It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prestigious US university hosting "Christian privilege" seminar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Actually, the sorts of miserable people who create these things would prefer those places because don't judge them! How dare you judge them!

Of course, I'm not judging them and I'm not telling them not to go live their lives out in those places, but they persist in thinking that because I live by a set of standards that tells me not to live as they do because it's not the right way to be, I am judging them.

No one compels them to live like that. They chose it. I am not telling them how to live. I am only choosing for myself.

It seems to me they've uncomfortable with how they live if they know others don't choose to be that way along with them for spiritual reasons, and it really cracks me up when so many say they don't believe in any of it but get upset when they find out why I choose not to live as they do. And it's even funnier when they don't seem to understand that I am perfectly happy and at peace not living as they are while they can only seem to get angrier about it all.
edit on 4-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

The prestigious George Washington University in the US capital is hosting a seminar on ‘Christian privilege.’
it will explore how Christians have an “easier” life than non-Christians in the US and benefit from “unmerited perks from institutions and systems all across our country.”
Source

This leftist PC privilege-blaming nonsense needs to stop.

Two things...
First, it is the role of an academic seminar to have discussions on topics. Kinda like y'all are doing here right now (and where does it appear to be slagging Christianity?)
Secondly, why would any patriotic American mine a Russian propaganda site to find 'are you still beating your wife?'-styled headlines that are designed to make Conservatives' heads explode?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

This crap will continue until ALL genuine Christians are dead / murdered. Then God will remove all His protection from this planet, thus the 7 Year Tribulation will begin. God has no reason to protect evil people and demons.

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15: 51-52

We won"t all be killed and this occurs at the mid point of the 7 years.

Also God doesn't just remove his protection he pours out his wrath.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

What?!?!

A) EVERY nation’s dominate religion would have an easier time in a nation primarily of that religion..

B) so you are saying no Bible thumper would ever hire a Christian over a non Christian?!?!

C) I don’t even see how this is controversial...

If you go to the ME , you will have an easier time if your a Muslim..

If you go to India you will have an easier time if your Buddhist...

You are making the point that Christians do not give other Christians jobs and/or extra privileges.. which they absolutely do..

I’m not saying some hard core atheist might not do the same..

Just that it’s laughable to pretend like it doesn’t happen..

D) LMAO.... the vast majority of people who has ever done ANY looking into the history behind Christianity . Stop being Christians...

E) Christianity invented anti-semitism..

Where do you think the Muslims got it from???? Lol..

That said. Your average modern day Christian isn’t anti-Semitic, but that is after 1950 years of being the most anti Semitic group..

If not for the holocaust Christians would still be anti-Semitic.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think the "christian priviledge" has been for the most part wiped out from a good part of the nation. ya, there is still a few strong holds where some might remain. I would also suggest that the fact that it no longer exists strongly is one of the reasons why we are inaudated by the cries from the religious right about wars on christmas, wars on christians, ect. they want their priviledge back.
now, if the discussion addresses the issue in that limelight, then I don't see what is wrong with it. but we are a secular nation, ruled by secular laws and that is what our founders intended. as more and more of the population has become more secularly inclined, the more our laws and gov't has reflected that change. this will probably continue unless there is a great christian revival in this nations, which is unlikely. as long as the christians are still allowed to practice their faith (while others to practice their own and not impede in their rights and liberties) there is no war on christians!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

There are posters on this very website who have clearly stated they would never vote for a non-Christian. Christian privilege is undeniable, yet the OP wants to censor talks of it occurring for some reason (despite him claiming to not be religious).

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Funny how many Christians point fingers at Jihad . When as you just pointed out. They have their own holy war predicted. Where jesus leads all the believers in battle against the non-believers..

Where do you think Muslims got the idea lol??

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We should simply ban "assault Christians".

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course..

All religion does is play on humanities tribal nature..

I heard a psychologist say that “conservatives tend to think tribally, while liberals think globally”. I think that kinda says it all.

