It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European newspaper publishes major UFO event in 1561

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Some of the spheres were seen falling to earth, leaving steaming craters of water. If it was meteorites then they would have to remain in a gravitational lock with that region of Earth in order to be seen in the evening and morning. So it would have to be something atmospheric.

The closest picture that that looks like that carving is the "The Orb - Beautiful day" when paratroopers are jumping out of aircraft.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

To paraphrase my favorite fictional FBI agent, "Dodger dogs, in 1561? So time travel is real!!"

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Everyone's talking about the Ufos in the picture. But no one's talking about the sun having a FACE!?!??!! The sun had a FACE back then? Wow!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Haven't had time to read the comments but what struck me about the 'spear shaped object' is that it reminds me of a stealth bomber.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This event also has me intrigued, makes me wonder if the Mahabharata scripts that describe ancient weapons used in battle by supernatural beings were actually true and extraterrestrial related.

en.wikipedia.org...

A short description of the weapons used in that story

www.speakingtree.in...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You can see this scene in Nuremberg today.

The twin towers are still there as well as other buildings depicted in the painting. Google Earth has imaged them and also put them in 3d perspective. The original painting shows hills, farmland and water to the right which are obviously now all built up with the expansion of the city.

Pretty cool. I wonder if there is enough info from the painting to pinpoint where these "crashes" occurred, and a possible search for depressions in the Earth.

Closeup of original scene:

The City today:

Closeup of the towers on the church, in the same aspect as in the painting.

You can have a lot of fun with Google Earth in this area, trying to depict map where that area is that the smoke is coming from.
edit on 25-2-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Translation:

"It happened in 1566 three times, on 27 and 28 of July, and on August 7, against the sunrise and sunset; we saw strange shapes in the sky above Basel.
During the year 1566, on the 27th of July, after the sun had shone warm on the clear, bright skies, and then around 9 pm, it suddenly took a different shape and color. First, the sun lost all its radiance and luster, and it was no bigger than the full moon, and finally it seemed to weep tears of blood and the air behind him went dark. And he was seen by all the people of the city and countryside. In much the same way also the moon, which has already been almost full and has shone through the night, assuming an almost blood-red color in the sky. The next day, Sunday, the sun rose at about six o'clock and slept with the same appearance it had when it was lying before. He lit the houses, streets and around as if everything was blood-red and fiery. At the dawn of August 7, we saw large black spheres coming and going with great speed and precipitation before the sun and chattered as if they led a fight. Many of them were fiery red and, soon crumbled and then extinguished."

I can provida a more accurate (and complete) translation of that old german text IF there is interest. You won´t find much people able to read the old german letters and gramars anymore. What I can say from looking over that translation it is a fairly good one, but maybe 50% from what´s written there. The rest is missing.

It takes time and effort to get it right, so I won´t do it so it can be ignored / mentally sent to dev/null and it was a waste of my time. So if there is genuine interest I´ll do it for ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Probably just a sun dog

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Pretty cool that you found the same church.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That would be great. I for one express my interest if not too much trouble.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: vinifalou
Weather balloon.

Case closed.

You're all welcome.

Nah, are you a majestic 12 disinfo agent?
It´s clearly swamp gas!

could be the farmers were burning large piles of brush and manure in the fields. Psilocybin mushrooms anyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
Copelandia cyanescens would explain it better

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I would be very interested in as much translation as you could provide, as I am sure most of the others here on ATS that are fascinated with early historical aerial phenomena, would as well. Thanks for what you already provided!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Alright, I´ll do my best but I like to point out, the quote I made was not my translation, I simply quoted it

en.wikipedia.org...

From a quick glance (need to find a better quality), most parts are covered by the translation. The rest is a bit religious! The grammar is awkward as expected, the translation on wikipedia is based on the modern german interpretation of the old grammar.

I want to make sure it´s accurate / nothing misinterpreted. Although, I´m not a linguistic expert, so there´s that.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interesting enough in these 2 years;

in 1561:

January 22 – Sir Francis Bacon, English philosopher, scientist, and statesman was born.
Between 1561 and 1670, 3,229 alleged witches are executed in southwestern Germany, most by burning.

in 1566:

July 2 – Nostradamus, French astrologer (b. 1503) Dies.

(Courtesy, WP)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I´m at it, but the quality gives me a headache while deciphering the words.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Apparently, in 1561 journalists weren't any better at checking their sources than nowadays. The event took place between 4 and 5 AM with the sun in the background, while sunrise in April in Nuremberg is after 6 AM?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If you look at it through the Christian perspective, it was a battle of angels.

Shortly after reading your thread, i ran into this video:

I believe history is repeating itself. Does the video above, not seem similar to the description from the 1561 newspaper?

At first there appeared in the middle of the sun two blood-red semi-circular arcs, just like the moon in its last quarter. And in the sun, above and below and on both sides, the color was blood, there stood a round ball of partly dull, partly black ferrous color.

Compare this to:

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

S&F

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think after seeing this little Lucas started to write the most amazing scenario of his life. (Starting with the Imperial ship which is seen on the art
)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join