It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Had Access to Substance Allegedly Used to Poison Skripal (Novichok)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If you're looking for a theoretical angle, or motive, the Russians have been allegedly involved or indifferent to Syria's use of chemical weapons. Blaming the Russians for using a chemical weapon in an attack in the UK goes a long way toward showing they have a propensity to use chemical weapons.

Geopolitics... isolating and demonizing the enemy is always expedient.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think I have been very clear that I believe Russia are behind this however there is no harm in keeping a open mind thats all.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I posted this on another thread earlier.

The Nerve Agent used in this instance was produced in the former Soviet Republic of Uzbekistan. Sensitive material has been know to go " missing " from former Soviet Republics in the past. Uzbekistan has become a breeding ground for ISIS supporters. www.thesun.co.uk... I think you can see my drift here. It was in all probability Russia, but there is not 100% proof

Who knows.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not surprised the U.S. has access to the nerve agent that poisoned the Russian spy, but that proves nothing. In fact, I already assumed the U.S. had access. But Russia has access, too. And Russia has the motive and the evidence points to Russia.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
But Russia has access, too. And Russia has the motive and the evidence points to Russia.

Which just validates why it was such an ingenious action, by the US secret services...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The way we are dealing with this in the UK is embarrassing!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Duh....

But the US has no reason to poison him

I have seen several interviews with a former MI6 operative here in the UK. She repeatedly warned that it would be foolish to jump to the conclusion that Russia attempted to have this man killed, particualty in light of the fact they had him in custody, incarcerated him and then subsequently pardoned him and turned him over to us ten years ago. She went as far as to say that it would be prudent to examine what he has been doing in the intervening years and who he has been doing it with, if we wanted to establish a motive and a perpetrator.
It is not beyond the realms of possibility that this man has been working with other intelligence agencies in the meantime (including the US) and has since become more useful to them dead than alive.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I'm not surprised the U.S. has access to the nerve agent that poisoned the Russian spy, but that proves nothing. In fact, I already assumed the U.S. had access. But Russia has access, too. And Russia has the motive and the evidence points to Russia.

What motive? Why would Putin eliminate a double agent that has served his time in prison?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The way we are dealing with this in the UK is embarrassing!

I'm curious, how would you like to see this dealt with?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Is it coincidence the Russian embassy tweeted this picture

mobile.twitter.com... uk-foreign-office-russian-embassy-twitter-war-video-kremlin-aggression%2F

There are nearly 100 different vials there. Can’t see very well on mobile but looking at the labels there seems to be common skeleton to the molecule labelled with different variants. Been a few years since I’ve done any synthetic work but will have a look at this in more detail later.

Bob

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Can I just ask.....

Anyone else like having a few threads about something not connected to a certain American president.

Feels like old ATS....

If you think I was kidding...I wasn't.
A link to what I was mentioning in my last post..the link now I find it again is 7days old,
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

LINK

IMAGE: Samples from the Max A. Weaver dye library.

They appear to have borrowed that from NC State University as it's their image. I wonder if the Russian Embassy had permission to use it? Probably not.

Anyway -

Researchers from North Carolina State University have released the first chemical "map" of dyes from the Max A. Weaver Dye Library, which contains almost 100,000 samples of unique dyes and fabrics.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

ohhh to be clear I do not think you were joking I think that is a very serious and interesting line of inquiry.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I’m gonna have to figure this reverse image search out😀

Saved me a load of work there into some deadly colourings. It’s been a long ass day.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
looks like just a pic took from web it is in the 6th picture on the front page
Researchers Release First Chemical Map of Dyes from Historic Dye Library
getcleantech.com...

woops few reply's while i was searching delete this
edit on 14-3-2018 by SimonJ because: been posted already

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

A couple of points. One, mixing something up, is not making it deployable. Using binary compounds, puts another twist into deploying it. Temp. and Humidity weigh in on how effective some of this cr@#P is. There are a shelf full of Organo Phosphides, in a nuclear research center, which are still the only means to do transuranic, chemical separations. Most are not quite weaponized, but all of them are still extremely poisonous.

