It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the tax cuts passed, the markets are down overall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The market is only one indicator of the overall health of the economy. Besides.... you have to look at a longer timeframe that 3 months to get a realistic picture of the growth. I'm not worried. I'm keeping my money (some of it anyway) in the market. Unemployment rates are down, and consumer confidence is high. It take time and momentum to get a freight train rolling. give it time ....

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd like to know if there's a correlation between the fall of the market and the President's statement that trade wars are good , as I understand it business like tax cuts but doesn't like trade wars.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Are you making an insane assertion that higher taxes = higher stock market?

Holee crap

It does get worse.

IQ national averages are decreasing by the hour and no longer the day.

The stuff coming from people anymore totally biased unfiltered and totally uninformed.

Taxes do not == prosperity

Freedom and a level playing field == competition

Competition == prosperity
edit on 4-4-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TreetopControl

Democrats: We are delighted by the 2018 downward trend, because it hurts the working-class.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

markets are about confidence in various things and how successful businesses are not things like tax cuts or increases, it's more complex than that and anyone that tells you they know how it actually works is just a fool that's probably not very successful.
laws related to taxes or business rarely have negative effects unless it's more restrictive. tax cuts = more money to spend investing but more money doesn't mean more success in an investment or an entire market, the opposite is also true.
it could be war, fear of war, failed businesses, foreign meddling, social media, rumors, scandals, etc, it could be anything really.

look at the world and see what is going on that involves america, people need to stop being distracted by mentions of trump and look around.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
the tax cuts have an expiration date...... and the old tax system will return

the trade war beginnings are part of the plan to unbalance the China plot to destabilize the USA's world dominance in several economic & domestic spheres (related to the Mexico led immigrant 'convoys' that are set to invade the USA from the SW & Asians from Canada regions)

the Trump regime is causing many to re-evaluate their current situations, hence the stock market is trying to find the new & realistic balance & worth of stocks that are bloated beyond reason by years of Fed/Bank manipulations or lack-of-oversight and under-the-table market buy-ins with money-out-of-thin-air payment by the 'front' of investors operating as individuals but who really are Plunge-Protection-Team & covert 'off-balance-sheet' personnel of the TBTF banks & Federal Reserve (Masters of the Universe)

on the 5th of April begins the flood of immigrants thru AZ-CAL & Texas...Trump has already dispatched US Military to the Borders to try to thwart the waves of immigrants/terrorists/MS13/IS-ISIL/drug Cartels meant to start the intervention of the UN Peacekeepers into the usa by the agreements signed by Obama as he was leaving the WH.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The tax cuts ain't got jacksnip to do with the market being down.

What's going on with China is a big part of it, and the market was due for a correction anyway.

Nice try.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Are you making an insane assertion that higher taxes = higher stock market?

Uh... No. I never made that statement once in the thread.

Holee crap

It does get worse.

IQ national averages are decreasing by the hour and no longer the day.

The stuff coming from people anymore totally biased unfiltered and totally uninformed.

I know right? People will just knee jerk make idiotic posts without reading or comprehending the words they've read.

Taxes do not == prosperity

Taxes == a well funded government.

edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The tax cuts ain't got jacksnip to do with the market being down.

What's going on with China is a big part of it, and the market was due for a correction anyway.

Nice try.

here's an
to you Neo

... my anticipated tax cut... has allowed me the freedom to spend the money required to buy 10 more shares of an electric Utility stock Account--> I have had for a number of years...

...Which results in an added $13.40 in Dividends per yr. compounded along with any Stock Price appreciation

I know that a Utility is a timid move and a move called a Flight Towards Safety as the television market pundits say
but, the DOW/S&P/RUSSEL all may be down but thats' my Buying OpportunitY

edit on th30152286370404412018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Maybe that's what you do, but that's not what corporations interested in profits do. Seriously lol, who does that besides lazy individuals with no shareholders to appease? If I was shareholder and profitsbstyed the same despite tax cuts I'd think I invested in a lazy organization.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

All my tax clients hate that they will be owing less and getting more in refunds. Said none of them ever. Only a few will end up paying more or what that did this year, the vast majority will save.

My Democratic leaning clients are furious that it's due to Trump. It sticks in their throat.

But none have volunteered to give their portion of the cut back to their masters, I'm surprised by that.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
And this has what to do with my thread?

"People like more money! News at 11!"

Furthermore, I remember during the Obama years that it was the height of irresponsibility of liberal voters to vote themselves more money. Here, Republicans do the same and none of you even blink. They even do it with deficit spending, just like liberals, and nothing.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

About as much as the Cuts have to do with Stock Market Fluctuations.

No rational Stock Analyst is attributing the market drops to the tax cuts. Trade imbalances are a bitch to correct without turmoil. That's what we get for ignoring the problem for decades.

edit on 4-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I would say it's way to early to judge the effectiveness of the tax cuts.

nah....82% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%.......while billions in subsidies that went to help the poor, are cut, and the middle class?....a couple of bucks a week....why is this so hard for people to understand???????....trump and the wealthy republicans cut THEIR OWN TAXES!!!....they don't give a S**T about you!........listen...have you heard ONE PEEP about all of those big bonuses and all the increases in workers pay???.....retail sales should be going crazy with all of those bonuses and wages for the millions of people.....

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Since my last birthday the market Is down dramatically, I think people are just upset that I’m another year older.
edit on 4-4-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I'm not attributing the losses to them either. I'm pointing out that Trump's 4% growth he promised isn't materializing.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You don't see a difference between being given more of another's earnings to support a tax hike on others versus a tax revision which lets every earner keep more of their own earnings?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Since my last birthday the market Is down dramatically, I think people are just upset that I’m another year older.

This actually makes more sense at this point

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
From what I've seen its obviously Trumps little trade war, which appears to be having a negative effect on the US economy.

It just makes no sense to me why Trump decided to go down that path... He seemed to be flying high, when it came to economy, but now it appears his just shot himself in the foot, for no good reason...

I mean, I'm no economist, but it really makes no sense to me... The US isn't even in the top 5 of Iron ore or aluminium producers in the world anyway and even if they where, it wouldn't be as profitable to the US economy as the actual companies who produce steel & aluminium products.

US companies who employ hundreds of thousands of people all over the US and rely on cheap imports from China to remain competitive.

I'm sorry... But as far as I can tell, Trumps really put his foot in it this time... he should have stuck to his silly little tweets and let the adults worry about the economy.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the markets were at first enthusiastic with a pro business leader and tax cuts, now the market is scared sh**less this bozo is going to destroy our economy with trade wars and rumors of wars.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join