It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions: Justice Department Investigating FBI in FISA Warrant Application

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On Sunday, February 18, 2018 Jess Sessions announced an Investigation
by the DOJ into the FISA application that was used by The Obama
Administration's FBI to spy upon his political opponents, in what we now
know to be the largest abuse of power since Watergate.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in an interview aired Sunday the process used by the FBI to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act will be investigated after allegations of abuses of power committed by the agency under the Obama administration.

"Let me tell you, every FISA warrant based on facts submitted to that court has to be accurate," Sessions told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" regarding the FISA Court, which adjudicates applications to gather information on foreign operatives on U.S. soil.

"That will be investigated and looked at, and we are not going to participate at the Department of Justice in providing anything less than the proper disclosure to the court before they issue a FISA warrant," he continued.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Video here - Start at about 5:14 in....

The FBI used information from former British spy Christopher Steele
in obtaining the warrrant, even though Steele misled them.

Steele failed to reveal that he met with reporters in Sept. 2016
to plant the unverified information about Trump, in which the FBI
then noted Steele's leaks as a reason he was untrustworthy.

Michael Isikoff wrote a story based on Steele’s information
in a Sept. 23, 2016, article with Steele’s allegations about Page
as the second source the FBI and DOJ used to help justify the
surveillance warrant.

However, the application failed to disclose that the Isikoff article
came from the same source as the dossier.

In addition, the FISA court is considering the request from
the House Oversight Committee in releasing the information.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Sessions also mentions the IG report is due soon.

We may still see indictments!

Stay Tuned!

Related ATS Thread
House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

edit on 18-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This here is the real collusion investigation.

How many agencies did the former administration weaponize?

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It would be nice if justice is served.

It would be nice to put faith in the government.

It would be nice.

I just don't have any faith or trust that guilty people in government ever get punished.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I doubt that he DOJ is capable of really investigating the FBI. Too many deeply embedded bureaucrats with political ties and agendas.

It would take a fairly substantial house cleaning to change thing in any of our government agencies to change anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
I doubt that he DOJ is capable of really investigating the FBI. Too many deeply embedded bureaucrats with political ties and agendas.

It would take a fairly substantial house cleaning to change thing in any of our government agencies to change anything.

Sadly, I have to agree. I don't have much confidence anything substantial will come from this.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

How many agencies did the former administration weaponize?

It might be easier to count the ones that were not weaponized?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It would be nice if justice is served.

I'd rather see this than the dirty political hack jobs
still working at the FBI covering this up.

At least most of them have lost their jobs, and are exposed.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

All I see out of most of these investigations is a bunch of lawyers getting richer on the taxpayers dime for doing pretty much nothing. Kind of like our politicians. That could be why lawyers become politicians...........easy money.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Sadly, I have to agree. I don't have much confidence anything substantial will come from this.

The corruption, although on a much smaller scale, reminds me of the problems that law enforcement had during prohibition getting Al Capone. Everyone was on the take one way or another. It took Elliot Ness and the Untouchables plus the IRS to get him. The Untouchables couldn’t be bought.

Our level of corruption is so high that Left, Center or Right they are not working for our benefit but for their own.

Terms limits would help. A Constitutional Convention called by the States could solve it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They need to expand their investigation to include Lois Lerner and the IRS.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This should be interesting to watch little old Jeff finally do work.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

All I see out of most of these investigations is a bunch of lawyers getting richer on the taxpayers dime for doing pretty much nothing. Kind of like our politicians. That could be why lawyers become politicians...........easy money.

Pretty much. As lawyers, they see all the grey areas in the law (by design, put in there by the people who write the laws, the politicans), and how easy it is to work within them and make a lot of money. Like the corruption laws, they're written so unless you get caught on tape literally saying "I'll vote X on this bill in exchange for Y dollars", you're technically not in violation of the law no matter how obvious it is to an objective person that you were bought.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

True.

Maybe it is happening?

James Comey, fired.
“Jim”, James Baker (FBI Chief Legal Counsel) was removed in January.
James Baker - Out at FBI
“Mike” Michael Kortan (FBI Asst. Director Public Affairs)
Two More Officials Cited In FBI Texts Step Down
“Dave” David Laufman (DOJ – National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence) suddenly stepped down
Justice Dept. Official Who Helped Oversee Clinton, Russia Probes Steps Down
FBI lovers' latest text messages: Obama 'wants to know everything'

Others that are out following the firing of former Director James Comey

FBI Deputy Director McCabe steps Down

DOJ Investigating McCabe"s Role in Clinton Email Case

FBI Agent Who Was Comey's Assistant Leaves FBI To Work At ..... CNN!?

Official Linked To Dossier Loses Both Top Level Positions

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Of course a good start but it will not be enough until it takes you 10 pages or more to make a similar reply.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As he is a career politician, I dont have any faith in sessions. I would submit he is neck deep in the swamp. That said, imo the situation is worthy of an investigation. The right to privacy should be no joke. Those who violate it should be held accountable.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The corruption, although on a much smaller scale, reminds me of the problems that law enforcement had during prohibition getting Al Capone. Everyone was on the take one way or another. It took Elliot Ness and the Untouchables plus the IRS to get him. The Untouchables couldn’t be bought.

Our level of corruption is so high that Left, Center or Right they are not working for our benefit but for their own.

Terms limits would help. A Constitutional Convention called by the States could solve it.

I posted that on my Facebook a month or so ago. Obviously Congress will never pass a law limiting their own terms and limiting how long they can sit in office enriching themselves, but the States could force it on them with an Article V convention. Unfortunately, that means you have to get 34 of the State legislatures together, and they're also made up of a bunch of corrupt politicians who mostly want to get to the US Congress someday. So they're unlikely to do it too.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You know I have never been a Trump supporter. I am liberal by nature and there is a lot about Trump that really, REALLY upsets me. It is still obvious to me that what has happened here is so wrong that it should transcend any political belief.

Also the reporting on the realities of what happened during this election is a constant barrage of the narrative that there was Russian collusion within the Trump campaign, facts coming out plainly point out the democrats, both within the new campaign AND the seated government, fabricated facts to obtain this fisa warrant.

Now the media has shifted to these Russian indictments. It is laughable... I really hope some proper truths come from this investigation and then, in turn, we see some truthful reporting of facts. Not partisan opinion and one sided narrative, just the simple truth about what went on.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I am sure that that was part of the Obama strategy.
All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good people
to do nothing.

Trump gives his salary away to other people.

I think Jeff Sessions heart is in the right place.

But we do need term limits.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This requires a Special Counsel. The DOJ can not investigate themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

thanks for speaking up
i think most americans would agree wirh your post
no matter their party affiliation

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join