It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China legislators voted in favor to rid of term limits for presidency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Scary stuff.. not that it matters too much at this point.

I suspect presidents in China are chosen the same way they are in the United States - TPTB choose them and put them there. This makes it a whole lot easier for them now since once they have a loyal president, they can keep them there.

Its scary stuff because it shows you - the people are not in charge.

The people did not vote to amend their constitution to rid of term limits. What citizen in their right mind would want to rid of term limits?

Term limits are placed there to limit the power of governments.

What is equally scary is that Donald Trump said he thought it was a good idea and that we should try it here. He also believes in giving unlimited power to governments..

(Sheeple scratch their heads and wonder if this is bad or there should be any concern; actually Sheeple don't even give it a moment of thought. People around the world should be outraged. It goes to show the submissive state of things.)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This does not surprise me much considering the cultural history. China had been ruled for at least 2,000** years by emperors & empresses. I never really believed they'd go too far from those roots, and not for very many generations -- it's far too culturally ingrained.

It'll be interesting to see if this is them reverting back to old dynastic ways, or Maoist communism again. Either one is sort of a "living history" example in a way, it just depends on how beneficial for the people it ends up being.

Edit:** Actually, if you count kings & queens among emperors, dynasties stretch back to the Xia Dynasty, so for the most part, it's been The Way of China for about 4,000 years. I could be wrong, my Chinese history isn't too terrific.
edit on 3/11/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Interestingly, as it stands, theirs no 'term limit' in Australia either... A person could potentially be prime minister for life, as long as the majority of the people kept voting for them.

Can't say I have any real issue with it either, as long as theirs a legitimate electoral system in place... obviously.

If the majority of people desire a particular individual to be the leader of their country, then that's who should be the leader of their country... regardless of how long they've held that leadership position.

...imho.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The U.S. has been swinging back and forth from Dem to Rep forever. It puts us in a weak position when dealing with other states leaders that hold their power. It also keeps us in a constant swing back and forth with certain elements like Obama care that don’t even get a chance to settle in and become successful before they’re gutted.

I think should outlaw partiesall together, dial in the election process so that it’s not so overwhelming and hold a new election every two to three years while allowing presidents to hold office for at least a decade in my opinion. Our foreign policy would probably be a lot more efficient and some long term projects would more likely be completed.

Just my .02
edit on 11-3-2018 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think the real sheeple are the ones who decided places overseas are corrupt even though they have never been there.

Turn the T.V. off and go outside.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So I guess the King’s of Europe are going to take back over soon?
edit on 11-3-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

I was having this same conversation with someone the other day, America’s current election process has some serious holes in it, and the further and further apart the 2 (only 2) sides get, it gets worse and worse going a complete different direction every 4-8 years.

If the two sides were talking and debating in a proper fashion, we might end up hitting the perfect middle ground, but nobody is willing to compromise. Also, when someone does compromise they are ridiculed for “switching their view” so we make no progress and can’t balance a budget.

I’m not in favor of dynasties, but I’d rather have the same guy for 10-15 years who can get something done, than constantly switching leaders while the other side “waits him out” because they know the next election is right around the corner and the harder they make it to pass laws, the worse it is for re-election.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I think the real sheeple are the ones who decided places overseas are corrupt even though they have never been there.

Turn the T.V. off and go outside.

Except China really IS corrupt. I have been there 4 times and have talked to many people there and they all know and say the same things (in regards to the communist party and it's highly corrupt leader which includes XI Jing Ping.)
Most Chinese leaders of the communist party there do not even believe in it, they just use it and pretend to believe it is good for China and to use it for personal enrichment, and they all send their children to America to get college degrees and enjoy all the benefits of our constitutional republic while they sit in China in their high positions and have people tortured for any public resistance to their methods and goals that they use in enforcement of their communist principles. But western society hears nothing of their brutality in our media.
edit on 11-3-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You have been there 4 times and talked to many people and they ALL know and say the same things?

