It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon church catastrophe.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

And Christianity deviates from Judaism by those exact same criteria.

So doesn’t that make Christianity a Jewish cult???

Again, the only difference between a cult and a religion is time.

A cult has a recent enough beginning for those not drinking the koolaid to recognize how ridiculous it is.

A religion started long ago enough where no one can really say what happened.
edit on 22-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That’s funny I thought jesus said

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The Bible constantly contradicts itself, allowing for charlatans to paint ANY situation in ANY way they personally desire.

That’s why there is a “southern baptists church “ and a “baptist church “.

One said the Bible supported slavery (they were right..)

One said the Bible was anti-slavery . (They we’re wrong, but righter than the Bible was on the topic)..

It blows my mind the shear ego involved in believing that for 1900 years of your religions 2000 year history. All the Christians of the world had it wrong. Then that only this generation. LITERALLY the farthest generation from the actual source, got it right...

If aliens ever show up and hear a Christians account of reality, without the benefit of being raised to believe it. They laugh in the Christian’s face..

Assuming aliens laugh of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Last time I checked the OT was still included in the Christian Bible..

It is still quoted in every church on the planet..

Everyone still pretends the Ten Commandments count..

Reguardless, even if we take your personal veiwpoint..

Erasing all the rules and replacing them with “ you just gotta believe jesus was gods son and the savior of humanity and repent, but besides that you can do whatever you want.”

Is even dumber.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: liveandlearn

Why would your reply be unpopular? It's completely true - men are often defended, protected, etc, while the women are blamed, shamed, and victimized for being abused.

It is totally repulsive. I'm tired of religion being a reason for people justifying bad things.

Also tired of it for people doing good things, honestly - if you're only a good person because the threat of eternal hell is looming over your head, your really not a good person..

If you would still be a good person without that threat... You don't need religion for "moral guidance"

Yep.. Many just like that. I don't mind religion per se'.... But greatly dislike any "organized" religion.

And the Amish and Mennonites views and practices. My vacation cottage is in the Huron National Forest-Amish country... They have some odd religious practices/coverups I notice from time to time.

Not the same as J. W. 's... Or LDS... and more of a culture... they too have some of the same issues.. but deal with and "allow" them, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The Ten Commandments count for Christians,really?
I thought that was Mosaic covenant
Oh that's right, you think you know what you are talking about

My personal viewpoint is not the one you proclaim I believe

I asked you to think before replying, you didn't

I could say non Christians preaching Christianity at christians is dumb but you wouldn't understand

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

There is no consensus on what a cult is. It's a generic derogatory used to describe any group with a belief system you don't like.

So throwing "cult" around is a bit lazy. It's no more a cult than political parties are.

Anyway. The guy will be excommunicated, they're just not going to immediately string him up for people like you to jerk off to. What more can they do?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm curious what your goal is here?

It's a fact that men in the lds church have gotten away with abuse, and haven't been kicked out.
It's a fact that victims have been further emotionally abused by the church via shame, calls to repentance, etc.
It's a fact that byu previously punished students for "breaking the school code" when they were victims.

Who, or what, are you actually defending?

I never said that all lds members are sexual predators or victims, and never said that all crimes are gotten away with, when presented only to clergy and not law enforcement.

I am suggesting that it's the entire culture and societal norms of the church that foster an atmosphere where men, the authority/priesthood holders, can easily prey on others - and the response of the church is not healthy. People claiming to be victims are not commonly liars, the church takes very little effort into investigating claims of abuse, and often even punishes the victim further.

Rob porter's wife/ex wife even was saying that her bishop responded to reports of abuse with "consider his career" - if you'd take a minute and check out the protect lds children website, you'd see that clergy basically ignoring abuse cases, abusing another themselves, etc, is quite common and not dealt with harshly - it's barely recognized as a problem at all, which is why there's a March going on at the end of this month.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: slowisfast

And Christianity deviates from Judaism by those exact same criteria.

So doesn’t that make Christianity a Jewish cult???

Again, the only difference between a cult and a religion is time.

A cult has a recent enough beginning for those not drinking the koolaid to recognize how ridiculous it is.

A religion started long ago enough where no one can really say what happened.

No it doesn't, Christianity expands upon the old testament, and fulfills prophecy according to adherents.
Please identify the individual who deviates from orthodoxy to create this Jewish Cult, as you call it.

Oh, you said drinking the Kool aid. Well that's all I need to hear from you to know how you think. You can't even get through one post without dismissal and insult(regardless of the fact that you live in the west and the entirety of societal construction and law is based on the judeo Christian world-view.). Damn, be more sophosticated, man.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

OBVIOUSLY, the offender should be tarred and feathered.. but it is another thing completely to point the finger at the church as a whole.

Matthew 7:15-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
Matthew 7:15-20 New King James Version (NKJV) You Will Know Them by Their Fruits 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join