To survive in the past we had to be tribal.. conservatism = traditions >change.

To survive into the future we have to start thinking globally...

Progressive = change > tradition.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Wow what b.s. I am a Christian, haven't been the best one ,but the point being we don't have it any worse or better than others. I've spent the last six years in and out of the hospital for multiple sicknesses and injuries, and I gotta say I'm not seeing any of that privilege. I do thank God for being alive but yeah there is no privilege and we do try to help others even if it's just an everyday favor or encouragement.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I heard a psychologist say that “conservatives tend to think tribally, while liberals think globally”. I think that kinda says it all.

I'd stop short of agreeing with this blanket statement. There are plenty of liberals out there who act tribal in nature. Just because religion may not hold sway over them doesn't mean they've dropped their instincts as human beings. Also, I know many conservatives pretend this isn't true (and this bit wasn't directed at you), but something like 70% of liberals are Christians too. And even among the percentage that aren't, most are still religious. Atheists only make up like 10% of liberals (if that).

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That’s crazy...

And I am not only pointing to Christianity, as it works the same with any fundamentalist.

If an atheist fundamentalist is hiring people. He is probably gonna lean twards atheists..

Its the same with a Muslim fundamentalist or Buddhist, exc..

It’s a bad thing because you are not choosing the best person for the job, but it definitely is not Christian specifically..
edit on 4-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I don't think it's legal to ask one's religious preference at an interview anymore than it's legal to ask about things like medical history.

At least, I live in an area of the country that's considered fairly religious, on the end of the Bible belt, and I have never, ever been asked about it at any interview I've ever attended, nor have I made my views plain. The only place where I've ever had that kind of discussion was the private school interview we attended, and as it was a Christian one and we knew going in, I sort of expected it.
edit on 4-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
Wow what b.s. I am a Christian, haven't been the best one ,but the point being we don't have it any worse or better than others. I've spent the last six years in and out of the hospital for multiple sicknesses and injuries, and I gotta say I'm not seeing any of that privilege. I do thank God for being alive but yeah there is no privilege and we do try to help others even if it's just an everyday favor or encouragement.

Look at it this way. God wants you alive for a major reason and the demons know this. This is why they are trying desperately to make your life so crappy that you top yourself - similar to all the crap the predictable devil threw at Job in the Bible.

@OP. The churches that are doing exceedingly well are probably the most corrupt, hence the devil gladly keeps giving them money via his mortal followers that enter those mega churches.

The Christians that have lost everything are the lucky ones. Soon they will have no reason to take the Mark of the Beast as they have no money or materials to hold onto.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
christianity is a privileged identity in the US. that's just a fact. it's an inconvenient fact for that small minority of christians who like to pretend they and their lifestyle are under attack, but fortunately the majority of christians are loving, peaceful people who are all right with other points of view in life.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15: 51-52

We won"t all be killed and this occurs at the mid point of the 7 years.

Also God doesn't just remove his protection he pours out his wrath.

Then His followers are going to have to be changed dramatically, because when those 5G GWEN towers go live, every creature is going to be dead with cancer soon after. The seek to kill drone bots will be a problem as well.

Then if we are visible, immune to the harmful radiation and do not have to eat/drink then the Antichrist minions will be hunting us down in seconds, out of shear jealously.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Attending wont be free and that is the whole idea. So much of this is a for-profit business scheme. Make up a privilige, write a book on it, make up seminar materials and audio visual aids and hit the circuit and demand colleges have courses on it and VOILA, a new curriculum and your on your way to wealth and riches.

Just be sure to pick a privilege that the Leftist Cultural Marxists hate the group that supposedly enjoys the privilege.

Use your imagination, go forth and prosper.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

You have some vaild points there for sure.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Christians are tribal?

Galatians: 3:28

27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm sure a topic like this is going to ruffle some feathers, as modern Christianity has a major persecution complex and to say they are/have been the "privileged" ones kind of throws a wrench in that works.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join