So your assessment was that, everyone but one guy in China is unhappy

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You have been there 4 times and talked to many people and they ALL know and say the same things?

So your assessment was that, everyone but one guy in China is unhappy

Too slow to get my meaning? They all say the same kind of things about Communism there and the communist party.

Does that make it easier to understand? I realize not everyone here is very sharp, and sometimes I forget that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wow it took you one post to resort to insults, your intelligence is radiating.

Most Americans are fed up with our political system as well.

Me arguing your post isn’t because I don’t understand it, it is because it isn’t very thought out, and I’m sure out of the billions of people in China you didn’t have much time to poll a majority in your 4 visits.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wow it took you one post to resort to insults, your intelligence is radiating.

Most Americans are fed up with our political system as well.

Me arguing your post isn’t because I don’t understand it, it is because it isn’t very thought out, and I’m sure out of the billions of people in China you didn’t have much time to poll a majority in your 4 visits.

That was an insult?
Sorry you are so easily triggered.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Interestingly, as it stands, theirs no 'term limit' in Australia either...

As far as I know, countries that do not have a presidential system do not have "term limits".

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So I guess the King’s of Europe are going to take back over soon?

Again? These countries still are (or are again, like Spain) monarchies:

Andorra (a co-principality with two princes, the French president and the bishop of Urgell, a Spanish "county")
Belgium
Denmark
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yeah, most of those you named have titles, but in reality are “Heads of State” and do not exercise or have executive power.

Those systems are actually less “ruled” than America, where he US President is both head of state and head of government.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Yeah, Australia's system is based on the British "Westminster" system. The Australian people elect a member of parliament for their "electorate" (the area around where they live) and those MP's are either independents or part of a party. The party's usually prevail and in Australia there are two main parties. It is the party or coalition of MP's that have enough members to form majority government that then choose a "prime minister". The MP's elect the Prime minister on behalf of the people who voted for them rather than the Australian people directly. Thats why Australia has changed leadership mid term on a number of occasions in recent years. (The party can decide to change leadership at any time) The leadership (prime minister) has no term or time limits. Our head of state is actually a "Governor General" appointed by prime minister, who is a figure head to represent the British Royal family for the parliament. In UK, the head of state is the Queen. Ultimately it still is in Australia too.

Regarding China. This is a significant and historical event. We have just witnessed the birth of the most powerful dictator the world has ever seen, and its gone almost unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Think about their history - they went into Tibet and started slaughtering monks and confiscated their land. They persecute people who practice peaceful religions. They've told people how many children they can have. Took away land and property from private land owners and other scary stuff.

These are not the traits of a noble gov't.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Let's try this...

I've lived in China for 10 years, going on 11.

Everything NCA said is accurate and echoed by many in the real world away from social media.

Let's start with some basics of how the CCP attends it's annual meetings -

1 - Leave all watches and phones outside meeting place(s) - We can't have the underlings seeing our expensive stuff.
2 - Generally all handbags forbidden inside said meeting place(s) - See above.
3 - We are dropped off by official gov't vehicles which pick us up from CCP Hotels - We can't have the underlings see our expensive wheels.

But let's go just a wee bit further and talk about Emperor Xi -

Who owns 7 houses, 1 in a very exclusive area of HK
Whose daughter attends a VERY prominent university in the USA and drives a VERY expensive sports car
Who has a wife known for her affection with the finer things - LV, Bvlgari, Rolex, BMW etc.

And he has NEVER been paid more than 11,000 RMB per month, that's $1500 USD. Ever.

To put it into context a little better for those that still don't get it -

Average Expat English Teacher Salary = 15,000 RMB (they don't have 7 houses)
Average Wage in Big Cities for Professionals = 7,000 RMB+ (they also don't have 7 houses, 2 if wife and husband both work and they were given one by parents)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Think about our history, we went into America and started slaughtering Indians and confiscated their land. We persecute people who practice peaceful religions. We've told people how many children they can have. Took away land and property from private land owners and other scary stuff.

These are not the traits of a noble gov't.
edit on 12-3-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join