It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan, Colion Noir, and gun control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Joe Rogan sat down with Colion Noir, an "unofficial spokesman" for the NRA to talk about gun control, mass shootings, and a host of sub-topics related to those subjects.

Noir is an attorney in Houston who went from never having even fired a gun up into his mid-twenties to being one of the faces of the gun rights movement in America in the span of about a decade. During the conversation, they take on several of the left leaning talking points about gun control, as well as getting in to why the focus is on guns rather than mental health, socio-economic issues, and other things.

They also discuss the NRA itself (particularly how the NRA is racist, and people try to make that point to the black guy who's an NRA member....), and how big names seem to want to avoid having a debate with Noir. They touch on Hollywood's obsession with virtue signalling from behind their walled off compounds staffed by armed security, all while taking a break from filming their next gun filled action movie.

I found Noir a pretty interesting guy to listen to, mostly due to his ability to make points, use factual data, and present an entire argument in a calm, measured way rather than resorting to personal attacks and the shrill, verbal equivalent of caps-lock raging as he speaks. I thought that perhaps some gun rights supporters who find it difficult to verbalize their opinion on things might find him helpful to listen to. I also think those who campaign for harsh gun control measures might benefit from hearing the opposition presented in Noir's manner.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Excellent and balanced discussion which, from what I've seen of Joe's shows seems always to be the case. Only around 30 minutes in but it is a good one. Speaking reason and logic is something the MSM tries to avoid.

ETA In recent memory there has only been one mass-shooting in The Netherlands. 24 year-old suicidal guy with a history of mental problems who was on SSRI's and was a legal member of a gun-club who the police here had not got round to inspecting. He had 3 weapons at home legally, one of which was an automatic or semi-automatic rifle type thing. (I know very little about guns so excuse the lack of correct terms) Tristan van der Vlis killed six people and wounded 17 before turning the gun on himself in a shopping mall.
edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

He was on SSRI's?

Boy, that's weird. Probably a complete coincidence though.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Oh absolutely!
Just a coincidence folks, nothing to see here!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Gun control....lol...use Canadas method...simply ABBROGATE THE CHARTER RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS of everyone in your Country by using constituency based civic by-laws which are never successfully challenged due to collusion at the court level.By Federal law every Canadian has the right to carry a concealed handgun anytime anywhere....however provincial level legeslators put in checks and balances vis so-called provincial Firearms Officers who decide who can and cannot carry handguns in their provinces and other rules that ABBROGATE these supposedly over-ruling Canadian Charter rights.

It would be like the USA Federal Government guaranteeing Americans the right to carry concealed handguns and then the State legeslators coming up with BS law that find ways to abrogate these FEDERAL OVERRULING RIGHTS....they do it by burying things in the legal processes and by having Judges and others help them collude to do such....of course a successful challenge in court would stop this horrible abrogation of citizens rights but the game is rigged the legal system is rotten and NO ONE IS EVER ALLOWED TO TAKE IT TO THE TOP COURTS AND WIN...ever...ever....it is what it is...sadly corrupt.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just flagging this for later, and I don't want to derail the thread.

That being said, somehow the fact there's a black guy named "Noir" is instantly one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

It's like flipping off the entire world, and knowing there will never be any smart-asses that can ever say CRAP about it, haha.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

That being said, somehow the fact there's a black guy named "Noir" is instantly one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

He explains how he landed on the pseudonym pretty early on in the podcast

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've been following Colion since he started his YouTube channel.

He started with somewhat poorly produced gun reviews, but his scripts were fantastic, which is why NRATV picked him up.

It helps that he wasn't just another redneck on YouTube blowing # up in an unsafe manner(looking at you demo ranch jackasses) and wasn't trying to proselytize but instead provide information.

People like Colion are rare in media where sensationalism is the standard.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I rather enjoy his rants about different round types.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Oh, good, so we need less rights and 16 yo voting on stuff?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Not a huge fan of the NRA but this guy is pretty solid. Thanks for the video.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Demoranch is vetranch. And i find that completely worthwhile.

But yeah...hes a lunatic.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'd honestly never heard much about him other than 60 second sound bites here and there, didn't even know he was a YouTuber until I listened to the podcast. Will have to check him out now though

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was nice hearing reasonable and rational arguments put forth in his manner. Too often folks lose their # from the word "go!" and, as I said in the OP, resort to caps-lock raging.

And then wonder why people ignore them.

Glad you enjoyed

link   

He's extremely good at taking the anti-gunners to task for their idiocy.

link   

Yea that's what I'd seen of him. After that commercial or whatever it was came out with all the "vets" talking about how the AR-15 is the same thing they carried in the military...here comes Colion.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

This was a pretty good rebuttal to that ridiculous video.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They had me at "1171 water dog" lol

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Was nice hearing reasonable and rational arguments put forth in his manner. Too often folks lose their # from the word "go!" and, as I said in the OP, resort to caps-lock raging.

And then wonder why people ignore them.

Totally agree. I've stopped having firearms conversations with emotional people becasue they are emotional.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How do his beliefs change the fact that guns are deadly weapons and many people can't be trusted with them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join