It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man only fosters terminally ill children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This story really got to me. I'm not much of a cryer but oof.

Mohamed Bzeek knew that. But in his more than two decades as a foster father, he took them in anyway — the sickest of the sick in Los Angeles County's sprawling foster care system.

He has buried about 10 children. Some died in his arms.

Now, Bzeek spends long days and sleepless nights caring for a bedridden 6-year-old foster girl with a rare brain defect. She's blind and deaf. She has daily seizures. Her arms and legs are paralyzed.

"I know she can't hear, can't see, but I always talk to her," he said. "I'm always holding her, playing with her, touching her. … She has feelings. She has a soul. She's a human being."

So this gentleman and his wife (this is sad too) started caring for foster children, then decided they would care for terminally ill children exclusively. I can't even imagine the strength that takes. He is a blessing to this world.

"The key is, you have to love them like your own," Bzeek said recently. "I know they are sick. I know they are going to die. I do my best as a human being and leave the rest to God."

Link

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What a dude.
I couldn't imagine doing that.
Cheers dude for sharing this these types of stories should be the top story in the news instead of doom and gloom let's celebrate people like in the op. Let's remind everyone of our humanity and the good we are capable of.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Big love to them all x

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Sadly I bet he makes more money doing it .

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This guy is one of the true miracles of this world.

For someone to willingly put himself through this much heartache, just to make sure these children feel loved before the inevitable takes place.
Truly an angel in every sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Respekt!!! There is some faith in humanity left after all.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Wow. Not all heroes wear capes.

My hat's off to them

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

If you read the article in full, he only gets $1700 a month to care for her 24/7

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't know where he finds the strength.

Just wow. I'm small compared to him.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91
same thing i thought bet he makes alot of money

but someone like that deserves it

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Yeah It's hard to tell who's in it for the money or for the kids , See some of these people fostering 6-8-10 Kids all for the money.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Sadly I bet he makes more money doing it .

One requires funds to raise a healthy child, Id imagine more were needed when taking care of a terminally I'll child.

I grew up in foster homes, and I was lucky to have new school shoes even though my foster parents were paid for keeping me.

I don't get the same vibe from the foster parents mentioned in the OP, these two are clearly legit, imo, it's pearly gates for them,

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Just when I though humanity as a race was a lost cause something like this comes along to give me a tiny nudge if hopefulness. No amount of compensation is enough to offset how much of himself is invested in caring for and about each of these kids and knowing that he will be planning their funerals before they ever get to him home. It takes a very special person to be able to do something like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That takes a special kind of heart.

Whatever we give should be out of love, not for self-gratification. I think this may safely be said of this kindly soul, and his wife.

Blessed be, sir.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just saw an interview on TV not to long ago with him. Bawled my eyes out. I'm guessing this is his last time on this planet. Such a bright soul.

If everyone had but half of his compassion....

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The way I've found to look at it is like this:

Where there is one, there are usually more. We don't hear about them, because they don't do what they do for fame, or glory, though in some cases they find it, but because they must. Their hearts, and souls, will allow nothing less.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That's a hell of a man there. Dare I say not human, but an angel in disguise.

Dammit, who's cutting onions in here?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The blokes got a big heart but I found the article incredibly depressing.

At the risk of sounding like a total asshat, why on earth would we not euthanise someone who is not only blind, deaf and paralyzed but also suffering from daily seizures???
What sort of life could she ever lead? who in their right mind believes that this 6 year old girl who can experience nothing but pain should suffer?

I do believe the hubby and wife have their hearts in the right place but society as a whole needs to look at whether its in the best interests of the girl and people like her to be kept alive or whether we are doing it so we can feel good about ourselves.

Id almost guarantee that if this poor little girl has cognizant thoughts it would be along the lines of "can you please make the suffering stop"

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Not only does this good man have to watch the children he cares for die, his own wife died a couple of years ago too. These children aren't being "kept alive" per se, but are being given a chance of a bit of love and care before they die of their illnesses, as it seems from the article, these children are often abandoned by their own parents.

Whilst this man is caring for this latest terminally ill child, he has had to turn down requests for him to take others as she takes up all his time, so saying he's in it for the money couldn't be more wrong

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

May the Light Side of the Force be with this man.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join