It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never found faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My whole life ihave tried to find faith in religion. Ive gone down the following paths

Judaism
Christianity
Islam
Buddhism
Hinduism
Paganism (kemitism. Ancient egyptian deities)

I never converted to any of them as my offical religion.

Many know i have an unknown heart condition that at age 36 has left me on the transplant list. After fighting for 5 months for my life in icu and recovery. During this time i died multuple times.....

So what is this thread about? I want to find religion but i can...i cant find or believe in any of it....but as i get close to either death or transplant i eant to find a god, goddess, gods, goddessess. Im scard to die without a religion? Is that weird?

The only thing i do believe is in nature, and how we have disconnected from the planet. I also have a sense that animals are much more than we give them credit for.

But nothing whuch will save my soul and memories after death. How does one, with no faith...find it??

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

You don't need religion but you do need salvation and that comes with faith in Jesus . all the bells and whistles of religion are there if you choose to partake of them but they are not necessary for the most important part which is your salvation .

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ask with true intent and desire, repeatedly. You will get validation in time, though you must accept it whatever form it comes in.

The spirit resides in a secret garden. If everyone knew the way, it would become trampled and spoiled.

In illness, too, is where I found a glimpse. Humble yourself and cultivate a true desire, this is the key.

edit on 13-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I say, believe that Christ Jesus died for your sins, and you will have eternal life, but maybe you should ask God for yourself, what you should believe.

Religion is not necessarily the same as faith.

link   

You don't need Jesus or any religion. Don't listen to this other guy. Jesus existence and messages have never been confirmed, and the evidence is circumstantial at best.

All you need is to make peace with your position in the grand tapestry of life and the universe.

Accept that you are but one thread of the whole, and that your existence mattered to others and impacted others futures.

Look deep within your own mind, and come to peace with all the things that have affected you negatively, forgive yourself, accept yourself.

If there is An afterlife, at least you will know yourself and be able to recognise yourself in whatever form you take.

link   

Have you been a cruel person throughout your life or have you generally been respectful of people and nature?

You don't need faith to be a good person, and a benevolent God doesn't need you to believe in anything other than your own inner power and the power of love and respect of balance with all things.

And if God isn't benevolent and demands faith in order to enter his kingdom? Nah I'm good thanks, I'll take another round trip on Planet Earth.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Also, what this guy said....sounds way better than my comment, but we both mean the same thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ask the one true God to reveal himself, whoever It is, just ask

I am a Christian because all is asked of me is to love others, no expectations other than that
If you are after some magical feelings, it's about believing in spite of no magic feelings, it's a tough road.
Anybody selling a better life on earth is lying, the promise is for the future

God doesn't demand faith, He asks for it
Religion is a lie people use to trap you
Search with an honest heart

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.". John 3:16

That is the only requirement, faith.

Faith and belief are such simple things, yet complex at the same time.

A child's understanding is all that is needed, nothing fancy or extravagant.

You can always talk to God, out loud or silently in your mind.

I'm not much for organized religion, but I do have my faith and beliefs and they have never let me down.

I have faith you will find your answers. Peace and Grace upon you as you search.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You are never said, outside the AKJV Bible, to find faith in any religion. Your faith is in God and through his son.

Don't seek which religion but seek Jesus Christ, Almighty God in the flesh. Just simply pray to him and get yourself a Authorized King James Bible and ask God to show you the truth found in it. Start your reading with John. The Old Testament and Revelation are not the best places to start when seeking Jesus. Then read the books Paul wrote to the seven churches Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians. All those books are written specifically for those in this age, known as the church age. Reread those again and again for 3 months. Then you can expand you reading to genesis through Malachi and Read the other three Gospels then the General Epistles to Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, Peter and the letters of John, and Jude. Then lastly the book of Revelation.

Remember it is not faith in a religion you need to seek but faith in a person known as Jesus Christ, who is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

edit on 13-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I don't know.
I feel exactly the same. It's not that I don't believe in anything. I CAN'T believe in anything.
I've tried, but it all seems faintly ridiculous, and nothing touches my heart.

edit on 13-4-2018 by Mandy555 because: Meant to reply, not quote

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You will most certainly become a believer as you get closer to old age...most have have strayed from religion feel the need to find religion as they find themselves losing friends and loved ones all around them. Religion is is there to help cope with the idea of death and to help give life purpose. I grew up religious but have strayed and I consider myself agnostic.

What is the point of all this madness? We suffer to learn some lesson, are we that important?

Yet there are many that say animals have no souls even a dog who is as loyal and loving as your neighbor..religions change as time goes on in order to survive and stay relevant. I wonder what Christianity will look like in 200 years??

Like it or not we are animals/organisms like everything else, we just happen to be on top and are able to tell what ever story helps us sleep at night. Over 3,000 religions out there and everyone that subscribes to one believes their religion is the true religion...

We crave guidance and acceptance as a species...religion provides both

edit on 13-4-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Religion is man made - a set of rules. A personal relationship with Jesus is all anyone needs. Ask Him to reveal Himself. He loves you and has his arms open wide ready to embrace you in all His love and perfect peace. You already are loved. He is just waiting for you to say you want Him in your life. It is that easy my friend. I am praying for you. He will answer.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You are GOD. Have no fear, you really need nothing. It wouldn't hurt to ask Jesus to come into your life, if you haven't already. You are Loved, you are Love.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe a particular religion isn’t what you need. Maybe what you need is to transcend religion. Transcend the borders between religions.. gain a panoramic perspective that rises above ephemeral social mechanisms and the lines on a map.

edit on 882Friday000000America/ChicagoApr000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join