It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia claims UK 'staged' Syria gas attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Russia claims to have "proof" Britain was behind the alleged chemical attack

Russian defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said the military had "proof that testifies to the direct participation of Britain in the organising of this provocation in eastern Ghouta".

He said the UK told the White Helmets, the first responders in rebel-held areas, to fake the suspected chemical attack in Douma.

London put "powerful pressure" on the civil defence organisation, he said.

He claimed the attack was staged on 7 April to coincide with military action by Syrian government forces after the rebel group Jaish al Islam, which long controlled eastern Ghouta, carried out shelling of Damascus from 3-6 April.

Russia claims UK 'staged' Syria gas attack

It seems Russia has supposed evidence that the UK was behind the gas attack that happened in Syria. A pretty open eneded thing to say after nerve agent attack in the UK. Let's see where this goes. Maybe Russia won't show evidence it says it has as the UK, like for like?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

and they are denying the nerve agent poisoning of that double spy and his daughter (which happened in the UK and is being blamed on Russia)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We're discussing the subject here, if you want to join us.

It's getting pretty tense with all these accusations everyday, I wonder what's gonna happen with the big liar of this whole story...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the Kremlin likes sowing seeds of confusion and conspiracy to make themselves appear innocent in all this, and to cause chaos and mistrust amongst Nato and other allies.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, they made similar claims when it came to the downing of MH17. In that case their "proof" was laughable and easily debunked. They were just trying to muddy the waters.

Is that what's happening here? I couldn't say but they certainly have a history of trying to cover things up when their allies do something dumb.
edit on 4/13/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm on the fence with regard to the latest gas attack and as I've detailed in other posts, there's no path forward for US involvement in Syria.

That said, the Putin regime has zero credibility and a well known recent history of faking evidence (and getting caught doing it).

2014 - Russian pictures of MH17 being shot by Ukrainian jet 'fake'
2015 - Satellite images show clearly that Russia faked its MH17 report
2017 - Russia uses video game pictures to claim US helped Isil

Then there was this wtf from Putin himself:

Video That Putin Shows Oliver Stone of Russians Fighting ISIS is Totally Fake

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

That's one way to see it.

The other is, NATO and its allies wants to take control of Syria and Russia is in its way.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I think the Kremlin likes sowing seeds of confusion and conspiracy to make themselves appear innocent in all this, and to cause chaos and mistrust amongst Nato and other allies.

Yeah look at the Russian embassy twitter account

Russia have won the internet war already, they have pushed out mad conspiracy theories and claimed the MSM is fake news so well even flag waving patriot Americans support Putin

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
just remember dessert storm...!
we believed everyting they said..... and it were not the russians who told us hihi

a reply to: Whereismypassword

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
just remember dessert storm...!
we believed everyting they said..... and it were not the russians who told us hihi

Dessert Storm, the most delicious storm.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
keep thinking on the movie "the good the bad and the ugly "
america Russia and the uk.
UK is the same as an james bond movie
with M (ay) in the leading role now
UK played an key role in Irak (with ***proofs****
all weird and clumsey attackes on former russian spy"s happend there
guess the NATO researche lab for chemical warfare near Salisbury has an keyrole played

but I keep the option open that Mr Putin has an very low IQ and is as stupid as an backend of an pig as the west let it looks like....
and really there is no option left that Russia can speak ever the truth as we want to hear it..

perhaps as Mr Putin hands over the key to Moscow to the NATO ( and the forth reigh) than they are the best in the world

edit on 13-4-2018 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm on the fence with regard to the latest gas attack and as I've detailed in other posts, there's no path forward for US involvement in Syria.

That said, the Putin regime has zero credibility and a well known recent history of faking evidence (and getting caught doing it).

