It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico - Good NAFTA deal or more illegals!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To my fellow Americans, we're being OFFICIALLY threatened by Mexico now. Who says this isn't war?

VIA Rueters

Mexico could pull back on cooperation in migration and security matters if the United States walks away from talks to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Mexican economy minister said in a newspaper report published on Thursday.

Ildefonso Guajardo, who will take part in the first round of NAFTA talks with U.S. and Canadian officials in Washington on Wednesday, told the Reforma daily that new tariffs on Mexican exports to the United States were unacceptable.

"If they do not treat [us] well commercially, they should not expect us to treat them well by containing the migration that comes from other regions of the world and crosses Mexico," Guajardo said. "Or they should not expect to be treated well in collaboration with security issues in the region."

Who thinks it's time to blow this NAFTA deal to smithereens? An Amy Of Thieves is marching to our border right now, with frigging demands!

We citizens need to hold our elected leaders accountable, and that mostly includes DT!

edit on 2-4-2018 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

it's time to blow this NAFTA deal to smithereens

it's too late they've already wrecked the country...I think Ross Perot called them NAFholes..

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Odd that we have that "caravan" of illegals headed this way, through Mexico.

Our liberal friends on ATS will call this a "coincidence"

A wall would be nice about right now, TYVM.

Edited to add, a wall of USMC with a fire at will order would work in a pinch....
edit on 2-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Mexico is our 2nd largest trade partner for exports and our 3rd largest trade partner for imports. That means that out of every other country on the planet, only 1 other country buys more American goods & services than Mexico (Canada) and we only buy more goods & services from 2 other countries (China and Canada). The numbers are so big that Mexican consumers, businesses, and organizations spend almost as much money on American goods and services as the entire European Union combined (HERE).

Getting rid of NAFTA would harm our exporters tremendously. And any type of war against Mexico would be disastrous for us economically, but particularly a trade war. You should probably take a look at the things we actually import from Mexico before going any further (here's a link to get you started).

I thought you guys were supposed to be pro-business? Or at least good at business? Launching trade wars with your biggest trade partners is just stupid.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Mexico is our 2nd largest trade partner for exports and our 3rd largest trade partner for imports. That means that out of every other country on the planet, only 1 other country buys more American goods & services than Mexico (Canada) and we only buy more goods & services from 2 other countries (China and Canada). The numbers are so big that Mexican consumers, businesses, and organizations spend almost as much money on American goods and services as the entire European Union combined (HERE).

Getting rid of NAFTA would harm our exporters tremendously. And any type of war against Mexico would be disastrous for us economically, but particularly a trade war. You should probably take a look at the things we actually import from Mexico before going any further (here's a link to get you started).

I thought you guys were supposed to be pro-business? Or at least good at business? Launching trade wars with your biggest trade partners is just stupid.

I would think that someone with a good business sense would make a trade deal that is better than the utter disaster that is NAFTA.

We subsidize the Canadian lumber industry, for instance. Crippling our own lumber industry. Now I know that's awesome to the tree-hugging part of the US population, but it has cost us a lot of jobs and a ton of money.

Mexico is also our largest importer of illegal drugs, so there is a few more sides to that argument then just legal trade.

NAFTA needs scrapped and better trade agreements made.

Period.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I agree but to try to do BOTH of these things at once with the China Trade war is a mistake

Conservative libertarian here.

So youre telling me not only are we going to go into a trade war with tariffs on China.

Were also going to shake up the NAFTA deal with Mexico.

I agree that the deals we are getting arent the greatest, but we need to leave trade alone with Mexico and just work on the border control

We get screwed by Mexico along with the Tariffs and the US is NOT going to like the aftermath

Trump is trying to fight a war on too many fronts, that usually results in being over run.
edit on 3-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: Lumenari

I agree but to try to do BOTH of these things at once with the China Trade war is a mistake

Conservative libertarian here.

So youre telling me not only are we going to go into a trade war with tariffs on China.

Were also going to shake up the NAFTA deal with Mexico.

I agree that the deals we are getting arent the greatest, but we need to leave trade alone with Mexico and just work on the border control

We get screwed by Mexico along with the Tariffs and the US is NOT going to like the aftermath

Trump is trying to fight a war on too many fronts, that usually results in being over run.

I disagree. Take the economic run we have going, get everything else shaken out as soon as possible. There is a clock ticking for us, and it is the Fed's interest rate hike. This all needs done now.

Politically I am in the same basic wheelhouse as you.

However, we need to stop picking at the band-aids. Rip them puppies off and get things settled.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I would give you more flags and stars if I could, since this is a MAJOR issue that our fellows on ATS seem to be ignoring.

I hope that more chime in and give their thoughts on the subject. Thank you for catching it and drawing attention to the problem.

Edited to add, my home has been in the pacific northwest for the last decade or so, but I have been popping in and out of this area since the 90's because my family ended up here. I have watched the lumber industry gutted by NAFTA, family members put out of work, smaller towns devastated by it. I lived in a small town once thats economy was driven by two sawmills. After NAFTA, there was a sign in the middle of the town that said "Last logger out, please turn off the lights."

I don't think that most of America knew how bad NAFA hurt a lot of citizens.

edit on 3-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

twitter.com...

So, apparently something has been worked out?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is essentially a declaration of war.

They are saying capitulate or we will invade.

Time to put marines on the border.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is going to get ugly QUICK.

That "caravan" is going to gain A LOT of people along the way and we may see a massive attempt to force their way in.

My conspiracy sense is tingling hard! On the one hand, you have this story with the Mexican government flat out extorting the US, (not saying the US is free of guilt concerning extortion of other countries at all, mind you) then we have this sudden, massive migration of "refugees" skipping Mexico and all points in between, hell bent on getting into the US.

"THE SWAMP" is, and always has been, the major alphabet agencies gone rogue. Who is funding their progression in getting here? That's a long walk my friends! Why are they not being stopped at the Mexican border???

Doesn't really matter what this story presents because to me, Mexico is allowing this! Some agency that probably starts with a "C" is orchestrating it, and it's meant to kick off something big.

Gotta follow the money here. Who gains with or without NAFTA? A bunch of people show up to our border and demand asylum while skipping an entire country? That reaks of "You owe us" or a clandestine, organised march to push a policy or illicit a certain reaction.

I'm definitely curious to see how this pans out. It ain't gunna be pretty regardless.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Part of the reason the President is pulling the plug on Syria, maybe?

Hmmm.

Logistically, Mexico is a better choice.

No wall? Fine we'll absorb you.

Oh man, it's getting hot around here.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You could also make the argument that Mexico needs us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

And they would be wise to take whatever we offer and be happy about it. And afterwards I want a hand written letter from Mexico's president (in English) saying "Please Sir, may I have another"
edit on 3-4-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Made me remember that movie with Cheech Marin, Born in East L. A.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Lets say we cave to mexicos demand. What guarantee do we have that they will stick to their end once the papers are signed? That's right, none. It's time to bring this invasion to an end and make it a priority getting the wall built sooner rather then later.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Made me think of the movie day after tomorrow with Dennis Quaid, when they wanted to stop Americans from crossing the border to Mexico for some reason..

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Mexico will totally collapse by doing this.

They have no leverage.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
We need to scrap NAFTA. Any new agreement with Mexico should require Mexico to do more to prevent it's people or people passing through Mexico to break our immigration laws. Mexico is uses buses to transport illegals from Central America to the US border. That shouldn't be tolerated at all by our government.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join