It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian airfield comes under missile attack, according to state media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

A military airport in Syria has come under missile attack, the country's state media has reported - days after the government of Bashar Assad was accused of launching a chemical weapons attack that left 40 dead.
Syrian TV said loud explosions could be heard from the Tiyas military airfield located close to the city of Homs. It said its air defences had been activated in response to the attack, for which there was no immediate independent confirmation.
The reported attack on the airfield, also known as T4, was said to have happened in the early hours of Monday.

Syrian airfield comes under missile attack, according to state media

Syrian airbases attacked but US says we didn't launch. Have been seeing unconfirmed reports on the net that it possibly could have been Israel that launched the attack. No matter who is launching it seems this has escalated right after talk of the US pulling out of Syria.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Also,

thehill.com...

"President Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron agreed to a joint response to the alleged chemical weapons attack in the rebel-controlled Damascus suburb of Douma, the White House said on Sunday.

During a phone call on Sunday, the two leaders agreed to share information about the nature of the attacks and agreed to coordinate a “strong, joint response."

"Non-Intervention"

How many levels of chess would that be if true?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Could it have been NATO? That’s my first guess.. less culpability for each at-fault nation that way

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-4-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Did a search still didn't see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If it was NATO I think it would be have come out, that's a joint operation then more people to talk.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

S&F... It happens

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The following link-via the Ukraine- says they intercepted communication between Wagner and a high ranking Russian general prior to Wagner attacking U.S. forces.

If true, and there's no shortage of 'ifs' in this, then my finger points to Putin or at least a faction in Russia. Who knows?

P.S. Sorry, I was referring to the chemical attack, not this action.

www.unian.info... tml

edit on 8-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

There's a youtube video of the two speaking both before and during the U.S. retaliation.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Here's the Youtube video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

At this point I still can't see any new info regarding who launched the attack. It's surprising that no country or group has confirmed they did it. Seems odd and leaves open the possibility of anyone at this stage.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So far everything has been a gross exaggeration ....
A very valuable lesson to some on the subject of not believing half of what you read or hear.

edit on 4/8/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was probably russia that did this to...so that they can blame the west.....

It is the only narrative that we have not used yet....

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah just like the slow Nazis did in Libya.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com
Another article stating 8 cruise missiles intercepted and dozens possibly injured or dead at the air base. Still no mention of who launched the missiles.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
WTF even if the chem attack happened here it'd take 2 years to investigate it, but it happened over there and they're ready to strike the next day?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Who would have cruise missiles capable of doing this?

There are probably two or three options.... My bet is that the US did this.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The faster they move the faster the story progresses and people just get hazy on what happened or not and what caused what. Enough time and changes and you can convince most people a major war started because some dictator was gassing thousands and had stockpiles of deadly weapons ready to unleash on everyone and everything.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Man, this is shaping up to be quite the epic proxy war.

I was thinking N Korea was going to be next, but it looks like Russia and the US are dead serious about the importance of this strategic location.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

if it was the US they wouldn't deny it though, why would that suddenly change?

i'm betting it's either israel or saudi arabia.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I don't think so. The US wold have owned up and given themselves high-fives on camera for the attack because they had a responsibility to act.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join