It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham The Moral conscience of America has died.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

it is difficult to describe briefly the complex life and career of Billy Graham, he was a tenacious advocate for the defense of ethical values that he defended as to be essential in the core of Christian Theology: Anti Atheism, Anti Violence, Anti Drugs consumption, so Anti Narcotrafic, as well as, Anti Segregation and more over Anti Corruption.

He was one of the first White Baptist Pastors of the country in to welcome the Antisegregation rule of the Supreme court of 1954, in that sense he separated from the ultra conservative Christians of his time, and he befriended Martin Luther King in 1960, also H.H. Pope John Paul II in 1981, with whom shared an Anti Marxist Agenda, and he refused always to travel to South Africa during the Apartheid on 1980s.

Today he finally rested in peace at 99 years old, his was a life span of continuous and uninterrupted exhaustive work for the causes he trusted. As a Baptist evangelist he believed Bible was entirely the word of God, with no exception along all the scriptures, so he might be considered fundamentalist Christian Protestant, but he believed that only a faith with works is alive, something that is not so common in the world he came from.

Please check:
www.yahoo.com...
Billy Graham although a firm believer in the reform was not a sectarian preacher, he developed a strange rapport and friendship with two Catholic icons: John F. Kennedy and Karol Wojtila, the first Catholic President of the USA and the first non Italian Pope in five centuries.

His style of preaching was more focused in to encourage people to develop Christian moral virtues than in to assume judgemental attitudes, in to join efforts to bring the kingdom of God to this world instead in to boost enmity among different Christian denominations, he believed that it was in competing to be better than others and not more evil than them that we can distinguish the quality of our faith and spiritual convictions, in that sense he could be considered as a ecumenical pastor coming from Protestantism.

In particular the Polish Pope who he defined as the most influential voice of The XX century and a genuine Evangelist, in spite to don't be Protestant, once told him that they were actually brothers in Christ.

Please check:
www.cbn.com...

Thanks for your attention, the thread is open to meditate in the legacy of this great man for the people that devoutly followed him a long so many decades and for the nation and the world in general.

America has lost a great Moral leader in a time of evident deep crisis of confidence, with terrible scandals running in the politics and a horrendous wave of violence spread in the streets, boosted by the erosion of essential social aspects, we have seen a chain of genocides committed by lonely people sunk in hatred and resentment, murderers that lack of firm family values, lack of good parenthood or family structure around them, a sign of disintegration of the society Graham tried to construct along decades.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/21/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I think you meant to say, "the moral conscience"?

Billy Graham has died. The moral conscience of the US died years ago with the rise of secular humanism and relativistic morality. Sad to say, but for the majority of the US, Billy Graham long ago outlived his usefulness.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yeah, sometimes automatic typing corrector tools actually originate errors, instead to prevent them. I think you are correct in the sense that the crisis have too many years running and I think possibly that is what God has decided to symbolize today with the death of Graham, his rejection to a morally wrong order of things that can Not continue without damaging for ever the American society.

We need to understand that when there are children or adolescents growing alone, when they don't have responsible adults taking care of their formation, not only of their economic support, there is a huge problem incubating and it is just only question of time to have it exploding and destroying many more lives around.

The discussion we have right now if the way to stop the domestic violence is to reduce the access to arms by civilians, or expand the use of them instead by the teachers I am sure would be considered to Graham as absurdly wrong, That is not what heals America.

We can Not blame only the material means used to commit those crimes of their terrible outcomes, it is what is bad in the minds of the people what really matters, where there are cumulated feelings of moral pain, resentment, hatred, separation or solitude it is the deep real root cause of all these massacres.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

One of his parting messages:

Billy Graham's Last Message to America & the World

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not the Moral anything, if your hell exists as you say his greed has him bent over by a demon in that fiery pit as speak.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Pretty good last video, however that last verse in the video of John 3:16 has a contradiction in it: it says God "gave His one and only Son" but that's not true. I personally am a son of God according to the same Bible:

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So either God has ONE and only son, or He has many. Something is wrong.......must be the "so called" bible that the video used. Maybe they need to get a real Bible and not use a bible that casts doubts and sows contradictions in the scriptures.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I grew up watching Billy on TV when I was a kid. Always liked the guy.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Billy was surely greeted on the other side with “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow. Not very good at demon detection are we ATS.

