It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report: McCabe Lack of Candor (Lying) Under Oath

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The first of a series of reports detailing malfeasance & corruption of the DOJ has dropped. Andrew McCabe was caught lying (Lack of Candor) including multiple times under oath.

Those who are willing to follow the truth wherever it leads and have been following the politicization of the DOJ know that there is much more to come. Time for charges for this one--the Deputy Director of the FBI lying under oath is a pretty sad day for America.

THIS (and the other forthcoming reports) should light a fire under the public, and I'm sure has been addressed by Huber before a grand jury. Just now starting to comb through this, but the evidence is clear and McCabe needs to be prosecuted.

He'll probably need a little more cash if you have donated to his gofundme legal defense and don't mind chipping in for such a lying and corrupt weasel.

We found that, in a conversation with then-Director Comey shortly after the WSJ article was published, McCabe lacked candor when he told Comey, or made statements that led Comey to believe, that McCabe had not authorized the disclosure and did not know who did. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.5 (Lack of Candor – No Oath).

We also found that on May 9, 2017, when questioned under oath by FBI agents from INSD, McCabe lacked candor when he told the agents that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ and did not know who did. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

We further found that on July 28, 2017, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview, McCabe lacked candor when he stated: (a) that he was not aware of Special Counsel having been authorized to speak to reporters around October 30 and (b) that, because he was not in Washington, D.C., on October 27 and 28, 2016, he was unable to say where Special Counsel was or what she was doing at that time. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

We additionally found that on November 29, 2017, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview during which he contradicted his prior statements by acknowledging that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ, McCabe lacked candor when he: (a) stated that he told Comey on October 31, 2016, that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ; (b) denied telling INSD agents on May 9 that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ about the PADAG call; and (c) asserted that INSD’s questioning of him on May 9 about the October 30 WSJ article occurred at the end of an unrelated meeting when one of the INSD agents pulled him aside and asked him one or two questions about the article. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

…we concluded that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of the CF (Clinton Foundation) Investigation through an anonymously sourced quote, recounting the content of a phone call with a senior Department official in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership, was clearly not within the public interest exception. We therefore concluded that McCabe’s disclosure of the existence of an ongoing investigation in this manner violated the FBI’s and the Department’s media policy and constituted misconduct.

Full Copy OIG Report (PDF)

You might recall what MCCabe had to say about the allegations in his public statement. Seems like he can't stop lying. Wonder if he'll start singing too?

edit on 13-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Looks like Lisa Page has turned witness and we can look forward to more truth in the coming days and weeks. After McCabe tried to throw her under the bus, is it any wonder?

The source said Page’s statements to investigators were “critical” because they directly contradicted her boss, McCabe.

According to the source, McCabe’s lack of candor about the contact with the Journal reporter led to his firing. The source added that Page’s testimony about the matter contradicted McCabe’s. Then-FBI Director James Comey claimed he never authorized the leak to the Journal.

Important – Catherine Herridge Confirms Lisa Page Statements Contradicted Andrew McCabe, Ultimately Leading to His Firing

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My thoughts: his wife came out and said a lot of things that made him sound like a victim.

Meanwhile, Flynn was bankrupted and had his children threatened for the EXACT SAME OFFENSE that McCabe is a victim because of.

Now...i don't equate the 2 as McCabe should remain above reproach and Flynn's "lie" wasn't a lie insomuch as the FBI just asserting it was a lie and then banktrupting him while he had to prove otherwise.

But it stinks to high heaven.

For any who want to rail on the criminals indicted from Trumps team...keep in mind that it appears to be criminals doing the indicting. I.e., there is no faith to be had in any of this at this point.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ol' McCabe in bigger trouble than they thought !!

😀😁😂😃

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My thoughts: his wife came out and said a lot of things that made him sound like a victim.

Meanwhile, Flynn was bankrupted and had his children threatened for the EXACT SAME OFFENSE that McCabe is a victim because of.

Now...i don't equate the 2 as McCabe should remain above reproach and Flynn's "lie" wasn't a lie insomuch as the FBI just asserting it was a lie and then banktrupting him while he had to prove otherwise.

