It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dissolution of individuality in society. Why compulsory public education is social engineering.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Yes and because of this new thing to be terrified of kids are all now unquestioning of their government. Right??!?!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The problem is right now education has become nothing more than indoctrination centers today. Go ask the guy who got assaulted by Antifa in Evergreen.

Lol. No.

This is not even a left/right wing issue. Even many Leftists (Mainly the anti TPTB types) are alarmed by the the radicalization of the Liberal establishment.

Bull#. A few anecdotes of liberals behaving badly (mostly in liberal hotbed areas) isn't indicative of the entire educational system.

One of the dumbest causes I've seen conservatives hang their hat on is their assault on public schools and higher learning. Such a stupid and short sighted cause.

Really? You've seen the comparison to education levels of U.S. vs Foreign students. Plenty of evidence out there assuming one is interested in improving what comes out of that system. I'd say, not being concerned would 'stupid and short sighted'.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
In order for the elite to bring about their one world government they need to disarm us, condition us and destroy existing culture and values. It is all working as intended.

We know its coming too.
Great grandpa is 91. He is a genius scientist.
He knew over 60 years ago.
Its scriptural.

Once it happens, everyone will say Peace, Peace! Then the unthinkable happens
What happens appears to cause the people of Earth to be inflicted with boils and lessions

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

That is interesting and while I can't find the story, I don't think that's a rumor, I think its an actual fact at least as far as some of the Silicon Valley elites are concerned. They seem attracted to an entirely different method of education particularly of the pre-K through middle school age group. I postulate from what I've gathered that they're all up interested in organic creativity and believe technological "skill" sets will be easily mastered, but at an early age, focus on technology stifles imagination.

The next step for the Silicon valley elites and certainly for their children can be read about at:
www.theatlantic.com...

This is all about how the better informed "elites" become "Citizens of the world" with no real ties to nation states like the US.

From the article:

Hannah Arendt called citizenship “the right to have rights.” Like any other right, it can be bestowed and withheld by those in power, but in its newer forms it can also be bought, traded, and rewritten. Virtual citizenship is a commodity that can be acquired through the purchase of real estate or financial investments, subscribed to via an online service, or assembled by peer-to-peer digital networks. And as these options become available, they’re also used, like so many technologies, to exclude those who don’t fit in.

The trade in citizenship itself often manifests locally as architecture. From luxury apartments in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean to data centers in Europe and refugee settlements in the Middle East, a scattered geography of buildings brings a different reality into focus: one in which political decisions and national laws transform physical space into virtual territory.

This presents several distinct advantages for the people sufficiently informed to take advantage of virtual citizenship. For one thing, it means these people aren't hostage to the fortunes or misfortunes of the typical "Nation State". They offshore their wealth and invest globally. They are the rapidly developing "helicopter" caste.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What's your point here? We aren't number one in math and science scores that means we need to abandon education altogether or something? I'm not really following what you are trying to prove.

Are you talking about higher education? Because we happen to have one of the world's best higher education systems and export college degrees to people all over the world. It's one of our lesser known major exports.

Now I'm CERTAINLY concerned about improving our system as it is FAR from perfect, but I'm not going to attribute stupid and unfounded conspiracies that "THEY" (DUN DUN DUN!) want to limit our youth's education opportunities. I see Conservative pundits and propagandists doing a better job of that by attacking education and higher education with their anti-liberal rhetoric than any conspiracy they wax on and on about could do.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Ah my friend. We were like you once. Many of us didn't believe SJWs would act like that at first and think its all conservative propaganda. However, its not until we were called racist and white supremacists (even though we were only telling them to not pull fire alarms and plus many of us are working class minorities who oppose systemic racism and police brutality because we feel its effects), disrupt classes, and when they block freeways, is when we finally understand the problems with the SJWs.

And many of us don't like Fox 11, Infowars and think they are nutcases.

Also, a lot of us are not fans of Republicans.

However, we don't like it when we are being forced to think a certain way by the liberal elites and when we got screwed over by them.

Now I don't know about where you live, but here in California, its a very big problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If you want to live in a society, then you kind of have to follow the rules. While public education is compulsory, there's no way to make somebody learn anything. And if a kid wants to drop out of school, if their parents don't push it, then nobody is going to round them up and make them sit in a classroom. They can be as "individual" as they want.

I see lots of these individuals around. Sleeping under freeway bridges. Begging on the off-ramps. Digging through the garbage for cans. Good for them, I guess?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

My god, virtual citizenship. From the article even theresa may is actually speaking words of wisdom. Wow.

Here is one article on the tech free schools:

www.nytimes.com...

There are other articles through businessinsider, but I don't have a subscription.

The school name or method is Waldorf schooling. It looks really interesting.

And another link of tech free schooling:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ah my friend. We were like you once. Many of us didn't believe SJWs would act like that at first and think its all conservative propaganda. However, its not until we were called racist and white supremacists (even though we were only telling them to not pull fire alarms and plus many of us are working class minorities who oppose systemic racism and police brutality because we feel its effects), disrupt classes, and when they block freeways, is when we finally understand the problems with the SJWs.

