It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: Turkish politician promises to INVADE GREECE if victorious in the election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

TURKEY’S leader of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) has threatened to invade “18 Greek islands in the Aegean Sea” if he comes to power that could trigger World War 3 as president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan continued his aggressive rhetoric after imposing his forces in Syria, it has emerged.

Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu declared that if he wins the country’s election when Turks go the polls next year he will wage war against Greece to take over the islands after declaring Athens has “no document” to ownership over them.

He stated he would “invade and take over 18 Greek islands in the Aegean Sea, just as former Turkish PM Bulent Ecevit invaded Cyprus in 1974”.

Meanwhile, the inflammatory comments were supported by the head of the newly formed “Good Party”, Meral Akşener, who will also make a bid to run Turkey and hinted that they could wage war against Greece.

She remarked that “what is required must be done” in a post on Twitter.

In a recent speech, he continued his aggressive rhetoric and hinted he too could confront Greece after issuing a warning to “those who have crossed the line in the Aegean and Cyprus.”

www.express.co.uk...

You literally can not make this stuff up.
They are campaigning in Turkey, on the grounds of invading a neighboring country, who they are supposed to be allies with through NATO(well, we know that that is only the case in name, defacto since both are NATO, but in practice it couldn't be further from the truth).

Get a load of their mindset too.
After supporting the various terrorist groups such as ISIS in Syria, they invade Syria them selves. They then tell Syria not to dare to intervene against them. Assads forces are cooperating with the Kurds now against the Turks.

They then tell the Cypriots and Greeks that they can't explore and drill for gas/oil in Cypriot and Greek territorial waters and EEZ's, because the Turks think that Turkey has a right to the natural resources of other countries.

Not only do they want their cake, they want to eat everyone elses too.

Exxon is sending two drilling platforms to Cyprus mind you.
And as we all know US energy corporations and US foreign policy go hand in hand.

There's talk as well these days of Turkey and Russia working together to destabilize the Balkans. Which would be against US/EU/NATO interests.

If Turkey doesn't fall back in line, I fear it's only a matter of time before the green light is given for Greece to retaliate and down a few Turkish F16's or sink a frigate or two when violating it's territorial integrity.
Because that's what a responsible ally does, it acts in unison with it's allied partners, and not like a rogue nation as Turkey is at present.

Before long the Eastern Mediterranean is going to explode.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

They smell natural resources

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

"We warn those who have crossed the line in the Aegean and Cyprus," Erdoğan declared, continuing:

"Their courage persists only until they see our army, our ships and our planes... Whatever Afrin is to us, our rights in the Aegean and Cyprus are the same. Do not ever think that the natural gas exploration in the waters of Cyprus and the opportunistic attempts in the Aegean Sea drop off our radar.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not just that, they want their caliphate

Ultimately this is what it's all about, Turkey has dreams of a renewed Ottoman empire

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Turkish politician promises to INVADE GREECE if victorious in the election

politician promises

yeah...I won't hold my breath.

Populism...a challenge or a threat to democratic system?

Peace

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Dont trust Turkey. Its that simple.

We should invade them the second they knock on Greece's door.

Why have we destroyed and destabilized centers of trade, culture and commerce, but built up that den of thieves that is Turkey?

These are our "allies"???

edit on 2 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
seriously doubt ol erdogan gonna give up his seat . he has the dictator role down pat and enjoys it too much to give it all up .

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Talk is cheap and bluster makes for good headlines. I would bet that if Turkey tries that crap they will get their Pee Pee knocked in the dirt and stepped on with a large combat boot. I think the world is getting fed up with Turkish Muslim demands and bluster.. at least I hope so..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Controlled Opposition , apparently Erdogan is the only rational option...

The 5 Elections to Keep an Eye On in 2018

edit on 22-2-2018 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A politician who does not expect to win an election can safely make his promises as bold as he likes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
salted , dry roated , honey glazed , chocolate coated , raw ?

end of the day - you still get nuts

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Hahahahaha I wonder if the US will meddle in this election! How about Russia!?!

Just something that hit me as I read this and since it is a big topic this and last administration.

I understand we need Middle East allies, but not to this extent, Turkey needs the boot. I wonder if Trump will use this in anyway to further the NATO is useless talking points considering there are 2 possibly going to war.