For any who want to rail on the criminals indicted from Trumps team...keep in mind that it appears to be criminals doing the indicting. I.e., there is no faith to be had in any of this at this point.

I got out of jury duty because I wrote on the questionnaire I had no desire to participate because the whole damn justice system is corrupt!
The cancer runs deep in our Republic.

I didn't even have to show up! I got a post card telling me to stay home! lmao
edit on 13-4-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
More from the report---wow what a hypocritical weasel MCCabe is. No wonder good and honest agents hate both McCabe and Comey.

8. McCabe Admonishes Two FBI Executives for Leaks in the October 30 WSJ Article Regarding the CF Investigation

Two FBI Executives, NY-ADIC and the then-Assistant Director in Charge of the Washington Field Division (“W-ADIC”), told us that they each received calls from McCabe admonishing them for leaks contained in the October 30 WSJ article about the CF Investigation. At no time did McCabe disclose to either of them that McCabe had authorized Special Counsel to disclose information about the CF Investigation to the WSJ reporter.

According to NY-ADIC’s contemporaneous October 30 calendar notes and testimony to the OIG, McCabe called NY-ADIC on Sunday, October 30, at 5:11 p.m., to express concerns over leaks from the FBI’s New York Field Office in the October 30 WSJ article. NY-ADIC told the OIG that McCabe was “ticked about leaks” in the article on the CF Investigation, but NY-ADIC “pushed back” a little to note that New York agents were not privy to some of the information in the article. Also according to NY-ADIC’s calendar notes, as well as his testimony to the OIG, NY-ADIC spoke to EAD and other FBI managers after his call with McCabe to voice concerns “about getting yelled at about this stuff” when he was supposed to be dealing with EAD on Clinton Foundation issues because of his understanding that McCabe had recused himself from the matter.

W-ADIC told the OIG that he received a call from McCabe regarding the October 30 WSJ article and that McCabe admonished him regarding leaks in the article. According to W-ADIC, McCabe told him to “get his house in order.”

Mr. McCabe...is your house in order? I guess we know the answer to that.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
McCabe vs Comey - From a footnote

In a letter submitted by McCabe’s counsel after reviewing a draft of this report, McCabe argues that “the OIG should credit Mr. McCabe’s account over Director Comey’s” and complains that the report “paints Director Comey as a white knight carefully guarding FBI information, while overlooking that Mr. McCabe’s account is more credible for at least three key reasons. . . .” The first reason cited by McCabe as to why he should be believed over Comey is because he claims to have a “concrete recollection” of the conversation between the two of them on October 31, while he argues Comey does not.

It is noteworthy that McCabe did not articulate such a “concrete recollection” during any of four prior interviews...

In his submission, McCabe presented no evidence to corroborate his version of events. Instead, McCabe focuses entirely on attacking the credibility of Comey’s recollection. We found his “concrete recollection” argument without merit. The second reason cited by McCabe as to why he should be believed over Comey is because Comey was distracted at the time because of his need on October 31 to deal with the Weiner laptop and Clinton E-mail Investigation issues...

Finally, McCabe argues that Comey “would have every incentive to distance himself from this disclosure” due to McCabe’s belief that the OIG is reviewing Comey’s disclosure of other information to the media. However, McCabe provides no factual basis for this claim and fails to address the corroborating circumstances described in the report that support Comey’s recollection. In the absence of any evidence supporting McCabe’s claim, we do not credit it.

Pretty sure McCabe will have much more to say about "Queasy" Jim Comey in court.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like the big shoe has dropped on these people.
I'll admit there is a certain feeling of vindication
in seeing them all turn on each other like rats
fleeing a sinking ship.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😀😁😂😃

Hoping he tries to throw others under the bus
on his way down. This rot needs to be dug out.

Time for all of these crooks to pay up!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

We all know that these pieces of garbage have done even way worse than this lack of candor stuff, and we'd better see ALL of it spelled out and we'd better see each one of them prosecuted.

McCabe, piece of crap Comey, Mueller, Strzok, OBAMA, that bitch Hillary, ALL of them.

