It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history in February as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime.

Fifteen people were murdered in the capital, against 14 in New York. Both cities have almost exactly the same population.

London murders for March are also likely to exceed or equal New York’s. By late last night there had been 22 killings in the capital, according to the Metropolitan police, against 21 in the US city.

Eight Londoners were murdered between March 14 and March 20 alone and the total number of London murders, even excluding victims of terrorism, has risen by 38% since 2014.

click link for remainder of article...

It is also looking like London will beat NYC in murders for the month of March as well.

So, strict gun control... I guess strict knife control is up next?

Other sources -
2017 - London now more dangerous than New York City, crime stats suggest

Second source with no pay wall -

London murder rate overtakes New York for first time ever after spate of fatal stabbings and shootings

While New York City's murder rate has gone down - decreasing by around 87 per cent since the 1990's - the Big Smoke’s has simultaneously surged. London's has increased by nearly 40 per cent in the space of three years alone - not including deaths caused by terrorist attacks.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Haven't you seen the "I've been knife free" advertisements?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

And on top of that, there are all the acid throwing attacks - there was around FIVE HUNDRED of those in 2017.

Acid throwing attacks.
What the hell is going in in Britain?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Haven't you seen the "I've been knife free" advertisements?

I live in the US so I have not seen their ads for knives. I just know they have had problems with knives and people from that neck of the woods on this site try to ignore those stats.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Multiculturalism...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

London is a # hole nowt like the rest of the UK.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I think it's the food causing everyone to loose their collective shizz.

And it's about damn time.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Secondary source with no pay wall.

London murder rate overtakes New York for first time ever after spate of fatal stabbings and shootings

While New York City's murder rate has gone down - decreasing by around 87 per cent since the 1990's - the Big Smoke’s has simultaneously surged. London's has increased by nearly 40 per cent in the space of three years alone - not including deaths caused by terrorist attacks.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Agreed, you couldn't pay me to live there. Tragic so many young lives are being lost though, back in my day it was fist fighting and not stamping on heads when the guy went to the floor, gosh that makes me feel old.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
And on top of that, there are all the acid throwing attacks - there was around FIVE HUNDRED of those in 2017.

Acid throwing attacks.
What the hell is going in in Britain?

Gun control.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Not everywhere in the UK is like London. I live in one of the more densely populated cities and I don't see the same problems at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm reluctantly agreeing with you. I can hop on a train and be stood outside the the Tower of London within 45 mins maybe less. I last visited London probably about 3 years ago that's how much I want to visit the place. it is indeed a crap hole.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It is the latest "fashion" with the kids. These are all kids being gangsters, just like Chicago, only with knives instead of guns. They boast with their guns, knives and bottles of fine whiskys and spirits; they are crazy!

They call the music "Drill Music" that they make and it is very bleak, living life as if no tomorrow. It is steroid enhancing romanticism and glamourization of the gangster young sexy guy gonna die tomorrow TuPac #. The council estate kids have took this to total cartoon extremes. I'll prove it with a video from Chicago and a video from London:

It is a well extreme fashion of gang behavior. It is very sad and as bleak and pointless as the music, but they get off on making it dangerous to live for each other. It is as if they like living off the adrenalin rather than the emptiness of what life has become for the young in so many Western inner cities.

It is like deliberately making everything dangerous for kicks. What more to say? Don't we all do that sometimes? Even little Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison liked to walk the tightrope between life and death to get off on it for the excitement, the stimulation and the art.

I called my latest track I made "Drill Dub". I have been picking up on their vibes and feeling their desperation, putting it into my own art and heart.

Yes, in London nearly all these young murders are the kids knifing each other in gangster revenge and justice, copied from the streets of Little Italy, Chicago prohibition era, gangster movies, rap and places all those years back; just a new tragic comic version.

It's like life became too safe and they are "dangering" it up. They are very naughty, but the young always are. It just looks like such a waste to us when we get older and see the sense; making life more interesting in the ghettos because it is a nihilistic uncared for void as it stands. I know because I came from it.

Look, this is how street politics happen when the authorities don't care about you any more. Really tragic and very UGLY BUGGLY BUGSY BALOGNEY! These murders are over drugs, money, turf and girlfriends. It is the poitics of the concrete jungle, born out of poverty and lack of social care and provision. They make their own hierarchies, opportunities and worst of all, JUSTICE.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Just said exactly the same thing in another thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

you are not making any sense with this thread

ny has strict gun laws too

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

It is the latest "fashion" with the kids. These are all kids being gangsters, just like Chicago, only with knives instead of guns. They boast with their guns, knives and bottles of fine whiskys and spirits; they are crazy!

They call the music "Drill Music" that they make and it is very bleak, living life as if no tomorrow. It is steroid enhancing romanticism and glamourization of the gangster young sexy guy gonna die tomorrow TuPac #. The council estate kids have took this to total cartoon extremes. I'll prove it with a video from Chicago and a video from London:

It is a well extreme fashion of gang behavior. It is very sad and as bleak and pointless as the music, but they get off on making it dangerous to live for each other. It is as if they like living off the adrenalin rather than the emptiness of what life has become for the young in so many Western inner cities.

It is like deliberately making everything dangerous for kicks. What more to say? Don't we all do that sometimes? Even little Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison liked to walk the tightrope between life and death to get off on it for the excitement, the stimulation and the art.

I called my latest track I made "Drill Dub". I have been picking up on their vibes and feeling their desperation, putting it into my own art.

Yes, in London nearly all these young murders are the kids knifing each other in gangster revenge and justice, copied from the streets of Little Italy, Chicago prohibition era, gangster movies, rap and places all those years back; just a new tragic comic version.

It's like life became too safe and they are "dangering" it up. They are very naughty, but the young always are. It just looks like such a waste to us when we get older and see the sense; making life more interesting in the ghettos because it is a nihilistic uncared for void as it stands. I know because I came from it.

perhaps if they knew the definition of the word they would not be so quick to rap things up...

wrap
rap/Submit
verb
cover or enclose in paper or soft material.
arrange paper or soft material around
a loose outer garment or piece of material.
informal
the end of a session of filming or recording.
edit on 1-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history

So every other month in history New York was higher? That's definitive proof that having guns does NOT make you safer.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history

So every other month in history New York was higher? That's definitive proof that having guns does NOT make you safer.

Lol oh man you guys are funny..

Mark my words if this keeps up the people of the UK will be demanding guns so they can protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I ran a pub in Whitechapel for a few years I did enjoy it because it was a nurses Pub
;D but for one they do not do chips and gravy there and as we all know Ooooo Northern Boys love chips and gravy.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oi our food can be amazing now excuse me as I tuck into my Faggots and onion gravy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join