It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Off-Topic" Topics Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to the greatest and most important thread ever created.

1. I took off my winter tires a few days ago only to wake up to a blizzard this morning. I had to drive like a granny to work (no offense to the grannies). Note to self: Check the weekly forecast next time. Did I mention it's about 2 weeks into spring? Where is some of that good ol' global warming when you need it.. and now as I'm writing this, it's starting to become really nice and sunny out. Typical Canada..

Why are you so bi-polar Mother Nature?

2. I wore my very expensive diamond earrings for the first time in a very long time (for reasons that will remained undisclosed because embarrassment and shame doesn't look good on me), only to forget that I was even wearing them right before I hopped into the shower.. and my overly-aggressive and clumsy self watched in slow-mo as it bounced around the tub right before it did a triple axel right down the drain.. I almost saved it.. almost.. 10/10

"it's only material.. it's only material..." *cries*

3. So.. to combat the depression, I went and bought a $5 dollar scratch ticket in hopes that I would win Cash For Life, but instead I ended up winning... $20!! Which is basically hitting the jackpot by my standards.. maybe there are better days ahead..

Woo-hoo?

4. Despite the somewhat facetious and pessimistic tone of this thread, I'm actually in a pretty good mood (thanks partly due to this thread) and wanted to share my eventful day with the fine people of ATS whom I so dearly.. people on a message board so I can vent and hide behind my avatar in anonymity. Hehehe..

So.. how was your day?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sorry to laugh .. ya positive and I like that about ya haha

I’m off to sleep now .. 😊 remember that it always gets better 😊 nite nite knowledge xx

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is a special kind of thread - one with substance, truth, raw facts and situations without hyperbole and exaggeration. S & F and congrats on your winnings - keep on keeping on KnowledgeHunter and thanks, believe it or not your message has made my day better and was something I needed to hear

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You DO have to tell us now, why you haven't worn the diamond earrings in so long. What POSSIBLE reason could cause shame and embarrassment? I cant imagine why not wearing earrings could possibly be embarassing, so you MUST tell the story now.

And, how did they come off so easily?? I haven't worn earrings in years (because I was in the Navy, and when in uniform the type of earrings you may wear is severely limited and I didn't luke the type of earrings you COULD wear, so I stopped wearing them. Now one of the holes is closed over). But when I did wear earrings, they certainly wouldn't come out in the shower. What in the world?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nighty-night NF xoxo.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thank you for the kinds words brother, have a blessed weekend! (and hopefully one not as eventful as mine, unless of course it's a positive one)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

There is no particular reason why I haven't been wearing them. The embarrassing part isn't why I wasn't wearing them, but rather why I decided to wear them again. Lets just say I have plans to meet with some very special people this weekend, and being the diva that I am, I wanted to make sure I looked my absolute best, so I decided to throw myself a little fashion show and try on a bunch of different outfits. And of course I had to turn back the times and pull out the earrings. The embarrassing part was how much I was feeling myself with them on again -- so much that I decided to leave them on for good and continue on with my day. It wasn't too long after that I took a shower, and the rest is history.

I was basically washing my face and cleaning my ears, maybe a little too aggressively, lol. I felt them right away but it was too late, I somehow swiped them off.. I knew it was trouble so I dropped down to my knees and tried to cover the drain as quickly as possible.. but yeah.

Silly, I know. It didn't even last a day.

edit on 6-4-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I hope you are a woman, I do know guys that wear one earing, but none wear two.

I never could understand people's desire to hang metal and rocks on their bodies. Putting holes in perfectly good ears does not sound wise, I know some girls with shredded ears from earings getting torn out.

I am trying to be honest, not rude. I guess with people, often being honest is considered rude.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Unfortunately, I am a man.

My apologies, I kept saying earrings when it was actually just an earring. I do know plenty of men with 2 earrings though, nothing wrong with that. I pierced my ears at a young age and the hole is still there, so why not. I also bought the earring at a time in my life when I valued material things and thought the value of an item would add some value to my life. But those days are gone, hence it being stashed away for many many years. But now, it's gone for good..

Oh, the days.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A pretty gal, a little plump, but still doable, told me I stink at Wal Mart.
I just looked her in the eyes and said "Duh."
I suspect the guy that just walked by crop-dusted us with a fart.
That or she ripped a stinker and was trying to pass the buck.
edit on 7-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
This may be a little messed up but before I leave the office or a meeting somewhere I unleashed my saved up flatulent in the room. I also do this in waiting rooms and next to children.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I had a really thrown off in the head uncle when I was a kid.
Alcoholic Klan dude.
I saw him guzzle a bloody Mary for breakfast.
Puke it back in his mug.
And continue drinking it.
Some images you never forget.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
BWAHAHAHA that is the funniest thing I have read today. Thank you sir

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Nighty-night NF xoxo.

Morning pal .. hope your ok this morning ? 😊 I’ve added you as a friend on here .. hope that’s cool with ya ? 😊

new topics

top topics

join