*eyeroll* I weep for you... (not really) I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, perhaps you should go find a safe space and get over it?

I wonder how many of these evil bogeyman SJW's have personally inconvenienced you in your day to day life for any period of time? I'm guessing you've never been inconvenienced by one and are just piggybacking on injustice you imagined other people are experiencing at these people's hands reported by conservative media.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Oh, trying to ruin this conversation with partisan politics again? This travesty knows no political affiliation.

Oh well, I guess this is much more comforting.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Oh, trying to ruin this conversation with partisan politics again? This travesty knows no political affiliation.

Lol. No partisan affiliation?!?! HAHAHA! That's a laugh. I don't see serious liberals waxing on about the merits of homeschooling or that the public education system is trying to indoctrinate the youth against the populace and other boneheaded conspiracies. It's ALWAYS conservatives or independents with conservative leanings.

When I see liberals talking about the problems with public education its usually within the framework of identifying its problems and trying to figure out solutions for the problems. Not pretend like it is a tool of extremist liberals to push agendas so it should be completely dismantled. BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

And you never considered these liberals are not complaining because the system is setup exactly the way they want and it has their full approval?

So you are fully supportive of indoctrination versus critical thought? Just the mere mention of teaching impressionable children both sides of an issue scares you?

That says a lot. That also resonates with my impressions as well. Those supporting the current system is also a great indicator of what type of system it is.

You wouldn't perhaps be a teacher in this system would you?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Actually this is all from personal experiences, Krazyshot.

And yes I have been called a white supremacist even though I was a minority and I was only telling them not to be disruptive and yes I had my classes disrupted by them.

And who says anything about Conservative media? A lot of us don't even watch the likes of Ann Coulter and other Conservatives and actually hated them.

Let me tell you another thing: I don't like Trump and I think he is a fool.

It is you that need to open your eyes buddy.

Perhaps if you come to California, you'll finally understand the effects of far left indoctrination toward the students.
edit on 3/23/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So I guess I need to clarify, because I see the direction you're choosing to take with these statements.

Just because it is being taught, doesn't mean it is working in all cases.

Likewise, just because it isn't working in all cases, doesn't mean that it's not being taught.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

The OP is clearly ABOUT partisan politics! You suggesting both the GoP and democrats both want the same propaganda taught? Think a little.
edit on 23-3-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

My 'point' is a rebuttal to your comment. I, in fact, hold parental indifference as the worst culprit to educational short comings.

I cannot begin to list all the things I find offensive about our 'current' educational system. ( Nor am I interested in listing or debating those points with you.)

I would seriously consider introducing a privatized system that would at least match or even exceed the public one in scope. Closer to the British system which generally is on par or exceeds the U.S. version.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And you never considered these liberals are not complaining because the system is setup exactly the way they want and it has their full approval?

I've certainly considered it. I HAVE been on ATS since 2012 after all. I just don't believe it is true. Public Education has been in this country for over 100 years and teenagers are as anti-authority as ever. In fact, they are probably more so today than in the past. So clearly this conspiracy, if it were true, is failing royally.

So you are fully supportive of indoctrination versus critical thought? Just the mere mention of teaching impressionable children both sides of an issue scares you?

This is a false dichotomy.

You wouldn't perhaps be a teacher in this system would you?

I am US Army veteran who used my GI Bill to go to college and get a degree in Computer Science and then used that degree to become a Network Administrator. I have GREAT respect for our country's education system because I got a lot out of it and it made me the person I am today. Because of it I AM a critical thinker and have a good career path. I even went to a very liberal state college in Maryland and STILL didn't get exposed to your bogeyman fears.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would say the problem is not the teachers as much as the knee jerk legislation that has occurred at various times that force the teachers to put other things in front of writing, reading and Arithmetic.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Actually this is all from personal experiences, Krazyshot.

It's even WORSE when you take personal anecdotes and apply them to the entire system. Where is YOUR critical thinking to dispel such naive thinking?

And yes I have been called a white supremacist even though I was a minority and I was only telling them not to be disruptive and yes I had my classes disrupted by them.

So what? We've all been called names before. That doesn't mean there is some concerted effort against you or something.

And who says anything about Conservative media? A lot of us don't even watch the likes of Ann Coulter and other Conservatives and actually hated them.

Maybe not, but you come to ATS and repeat conservative talking points here and it should go without saying that ATS' bias is HEAVY on the conservative slant. So either you are getting these talking points from other conservative sources or you are repeating them from your peers on this site. Regardless, they are conservative sources.

Let me tell you another thing: I don't like Trump and I think he is a fool.

Who said anything about Trump?

It is you that need to open your eyes buddy.

Perhaps if you come to California, you'll finally understand the effects of far left indoctrination toward the students.

Yeah the 6th largest economy in the world is TOTALLY ruining our youth... *eyeroll*

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well hop to it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join