Dude looked like Alfred Kinsey crossed Judge Alvin 'J.P' Valkenheiser. Very obvious paedosado. You CAN judge a book by its cover ya know.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
he was not a good guy.

isn't he one of the ones cited when people talk about mandela effects? or is that just me thinking he should have died earlier. maybe i'm not alone in that.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Many millions of Americans did so, along many decades, they followed his ethical dissertations with deep respect and attention, even among the ones that were not really part of his specific religious denomination.

I think the best homage that can be given to Graham is Not just only to approve bipartisan laws that criminalize the carry of weapons at least 30 ft from any School, college or University campus, but also criminalize irresponsible or abandoned parenthood as well as physically or mentally abusive ones.

The people this week in the streets of different cities of the nation marching to press the congress to change the legislation of weapons are what I think Billy Graham might be proud to see. if the political class is unable to work without looking for their group interests, for the ones of the arms factories or dealers they are trying to protect then the common citizens must take control of the situation an demand effective action immediately, no more empty rhetoric that is not fixing anything.

There is a lot of people that is concerned about if Abortion is the worst kind of crime, I think it is the great majority of the Americans, well Bill Graham taught us that anybody that is giving bad example or Injecting hatred in youngsters, as well as, abandoning children, partner, husband or wife or elders of his own blood is committing an abomination against humanity.

I am Not going to respond the extremely low attacks against his legacy, because I think the best way to honor his memory is to don't return violence against violence, to return the attacks of other people that didn't like him at their same level is what he might not do so, if he would be alive he would try to change that wrong behavior with his good example of compassion, patience and decorum

The Angel of lightness

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
He didn't die soon enough...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think you are correct in the sense that the crisis have too many years running and I think possibly that is what God has decided to symbolize today with the death of Graham, his rejection to a morally wrong order of things that can Not continue without damaging for ever the American society.

My guess, is that we have entered the winnowing phase. For the remnant, the solution is doubtless the "Benedict Option". Only in that way can the remnant avoid the corrosive effects of the dominant culture. Where I live, I see more and more of the remnant embracing the Benedict Option to great advantage and effect.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No, to the contrary he died soon enough to don't see the complete collapse of the rule of Law in the country, because that is what means when the common citizens need to make justice through their own hands.

Billy Graham died two days ago precisely to don't see the Congress and President offering to all the educators of the country as the only solution they can provide to preserve their safeness to allow them to carry legally a gun in their pockets when they enter their classrooms!!.

Who in the name of God with a minimum of moral conscience is going to think in such an anarchic decision? are we going to convert our classrooms in duel yards as in the worst times of the wild west?

If he might be able see this upside down sense of justice we are today watching in the news He probably had died anyway of consternation.

Lets make America Gangster again!!,

I am sure Al Capone must be laughing in Hell to know this. There is no more space in this country for people of high sense of ethics as it was Graham, that is what the politicians are saying to us.

Please with all respect Mr President, hear the clamor of the people in the streets at least now, they are not professional agitators as sometimes you seem to think, they are really upset with reason, they are not getting the response they deserve and demand.

Educators carrying guns in their pockets to the classes means complete collapse of the Rule of Law, there is No way to implement such a solution without surrendering the governability of the country.

The real solution is to setup by law electronic surveillance systems in all the campuses, with radar if it is precise. It is provide Educational centers with modern technology in telecommunications implemented to scan everybody that approach or enters in any school building.

We need to understand that this is an issue that requires scientists and Engineers working together, you need to understand that there must be enough public funding to research to overcome this crisis.

It is mandatory under the circumstances to give priority to the finding of a solution about the lack of safeness in public spaces on the country, it is not just schools, it is also theaters, churches, shopping centers, all the spaces in which there were previously massacres.

We can Not continue insisting into spend 15000 millions of dollars of the tax payers in to plan a wall with another country claiming that it is for our own security when the criminality that is at present messing a lot the society is emerging from inside the country, it is here around the corner, in any street of any city of America and it is not coming at all from the borders.

There are millions of youngsters in the country growing without proper care, growing without good education, growing in misery, abandonment, domestic violence, with parents consuming drugs or alcohol, and so facing even moral degradation, and the government must do something to protect them from such a terrible drama and prevent that they later become a terrible criminal cunumdrum.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/23/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join