It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Politics of Checks and Balances.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was just reading an article over @ Guardian about ecology. 'Twas another jourrno preaching the depopulation of the earth as the answer to our environmental woes. My response to that is don't give them an inch because they will take a mile. In a sense Trump is my ally. I don't agree with his politics even slightly, but he keeps an even madder kind of politics that is far more control freak and dangerous far hence.

You know, without Putin, China and other competition in our world the Western OLIGARCHS would have nobody to keep them in check (yes, they are oligarchs; no difference as they have all powerful access to the "plot"itcians to MAKE them do their bidding when necessary as anyone who studies them knows. Why is the British billionaire not an oligarch yet his Russian comrade is? Yes, President Putin stops our lot from doing crazy control freak stuff. They could empty whole states and territories of people and force the masses into cities while they have millions of acres of rural and natural estates and justifyingit as being kind to their beloved earth, yet it is they who abuse it most. Billions of people in our world never fly in a jet, don't have a car and live on hardly any food without electricity and other utilities as it is. It is not they doing the damage and the polluting. Single occupant jet flying, super yacht owning billionaires are doing enough damage for them and more. They have the financial power, but not power enough in other ways to ever exact this kind of agenda of forcing us out of their desired New Edens.

You see, dudes and dudettes, if you do stuff like that you will need a military to guard your new found personal Eden. There will be other powers wanting to come and take it and if it is an empty unguarded place without protection then it's easy pickings for Putins. You would need to import what you need for your Eden, too. There are many obstacles to stop this from being actualized.

With this kind of reasoning in mind, I thank Putin for keeping our lot in check. Putin should thank our lot for keeping his lot in check. Nobody should thank Putin for keeping his lot in check the way he does, though. I hope he will refrain from this in the future as it is bad press. He should leave it to life to get his justice if he feels righteously betrayed.

I say thank goodness for checks and balances. Thank goodness for the competition. Long may it survive. A world without gangs would end up being the worst gang of all. It would be Nero's Hood without a doubt in the finish without CHECKS AND BALANCES.

Спасибо, товарищи

edit on 20-3-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You know, the only ruler I would trust to be in charge of a unified earth with humans playing god of something they did not create (yes, they are not the owners and any advance on authorship and control is playing where you shouldn't be playing and "impostering" at best) is CHRIST or a humanity that is as spiritually evolved. Would I trust a human who is not kept in check behaviourally?; I do not even trust myself.

Please, no talk of being one and "Imagine there's no countries" and all that. That would be the greatest disaster ever, for all of us. We shall have that when we are advanced enough to not raise an unchallenged power with no political bit in their mouth.

Keep the Caligula Complex in check, Caesar. Watchout for Tsars of any kind, too. Having a lot of cash and power does not mean you are a god. In fact, the contrary would be better suited as it is the devils who want more than their fellows in extremes and are ruthless enough to pursue that so relentlessly to the detriment of creation:

"Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steel a lot and they make you King (Bob Dylan "What's A Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Dump Like This")

edit on 20-3-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

you pretty much nailed the thread this time, but don't get to cocky...

edit on 20-3-2018 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I find your take interesting and has points I agree with.

Some contradictory/ignored points, as well. Totally agree that banishing 'nations' would mark the end of individual freedoms. Yet that's Trump's main purpose, the rehabilitation of the U.S..

That's his politics almost without variation. Literally.

So I'm not sure if you take that tack to appease the left or avoid the inevitable pro/anti-Trump talking points that subvert almost every thread that deals with world issues or you, in fact DO disagree with Trump's 'politics'.

I could live with a world gov't...IF...the human race was sane. It is not. Individual nations allow for the possibility for slightly less insane environments. Individual nations allow for different life-styles. Individual nations reflect the same mechanism as individual rights.

The Constitution, itself, reflects the checks and balances you refer to. (Even though it's been subverted into a mechanism of perpetual gridlock.) JMO, though.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So, you are willing to skip over a theocracy and jump straight into a deocracy headed by an imaginary being that allegedly has already tried to kill the entire human race? And somehow have found at least a few people to back you up on it?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Nero wasn't the evil monster you were taught to believe he was.
That sums up everything else you wrote too: wrong.
Putin is stopping someone from being corrupt, was my favourite.
Hilarious.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Nero wasn't the evil monster you were taught to believe he was.
That sums up everything else you wrote too: wrong.
Putin is stopping someone from being corrupt, was my favourite.
Hilarious.

I get he was implying that one corrupt dude was keeping the other corrupt dudes from fully taking over.

new topics

top topics

join