It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt Coin or Cryptos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I had spoken to a relative the other day who I had probably seen 30 years ago...we were at a funeral..we were wrapping up the evening and he brought up Bitcoin. I have some money in altcoins so I was excited to talk about it to someone. I ended up finding out that he works for a prestigious company in Boston that primarily works with NYSE and a couple of other initials I can not recall. He's a senior vice president of the company and he basically asked if I was in bitcoin..I said I was but sold out when the price was around 900.00. He smiled and told me to get back in. I asked on what he thought the price would be by 2019 and he said conservatively 75,000.00. I asked him for other coins that may be cheaper at this point (I can't afford even a quarter of bitcoin at this time) and he said Litecoin...

When I asked him why he said that credit card companies are going to rely heavily on this and a few other popular coins for transaction processes but mostly the lightning network which he believe will get mass adoption. When I asked him how much he thought it would go up he said buy as much as you can afford now.

Money is tight for everyone but I see these coins on regularly discussed in Forbes, CNBC, Fox News, and are now traded in Futures Contracts...I think there is some writing on the wall and I believe the rich people have already started to purchase their shares or coins..Not looking to get into a pissing contest on this stuff just relaying information. I have coins in XRP, DGB, and OMG...they were within my budget but I'm already looking to dump them to jump into Litecoin..I wish I had litecoin now because it's an easy way for me to eventually get something off of Overstock.com without my wife realizing how much I paid for it...they take a few different coins on their website..

Take if for what it's worth folks...I really haven't been chiming in here too much lately but...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I have coins in XRP, DGB, and OMG...they were within my budget but I'm already looking to dump them to jump into Litecoin..

Going "all in" is usually never a good idea.

Stay diversified. Stay Intrinsic and tangible if possible.

Imo, Digi- 'money' isn't really real.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cash, hard cash, real money!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Deleted...not a popular enough topic
edit on 9-3-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Imo, Digi- 'money' isn't really real.

lol neither is the dollar. At least not at the rate they keep printing it at.

Bitcoin is real enough for me. I was able to purchase myself a gopro camera over the holidays. All thanks to crypto.

However you're right about diversifying. Don't spend what you're not willing to lose.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
I am a carpenter and just finished a kitchen remodel this month. The water faucet, the stove top, and the refrigerator were all wifi equipped. It was the first wifi water faucet and stove top we had ever seen, even the technical support at Samsung had never dealt with one. I believe this will be the future, including things like ceiling fans, water heaters, etc. all in order to help your house function more efficiently. Scary, but it's where we're going...

This leads to my personal pick for crypto success as an investor, Ethereum. Big names like Microsoft and IBM are backers, and it is being developed as a secured Blockchain specifically to protect all of these future devices that will be connected to the Internet of Things coming online soon.

a reply to: DerBeobachter
Real money is gold or silver. It has been money for all history except the last 75-100 years.

Cold, hard cash (Federal Reserve notes) is a worthless trap. It is part of a a rigged system. This rigged system has created the demand for Bitcoin. Necessity is the mother of all invention.

The future of money is in cryptocurrency.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How's that future is cryptocurrency looking for all the people who lost fortunes over the last few months though?

Those are the people you need to convince to shovel their money back in again, having taken big losses.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Cash, hard cash, real money!!!

In our modern era, even "cash" is no more real than digital currency.

Backing something on gold, backing something on debt, is no more different than backing something on computer processing power.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Theres a lot of interest in the blockchain tech behind the currencies for many different things as its more disaster proof than a lot of other systems as you could rebuild it from members a bit like using torrents in a way also its a very good system for having proof for something to of happened.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Fiat currency, at least in the fractional reserve system isn't real either. Nothing backs it up but promises.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
How's that future is cryptocurrency looking for all the people who lost fortunes over the last few months though?

Those are the people you need to convince to shovel their money back in again, having taken big losses.

They only lost fortunes if they cashed out low...prices are STILL higher than they were 5 months ago and at least 10 times higher than a year ago..it is all relative to what you DO with it.

I cashed out a tiny bit and am accumulating more.

This is not a regular stock market thing...definitely worth some risk.

For some reason ALOT of people like to buy HIGH and sell LOW...silly emotional people they are.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Personally, you will never convince me that TRACKING ALL transactions, public and private is a good thing. It's absolutely idiotic.

It's NO ONES business where and how I spend my money. PERIOD.

I mean is this the era of dumping personal privacy and freedom for mere convenience????!!!!

That's the future? I lend my buddy $20.00 and that's tracked and logged??? Him repaying me is also tracked and logged???

That's ok with people??

Well, never me.......never me.

edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 09 Mar 2018 15:23:18 -06003pmFridayth03pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
There aren't any names attached to the Bitcoin accounts. All that is tracked and logged is '$20' from one account was sent to another. The names and locations of the owners of the Bitcoin accounts (Bitcoin wallets) is anonymous relative to the central banking system that can track and log every $20 you spend. Remember every bill has a unique serial number. A benefit of Bitcoin is that it can be made completely anonymous.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You can't honestly be that naive.

Geezus.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have a little bit of both. Not much but I am still trying to add a little here and there.

I bought a small amount of Ethereum and Litecoin when the prices were near bottom late last night/early this morning.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

To be fair I lost more money in my retirement fund after the huge market crash many many years ago..I wonder how much money/funds will be lost in the next stock crash? Isn't it all a risk when you are trying to save or increase wealth? Greece is still feeling the debacle over the bank run.

Sure I can save money in a safe but it's not going to increase in value.

My intent was just to give a blue collar person a leg up if possible..nothing but love here folks

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've heard similar things. The banks are building the foundation for a flood of money to come into cryptocurrencies right now.
I think bitcoin, litecoin, and etherium will drag the rest of the the cryptocurrencies up this year.

I think it would be unwise not to invest at least a little money into crypto. Would you rather be 5,000 dollars stupid for investing or 1,000,000 dollars stupid for not investing?

I think the world is finally realizing a centralized banking system is slavery. The bankers are afraid and are starting to get in before they lose all control.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Personally, you will never convince me that TRACKING ALL transactions, public and private is a good thing. It's absolutely idiotic.

I mean is this the era of dumping personal privacy and freedom for mere convenience????!!!!

That's the future? I lend my buddy $20.00 and that's tracked and logged??? Him repaying me is also tracked and logged???

That's ok with people??

Some people love it, that's why they buy stuff like Alexia, they want to be tracked, same reason they post their daily activities on facebook.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Fiat currency, at least in the fractional reserve system isn't real either. Nothing backs it up but promises.

At one time they called paper dollars Promissory notes. At other 'certificates', receipts, checks, etc.

Simply put, Mister Banker Man places himself as middle man between buyer and seller by introducing a paper system they have control of and can charge fees for. Instead of trading a good or service you trade for paper instead.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: EternalShadow

That's ok with people??

Some people love it, that's why they buy stuff like Alexia, they want to be tracked, same reason they post their daily activities on facebook.

Ignorant and naive , usually younger people. They have yet to need their privacy for any real reason.

Wait til they lose their job and have to skip a few payments on some bling they bought on credit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join