unknown whether it’s an intentional act.

The incident happened at 1:27 p.m. ET on Monday when police were called to an incident in the North York district, where “numerous” pedestrians were reported to have been hit by a van.

The Toronto Police Service said at least 8 to 10 people were believed to have been struck by the van, but added that the exact number of victims was still unclear.

Here we go again....

I don't have a lot to add that hasn't been said a million times.

Check the link for the full story.

The driver is believed to have fled the scene.

The van must be a previously confiscated van.

🤐

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The article says so.

👋

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Time to ban these assault vans. All van's should have manual transmissions. Cars shouldn't be allowed to shift gears so fast. Did the van driver have background check? For the children... if we can just save one life. I mean, no one actually needs a van when a smart car will do.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Time to ban these assault vans. All van's should have manual transmissions. Cars shouldn't be allowed to shift gears so fast. Did the van driver have background check? For the children... if we can just save one life. I mean, no one actually needs a van when a smart car will do.

What is wrong with only allowing public transport? Let the govt take care of transporting people. There is no need for people to individually need to drive.....when the govt can do that for you too.

/sarc

SMFH

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

All VIN numbers need to be certified too.

😎

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Live feed

News story

edit on 23-4-2018 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Almost everyone in here is jaded and can’t wait for this event to fit their own narratives,sad really can’t even wait minutes for facts.

The gun banning analogies don’t help your cause either, being that facetious helps nothing.

edit on 23-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

How do we stop this?

Well first, don't broadcast it 24/7. Crazies trying to get their 15 mins of fame and they get it.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh look, ATS is using a tragedy to make politically motivated sarcastic remarks.

Stay classy.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Almost everyone in here is jaded and can’t wait for this event to fit their own narratives,sad really can’t even wait minutes for facts.

The gun banning analogies don’t help your cause either, being that facetious helps nothing.

Well we focus on guns, but I feel a vehicle is the scariest weapon possible for the average crazy/terrorist. If we think about it, a person with a truck could kill a lot of people if they just planned it out good and they are already in their get away.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They said last time they were doing things to stop this from happening again.

Fail.

😐

Good point, but the problem can equally be blamed on these mentally unstable folk whose motives could've been fueled by constant media coverage. Sure if folk need to be informed of danger then by all means do it, but it can also prove to be an influence on those unsound of mind. I'm not perfectly sane myself but I do believe in less live and constant broadcasting of this certain crime.

I can't blame the law enforcement because there are millions of Motorists in America-one could be radicalized, one could be mentally ill, the list goes on. But what is to be done?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

How do we stop this?

Line the sidewalks with barriers or posts

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
One could argue barehands are suitable weapons too it’s all about the mind set. Using a a tool for its intended purpose.

a reply to: Xtrozero

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join