2014 - Russian pictures of MH17 being shot by Ukrainian jet 'fake'
2015 - Satellite images show clearly that Russia faked its MH17 report
2017 - Russia uses video game pictures to claim US helped Isil

Then there was this wtf from Putin himself:

Video That Putin Shows Oliver Stone of Russians Fighting ISIS is Totally Fake

I find it so weird that the Kremlin has been proven to be a fraudster, and has been shown to fake evidence to back up outrageous claims which you have kindly linked to in this thread, yet people till claim Putin is so innocent in all this??

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think that there is a good possibility that someone ordered this to be done from Europe. I do not know who did it, possibly someone in the UK, but it could have come out of other countries also. I am not convinced that Assad did this yet. I will wait till the inspectors there evaluate the evidence at the scene and would be interested in seeing what evidence Russia has to present. But what the hell, what I think from evaluating the evidence presented is not worth anything anyway. There are some people up high who want a war and we are powerless to do anything to stop it.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think the UK and states are behind it as well...if it indeed happened
They all want war
edit on 13-4-2018 by Rumrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

But...most of MSM is propaganda. Who's propaganda is the only question. Yes, Russia is also spreading propaganda just as we are over there and around the world. I would not want to be living in Russia under Putin, thankfully I live here where we have more rights of freedom of speech. It does not mean I believe everything I am told though, we have freedom of belief here too.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wont be fighting this battle for the political leaders. They can kill me if they want, but im not going to take up arms for their stupid war games.

Id advise you all to stay out of their war too. Nationalism shouldn't replace moralism.
edit on 13-4-2018 by Luuke123 because: added words

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Two inspections teams will be the Syrian town testing the chemical "signatures" Saturday. It won't take long for their findings to be relayed to (?). At any rate, if its not Assad or Russia behind it, what does President Trump do?

I think he's grounded solidly enough to not give-in and drop bombs, simply because war-mongers want him to.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Well I personally don’t believe either side

Let’s not forget wmds in Iraq, gulf of Tonkin, and the laundary list of lies from the us deep state.

So my default would be not to drop bombs until people see proof

But as we know the establishment has long said nice decided we need to go to war in Syria, so proof he damned

Oh well, at least all of the neoconservatives and peace loving Democrats that now suck the teat of the deep state will get the bloodbath they want

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

But...most of MSM is propaganda. Who's propaganda is the only question. Yes, Russia is also spreading propaganda just as we are over there and around the world. I would not want to be living in Russia under Putin, thankfully I live here where we have more rights of freedom of speech. It does not mean I believe everything I am told though, we have freedom of belief here too.

Most of the MSM is not propaganda, it may be biased towards state or party policy at times but on whole it’s balanced

The MSM takes in good faith the Intel governments give them, but when found out it’s a lie like the gulf war 2 WMDs they will freely express their views

The MSM all over the planet reported and filmed all the anti war marches before our Middle East meat grinder started churning

People who rage about Fox or CNN being propaganda should just watch another program, they cater for their audience and are biased

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There was no reason for Assad to use chemical weapons while Douma was surrounded with overwhelming military force. Assad knew full well that doing so would be the one and only reason the west could get further involved in the war. Also, Assad, as a true statesman, would never use chemical weapons on the citizens of Syria.

The western proxies have lost and what happens in a proxy war where one proxy loses is the puppet masters reveal themselves to finish the job their puppets couldn't. The Islamic radicals we funded with billions of dollars (along with Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar) are defeated, the only faction that had something to gain from the use of chemical weapons is the west and its allies.

To view the video from the Russian MoD you can see it here:
www.almasdarnews.com...

This other video was taken within the city of Douma, does this look like an oppressed people that are afraid of Assad and the SAA gassing them?

twitter.com...

Many people posting in this thread have not followed this conflict from day one. In order to understand what has happened you need to do research. This conflict has had every major power lay its mark on it and cannot be understood from the reports from the mainstream media. Seeing people on this website buying the Russian scare tactics in the media shows that even people who believe themselves to be open-minded to government corruption and conspiracy are still easily swayed. You must do your research, this conflict cannot be understood otherwise.
edit on 13-4-2018 by Tenbatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join