It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poisoned Russian Spy Was Close to Trump Dossier Author Christopher Steele & Consultant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes, very good point there.

Seems there is a genuine consensus building
that this is anything but amateur.

“This is highly targeted, and it really shows the level of impunity needed to deliver a ferocious message to particular individuals, saying we can get you anywhere we want at any time. “And the choice of nerve agent really narrows it down to state actors.” Andy Oppenheimer, a counter-terrorism expert, told Sky News all possible compounds “are part of a type of chemical agent made specifically for warfare”. He explained: “These specific nerve agents are highly toxic and one needs to have expertise to make them.

“You need a proper military lab, you need maximum protection and whoever has inflicted this terrible attack on these individuals would have to be protected themselves. “If it’s by spray or if it was directly on the skin or to be inhaled, it has got to be done very quickly so they can get away. “So yes – they were probably highly trained, unlike what we believe to be amateur assailants responsible for the attack in the Malaysia airport with VX. “This looks like a professional hit.”

However, there is an argument to be made against the state-sponsored theory. Alexander Vissiliev, Russian espionage historian and journalist, believes “every possibility should be investigated properly”. He told Sky News: “From a professional point of view from an ex-KGB officer, I would say that killing someone in espionage in most cases doesn’t make any sense. “It usually brings a lot of unpredictable consequences like it was in the Litvinenko case, and usually the damage has already been done by that person so it doesn’t make any sense to kill him.

“It looks to me like a mafia thing. I would investigate Sergei’s business dealings after he moved to Britain. “In the 1990s, Russian businessmen used to kill each other, but then they moved to Europe, including Britain. They changed location but their practices didn’t change. “Another possibility is that Putin was framed by his political opponents.” There is also a question of identifying the type of nerve gas used in the attack.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Looking at the msm accepted narrative that the dossier was
real, and Trump colluding with Russia it really doesn't make sense
at all that Russia would try and take out Sergei.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I would think if Russian spooks wanted them dead, they would be dead.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Did you even read the OP? This is pointing far far away from Trump.

I did read the OP but I am wondering if you actually bothered to read my post or are you still falling into this trap of seeing my avatar and getting so triggered you just say whatever thought first pops into your mind.

I said that:

I wonder now that Trump is connected if other members will actually now pay attention to this case....

The point in my first post was simply to point out that this story is not really getting much attention on ATS right now despite it being a massive news story. I was only saying that now that Trump's name has been dropped into this that it might get some more traction.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Did you even read the OP? This is pointing far far away from Trump. Btw Russia is not famous for being sloppy and they usually don't cause collateral damage. That didn't looked like a russian hit imo.

?????
Russia fed Alexander Litvininko a cup of tea laced with Plutonium
en.wikipedia.org...

Of course this is Russia.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Nerve agents including Sarin and VX are manufactured by the British Government in Porton Down, just 8 miles from where Sergei Skripal was attacked. The official British government story is that these nerve agents are only manufactured “To help develop effective medical countermeasures and to test systems”.

The UK media universally accepted that the production of polonium by Russia was conclusive evidence that Vladimir Putin was personally responsible for the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. In the case of Skripal, po-faced articles like this hilarious one in the Guardian speculate about where the nerve agent could possibly have come from – while totally failing to mention the fact that incident took place only eight miles from the largest stock of nerve agent in western Europe.

Link

Still not sure what to make of this - in any case we all know the story we're being fed by the MSM is a load of BS...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

It's just the ongoing stuff to demonize Russia, getting everyone prepped. Before the end of the Petro dollar. This # is getting very stale. A very good proportion of the Wests population must realize by now that we are no longer a democracy, it's being run by some entity that has control over these governments. I doubt very much whether the actual people in charge would have wanted this widely known, as it had been going fairly smoothly until, the e mail leaks, made people think, how come politicians seem too , hush up stuff that gets the ordinary joe twenty years inside for, and what does come out is about dead or old politicians who are no longer relevant. Mabey Russia was originally the instigator of these leaks. But it has no doubt caused a lot of problems re the ruling classes credibility, and their subsequent actions have only worked to prove that their might actually be some substance to these leaks.
You cant stuff the genie back in the bottle, the only way out is something to take the general populations away from such concerns like a new cold war, where terrorist laws and laws that make the subverting of governments illegal. Control of the press and internet will have to be ramped up accordingly. Which already for the most part has been done. Usually historically speaking we should of had a war by now which would have deflected such concerns, the problem here is that the very existence of the Nukes may have stopped a wide scale conflagration. Even a brief exchange would probably render ruling governments powerless. But expect more demonizing of Russia and tighter controls on free speech.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thank you for your reply..

Yes I do notice how Russia is still used as the enemy. For TPTB the people always need an enemy as fear rules...

I don't think Russians did it. Maybe the UK?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

MS-13 are global. That's who Hillary/DNC used to murder Seth Rich.

BS.

