It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration to ban bump stocks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/23/trump-administration-bans-bump-stocks-all-devices-that-turn-legal-weapons-into-machine-guns.html]Link[ /url]

Moments before he departed Joint Base Andrews for his Florida property at Mar-a-Lago, and hours after signing a $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, the president tweeted about the new policy.

“Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns,” he wrote on Friday.

So...Obama was stronger on the 2nd than Trump at this point?
edit on 24-3-2018 by links234 because: link broke

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wasnt that Hillary's OP immediately following the Vegas shooting?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Just a FIY for those of us who don't know what a bump stock is

Personal opinion...I have no clue whatsoever what this could be used for outside of a warzone
And Vegas

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Straight to the "B-but Hillary..." deflection?

Any comment on the topic at hand?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It was also mine - but neither of us made it to the oval office, so who cares?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I understand this is a move to placate the anti gun advocates and to try to save lives, but unless he's going to ban fingers, belt loops and sticks, this is just wishful thinking..

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
What you're saying is the only real solution would be to ban all semi-auto weapons outright and any lesser remedies are just token offerings that'll make no real difference at all?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would love to live in a society where assault weapons didn't exist. But with all the hubbub about taking these kind of "war zone" like weapons away from the individual, one has to wonder if the police forces across the country and the many domestic based agencies will demilitarize as well. Something tells me they won't. Why is no one speaking out about that? Especially with the number of coldblooded executions that have been performed by these police departments in recent years. Oh, that's right - because the media did their duty to muddy that discussion and turn it on it's ear by making it all about race and Colin Kaepernick kneeling during a song.

It always amazes me just how bad the citizenry gets played. And the ones unknowingly doing the dirty work are informed and intelligent people. They just know too much of what isn't so. I hear people always speaking ill of the not so bright among us, but think about it - if you're going to brainwash a society to think and act a certain way you're not going to target the idiots. That wouldn't get you very far at all. It is literally how cults work. Most people that end up in dangerous cults are very intelligent people, both intellectually and emotionally. And that is what the psychopath will prey on.
edit on 24-3-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I would love to live in a society where assault weapons didn't exist.

You dislike freedom and have a misunderstanding about guns. Got it. Do you understand how they classify 'assault' weapons?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
a reply to: DAVID64
What you're saying is the only real solution would be to ban all semi-auto weapons outright and any lesser remedies are just token offerings that'll make no real difference at all?

As soon as we ban :
cell phones [ 11 teens A DAY die while texting and driving but nobody wants to talk about that do they?
"BUT, BUT.. GUNS!!!" ]
cigarettes [ 480,000 deaths and while we're at it, let's talk about all the teens who dip or chew ]
alcohol [ 88,000 deaths a year directly related to alcoholism - over 10,000 to drunk drivers ] ]

I mean we're talking about saving lives and that's a massive amount of people dying, so which of those would you like to start with?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We don't need bumpstocks. I have fired an automatic weapon a long time ago and it did not impress me. It pulled up and to one side as it was firing, I would rather shoot something I could aim and shoot singly. The only thing that an automatic gun does is kill everything in an area indiscriminately as it peppers the area with bullets. I would rather just shoot one or two bullets and hit something than empty a gun in a few seconds

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Personal opinion...I have no clue whatsoever what this could be used for outside of a warzone
And Vegas

Wouldn't it be much better if you had to fight a Govt that had moved to fascism and tyranny...and those in the military that decided to do their bidding?
I don't think the military should be able to own guns that civilians can not.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

While we're at it, why not ban murder!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

taking these kind of "war zone" like weapons away from the individual, one has to wonder if the police forces across the country and the many domestic based agencies will demilitarize as well. Something tells me they won't. Why is no one speaking out about that?

Excellent point.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It has long been impossible for us citizens to take on the government using civilian weapons.

We can not beat tanks and missiles no mater how many assault riffles we have.

That being said I am a lover of freedom and think giving the government power to take things away from us is the wrong move.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I swing the other way.

Murder should be legal.

Law of the land, if you feel I need to die then try it.
But it should be legal for me to kill you in my defense.

But hey I'm an anarchist at heart.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And Vegas

That's why all the propaganda against bump stocks is being pushed, so that when our hypocritical officials take away the ability for civilians to defend themselves "effectively", government will take less casualties when they make war against the population of the country. And they will. And when they do this it won't matter what party anyone belongs to.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

And Vegas

That's why all the propaganda against bump stocks is being pushed, so that when our hypocritical officials take away the ability for civilians to defend themselves "effectively", government will take less casualties when they make war against the population of the country. And they will. And when they do this it won't matter what party anyone belongs to.

The government is not going to make war against the people of this country. There are must easier, less-bloodier ways to make people fall in line.

We see how easy it is from people on this very site.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They are already making war against civilians in this country. By making felons out of law abiding citizens with ridiculous laws that criminals will ignore. Yeah I see how easy it is from people on this very site that there are already many casualties.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

And Vegas

The government is not going to make war against the people of this country. There are must easier, less-bloodier ways to make people fall in line.

You don't know that.
It took just a few short years for Germany to go from a vibrant economy and population to being ruled by Nazi's.
You can never be complacent with people who seek power over others.
In the early days of Nazi's the SA would have been far less effective staring down the barrel of an AR-15 of the time.
America's armed population is precisely why are the least likely country in the world to fall to a dictatorship.
edit on 24/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join