Micro encapsulated Parathion, was mis-used where I grew up. The Ag crop dusters kept putting it on some fields, and nothing happened. Finally in the middle of one night, everything aligned, both temps and humidity. Only a few gents walking home from taverns near the southern edge of our town, got whiff's of this cloud. Then they staggered home with the"blind staggers". Fortunately, no little school kids were out that late at night, when the bars closed at 01:00 AM. The next morning the radio had this on their morning news. I was riding in a sedan going to work up at Pullman, Wash., with some carpenters, and we looked back at a rather strange clinging cloud, off to the south of our town, as we crested the Lewiston Hill.

Later, this same micro-encapsulated Parathion, became the death warrant for most of the bee hives, scattered around the reaches of our County. The bees would gather it, from flowers, along with pollens, on sunny days, but then late on a cool evening, it would begin to de-gas, immediately killing their hives.

Did the U.S. weapons experts, ever learn how to deploy these newbie Russkie agents, in their old testing sites?? You can fatally poison someone with plain old Nicotine powder. I've rubbed a little of this on my fingers, but I'm still around. I didn't get enough to do me dirt, but it stained my digits yellow. It was sold as an insecticide, to be put on plants as a dry powdered spray, from a hand pump applicator.

IMHO, the really vicious part of using one of these binaries, is that you can contaminate some victim, at two different times, at two different places. Only when the second binary binds with the first, will the poison take the target out.

Please note how the Brits' are tenting different places where the ex Russian Spy, and his daughter, previously spent time at. But the policeman who came to their aid, did so after those binaries had combined, so there wasn't any reason to back track his movements before he was poisoned, in the Salisbury street.

And I bet that our guys collected some contaminated soil from the bad old USSR's, testing site in Uzbekistan, to boot. So we already had a handle on just how "PERSISTANT", these poisons are, once they've combined. At least that mis-applied, micro-encapsulated Parathion's gases, simply dispersed in the Morning breezes. This Salisbury binary poison is a deployable War Horse of a different color.

With this posting, you should be able to read, in between the lines of what the MSM spouts off. It's looking like the U.K. is going to deport many Russian Diplomats. And of course Putin will do the same, in return. So how will NATO back up Theresa May's retaliation?? Knowing a little more about what this binary poison really is, will I hope, help you to understand, what happens next, better.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I just use a browser add on that lets me use multiple reverse image searches at once.

People often illustrate things with images that are from stock images or borrowed "cough" from other sites. I learned while chasing my own images down being used by Russian sites illegally. The Russians are bad that way and many image sites track back to Russian companies and most of it is stolen.

Sorry, did not mean to go off topic here.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Duh....

But the US has no reason to poison him

I have seen several interviews with a former MI6 operative here in the UK.

Not MI6 but MI5. Her name is Annie Machon.

Annie Machon Wiki
edit on 14/3/2018 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That is even more convoluted..

And there are no assurances you would get your desired outcome.

If it were an anti-US AND Russian government activist , then it would make sense, but he wasn’t an anti US activist..
he was only a Russian leaker.

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, Russia does this stuff purposely to send a message.

They want the world to know they did it, but without publicly admitting to it so it doesn’t escalate to military actions.

They could have killed homie with a bullet from 1000 yards or blown up his car if they just wanted him dead. They SPECIFICALLY use a substance only a first world government can get SO EVERYONE KNOWS THEY DID IT.

So with the exception of Russia contracting out the “work” to the US. It just doesn’t make sense unless some unknown cause is behind it all.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

1,000%...

I’m always open to something being a more random or unconnected event from left field..

Where ever the logic takes you at any given
time though should take precedent.

So until some evidence counter to that comes out. They are the most likely culprits.

It is a weird thing..

Poisoning with plutonium or whatever EXTREMELY RARE substance.

Every can “know” Russia did it, but never really “know” enough to take military action..

An excellent warning to anyone thinking about swapping sides..

<< 1  2    4 >>

join