There is no evidence of this at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I think the old Occam is the best bet here. Russia tried to assassinate a traitor on foreign soil. UK TV has been showing Russian news with some guy warning that England isn't a safe place for Russian traitors.

Putin has essentially done the Godfather horse's head thing with Sergei Skripal becoming the warning. Traitors cannot hide is the message and the warning. It's a heinous crime against diplomacy and sure to make the Cold War worse.

It's also been used for propaganda in the UK press. We've been shown a stream of images of the military convoy on its way to help the investigation. Journalists don't generally stand outside of military bases so the footage implies base PR invited the media. I get that it's a big incident and deserves full media attention, but it's wise to see the propaganda on all sides.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I'm not that bothered about the spy because I'm sure we have bumped off a few traitors but the fact it hurt people not involved in spy games does pee me off.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yeah I'm more bothered by the audacity of Russia. It's also dangerous because it's a 'gloves off' approach that invites us ('The West') to toss out the rules too. These people do their thing and it shouldn't have any impact on the public of any nation.

As ridiculous as it sounds, these spy games have always involved assassinations and torture, but the rules are to pretend like it isn't happening and use plausible deniability. They also use the little-boy-whistling-innocently strategy.

On the good side, at least we're getting closer to everyone finally agreeing that we're back in the Cold War. We all agree that we aren't exactly on the side of the angels. It's time some of these internet characters acknowledged that Russia isn't on the side of the angels either and isn't an innocent victim by any measure.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Agreed. Add to that info is being withheld but leaking via twitter (i.e decontamination of home/unit car was found/cemetary recovery of 'materials', not actual exhumation of the graves of his wife and son etc..) weren't part of a pre-announced conference but the MOD handover was - though was more a matter of when not 'if' the MOD would take control due to a practical National Security response.

Pretty certain most of the hazmat gear has been purely for photo ops the last few days - makes some sense to have them on when clearing enclosed spaces/still air/no light such as a house/car/restraunt but teams near the open air bench are a bit of a joke as any known agent would be inactive from exposure to light/uv/evaporation and would have diluted to the point of no presence. If it still posed a risk in such circumstances, 1000s of people would have ended up in hospital over the last few days.

Putin's also been joking yesterday about how those who seek to poison Russia end up swallowing their own poison and killing themselves; plus if it was MI6 he'd be found in a duffel bag with a lock, in a bath and salacious fabricated gossip of his private life would have been written by a Torygraph foreign affairs 'journalist'.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It's good to see someone who had the same idea. I was highly sceptical to see all that haz-mat malarkey in an area that's been exposed to the elements (and public) for years. They're making media hay while the sun shines and making sure we're all on the same page.

We're being primed here when I actually find the bare facts more effective. Russia have tried to assassinate someone on UK soil. It's bad enough without all our theatrics. Russia also let the guy go in an exchange which means their word has no diplomatic value. There's a sub-clause in the Geneva Conventions...'No backsies.'

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Did you even read the OP? This is pointing far far away from Trump. Btw Russia is not famous for being sloppy and they usually don't cause collateral damage. That didn't looked like a russian hit imo.

Nice attempt at spin, but if the article from the Daily News is true-- and it seems to be too good to be true-- this points directly at the Trump-Russia conspiracy. Russia is very keen to make its assassinations as obvious as possible, and collateral damage means nothing to them.

Also note the attempt to divert attention by waving Hillary Clinton in front of Trump's base. This assassination may have nothing to do with the 2016 campaign and everything to do with events in Britain. It is certainly intended as a warning.
edit on 10-3-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Russia have tried to assassinate someone on UK soil. It's bad enough without all our theatrics.

That may be the simple truth to take away here.

In related news, the female spy Sergei was swapped for
called him a spy.

Oh the irony.....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Today a warning has been issued for all those who
visited the Zizzi Restaurant or The Mill Pub
to wash their clothes, and clean all belongings.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

They have found traces of the nerve agent at
those public places.

www.yahoo.com...

So this is a bit sloppy by whomever did this.

Maybe a purposeful warning?

Skripal is still alive in critical conditon,
along with his daughter.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Why would they be targets if the information they were supplying wasn't true?
This is a verification of the dossier. There has already been one death according to Glen Simpson's testimony to congress.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why would they be targets if the information they were supplying wasn't true?
This is a verification of the dossier.

Ok Watson, if you say so.

Ring up the police and let them know you solved the case.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
When she said she smuggled hot sauce in her purse, she failed to mention that was her pet name for VX

Anyone ever wonder if the chemicals were actually his, and this is like the terrorist that accidentally blows himself up making a bomb?

Just another direction to look at...he was a former spy BTW...lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is an interesting angle too.

Reportedly, they are looking at the fresh flowers that
were brought to his deceased wife's grave site.

Usually he brought silk flowers, but this last time
they were fresh. Maybe someone sent him
poisoned flowers?

www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 11-3-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join