They had better not try to pacify us with "Yes, McCabe said he didn't authorize a leak but he really did- bad McCabe, that's lack of candor, bad boy!" We'd better see every damn thing that each of these people did and each thing had better have an indictment attached to it.

These assholes have been undermining America itself and they've been getting away with it.

There better be A LOT more coming out.

edit on 13-4-2018 by KansasGirl because: Changed "creatures" to "assholes" because I didn't want to insult actual creatures

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Daily Mail

I think I hear the hammer cocking to strike the bell...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I got out of jury duty because I wrote on the questionnaire I had no desire to participate because the whole damn justice system is corrupt!

Ok- that is fantastic. New internet crush now.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Ok- that is fantastic. New internet crush now.

You made me smile!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: xuenchen

😀😁😂😃

Hoping he tries to throw others under the bus
on his way down. This rot needs to be dug out.

Time for all of these crooks to pay up!

Every single one, for every single deed.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Tip of the iceberg!

Hey Seeker.... You should serve! We need good jurors in the system. We are the preservative. Salt of the Earth

I count it as a privilege and honor to serve as a juror. Especially since I get paid by my company!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
These guys trashed whatever was left of any FBI/DOJ integrity. This is only the first shaky jinga piece in the tower of corrupted power.

I hope all good agents everywhere demand the most serious prosecution of these crimes and the multitude of other crimes that are being unveiled so as to bring back some integrity and trust to the FBI.

More from the OIG Report:

Likewise, FBI-GC told us that the problem with the disclosure was that “to put it bluntly, it throws DOJ under the bus,” while accomplishing very little in terms of countering the narrative that the FBI was politically motivated. In FBI-GC’s view, disclosure of this single conversation amounted to “a lower level effort to influence the narrative when the narrative is at a much higher level and going at a trajectory that it was not possible to change through something like this.”

The FBI senior executives we interviewed suspected that this disclosure was an unauthorized leak because it disclosed a high-level conversation that appeared to serve McCabe at the expense of making DOJ look bad. As McCabe’s own Chief of Staff stated:

I just can't imagine that the Deputy would have authorized the leak.
It just doesn't seem to serve, I mean, I guess it serves, it serves the purpose of the Deputy by saying, hey look, do you want us to shut this thing down? I guess it serves Andy in that way, but it really, it really highlights a dysfunction between the FBI and the, and DOJ. And to that end, it doesn't really serve the greater good.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Daily Mail

Disgusting! Truly, truly gag-worthy. These people really did think they were going to get away with all of it, didn't they? How in the hell could disgusting piece of trash Comey actually say something so self-righteous, in public, knowing what he and his fellow criminals had done and were doing? The only answer that makes sense is that they thought they would not be found out.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Tip of the iceberg!

Hey Seeker.... You should serve! We need good jurors in the system. We are the preservative. Salt of the Earth

I count it as a privilege and honor to serve as a juror. Especially since I get paid by my company!

That's one way to look at it and I hear ya, but my problem is how lawyers hide evidence as well as the cops. I am just not comfortable being party to locking someone up for years when I have such distrustin such a corrupt system.

For those who want to serve jury duty? Go for it. But I served in the military and that's enough for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Daily Mail

Disgusting! Truly, truly gag-worthy. These people really did think they were going to get away with all of it, didn't they? How in the hell could disgusting piece of trash Comey actually say something so self-righteous, in public, knowing what he and his fellow criminals had done and were doing? The only answer that makes sense is that they thought they would not be found out.

The sad thing is that so far under Jeff Sessions as the AG? Other than losing their jobs they DID GET AWAY WITH IT! Hell I think Comey raked in over 2 million for his trash novel.

When are some of these traitors going to prison?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Tip of the iceberg!

That's one way to look at it and I hear ya, but my problem is how lawyers hide evidence as well as the cops. I am just not comfortable being party to locking someone up for years when I have such distrustin such a corrupt system.

For those who want to serve jury duty? Go for it. But I served in the military and that's enough for me.

I kind of regret not serving in the military, but we were real scared back then. Viet Nam almost got me. The draft was abolished just before I got out of high school. I have never registered , to this day. There was like a 3 year window of people like me. My dad (91) still makes use of his benefits

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join