All this smells like Russia cozying up to Turkey IMO. I think they are getting closer in relationships. Just looking on a map, I’d probably prefer an eastern ally too.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

elect me - and i shall invade uranus

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Butt out!!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I disagree.

It's a European problem, let Europe deal with it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If Turkey doesn't fall back in line, I fear it's only a matter of time before the green light is given for Greece to retaliate and down a few Turkish F16's or sink a frigate or two when violating it's territorial integrity.

The green light is already given after the last incident in imia. The red line that Greece set up is already been crossed by Turkey. An incident that would lead to a war would happen. It would probably be either Cyprus EZZ or imia. Thanks to the intervention of the USA´s diplomacy, the situation on Imia did not escalated to an all out war.

There's talk as well these days of Turkey and Russia working together to destabilize the Balkans. Which would be against US/EU/NATO interests.

I do not think Russia tries to destabilize the balkans. If there is anyone who does that, that is Turkey. Albania and Turkey are very close allies, since both nations are predominantly Muslim and part of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). Then you have the Kosovan Albanians due to them being Muslims and former "loyal" Ottoman citizens in Bosnia-Kosovo.

From the 2000s onward Turkey's involvement and leverage within a political and economic context was deepened in Kosovo and the wider Balkans, due to the endeavours of the ruling AKP party wanting closer relations with countries that have Ottoman heritage and geo-political relevancy.
Balcer 2012, p. 227.

Russias priority now is to have an indirectly control of the Eastern Med. That was able to happen since Turkey downed a Russian Jet(2015). After that Turkey became Russias little b***h.

Turkey currently is being driven away from the west because of Erdogan´s dream of a revived Ottoman Empire. The Turkish opposition are worse. The Kemalisten such as (Kılıçdaroğlu)are mostly radicals that want a war with Greece. AS you mentioned on your article the Cyprus invasion was organized from kemalist Ecevit. Also in 1996 on Imia with Tansu Ciller also a kemalist.

I think i will stop here as my post will go off topic. Suffice to say the Turkeys politicians are brainwashing the masses with their spouts of war against Greece and the revival of ottoman empire. We are living in very dangerous and troublesome times.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Time to call the 300.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The source is express.co.uk...

The same source that claimed that lizards on Mars have jumped on the rover.

www.express.co.uk...

And that the CERN sent an airplane through an dimensional portal.

www.express.co.uk...

I could go on and on...You get my point.

edit on 22-2-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Eh. Unless we're involved in their politics, it's hard to understand what's going on over there. There most likely is a reason they're saying this. Plus getting foreign news is 50/50.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They smell natural resources

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

"We warn those who have crossed the line in the Aegean and Cyprus," Erdoğan declared, continuing:

"Their courage persists only until they see our army, our ships and our planes... Whatever Afrin is to us, our rights in the Aegean and Cyprus are the same. Do not ever think that the natural gas exploration in the waters of Cyprus and the opportunistic attempts in the Aegean Sea drop off our radar.

Olives and yogurt? This is a crazy playform to run on...would love to see the segment of population that is in favor of this...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Except for the fact that even Erdogan has talked about invading the Greek islands.

The problem is they believe certain territory not just in Greece but other neighboring countries belongs to Turkey.
The Turks were nomads, who during the Ottoman Empire invaded and occupied many nations and lands. This is what their claims boil down to, their idea of legitimacy.
Well crap, can Greece claim all its ancient lands back too?
Neighbouring Europe has moved beyond such mentalities from centuries ago, Turkey has not. Turkey never did move on and evolve from such outdated mindsets and behaviour.

It is beyond time that Washington throw Turkey to the curb. Russia won’t be as kind to Turkey as a client state as the USA has been to Turkey over the decades. Turkeys economy has only grown because of western manufacturers setting up production lines in Turkey. What’s Russia got to offer? Let them run to Russia.
Do you think Russia will let the Chinese move in on their south west flank like that?

Besides a military base Turkey offers nothing of value or substance. That military base..the British already have two in Cyprus right next door to the Middle East and right on Israel’s door step(very important for Washington).
Whose kept Cyprus out of NATO? Turkey since they’d veto it.

The cheap labor Turkey provides? Easily replaced elsewhere in the many cheap labor markets.

Besides problems and headaches and acting against western interests, Turkey is good for nothing as an “ally”.

a reply to: swanne

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join