It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Seizing CBD oil across Texas, other States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Shouldn't they be shaking down opiate distribution or something?

Then they would have to shaking down their financiers, buddy's, themselves and other 3 letter agencies.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

It's a war on health, can't let big pharma lose profits to a plant. This is nothing more than the controlling arm of government putting people in their places and making sure the " for profit " health system steams full speed ahead.

A Multi-Billion dollar pharma industry vs. a disabled combat veteran. Sounds right. Let Trump have a parade, see what happens when all the veterans show up JUST to protest this nonsense.

Veterans just get used up and discarded after they serve, I'm surprised so many people still sign up knowing once they leave the military injured or not they have no real support base.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Going after CBD is a low blow and an excuse on their part. Nice way to coverup their opioid dealings. This is criminal, those responsible need to be charged.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It's a war on health, can't let big pharma lose profits to a plant. This is nothing more than the controlling arm of government putting people in their places and making sure the " for profit " health system steams full speed ahead.

A Multi-Billion dollar pharma industry vs. a disabled combat veteran. Sounds right. Let Trump have a parade, see what happens when all the veterans show up JUST to protest this nonsense.

Veterans just get used up and discarded after they serve, I'm surprised so many people still sign up knowing once they leave the military injured or not they have no real support base.

The recruiters don't tell them that, nor do other veterans. Out of one side of their mouths, veterans will tell you how horrible they have been treated but still tell some 18 year old kid to join out the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

It's not up to the recruiters to inform candidates, their job is to sign em up no matter what, it's on the person who wants the career to weigh up whether or not it's the right thing for them and what it may entail.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
They will not allow MJ to be classed as a drug...they will never admit it is a medicine....this SHOULD have been the FIRST STEP towards legalisaton of MJ...but this step was skipped...because it would mean taking Trillions of dollars from the pockets of Big Pharma and putting it in the pockets of MJ growers and suppliers....

They do not want people distilling their own medicines and Monsanto and the Global Cabal haven't locked down the MJ seeds and genetics market quite yet so they can eliminate as many strong medicinal strains as possible until the day comes when they have killed off ALL strains of natural MJ and we are left with GMO MJ which will then have NO MEDICINAL VALUE.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: KansasGirl

Regarding Kratom, you're spot-on. There's not a 'silver bullet' in tackling the Opioid/Opiate epidemic, but Kratom is, by far and away, a better maintenance option in assisting those who are addicted/physically-dependent on Opioid/Opiates in comparison to methadone and/or buprenorphine (suboxone). And the nation NEEDS it! The Opioid/Opiate epidemic will have far-reaching effects for decades, and the FDA is practicing a level of malfeasance that is beyond criminal and the public health costs are only going to continue to sky-rocket if Kratom isn't allowed to be a part of the toolkit in combating the epidemic. I could go on and on about the public health costs (an old colleague is project director of the National Survey on Drug Use and Health...the data keeps pouring in on the true public health costs...it's staggering even to those who have received this contract for the last 25 years -- it's an order of magnitude higher than the 80s crack epidemic).

Regarding CBD, I don't have any personal experience (CBD in combination with THC is an entirely different story, though) but have found that it helps my rescued pit-bull immensely with her separation anxiety. An eye-dropper full under the tongue and I can come home without any blinds broken/trash pilfered/etc., etc. Another thing: a friend had an aneurysm a couple years back and was on copious meds...he found CBD at a local headshop 6 months ago and has weaned off several of those meds -- his doc isn't completely on board, yet, but each check-up continues to amaze his doc.

This isn't the thread, but once more draconian guidance is giving by the FDA and acted upon the DEA, I'll make a thread with the requisite resources to make our voices heard. We can stave off this infringement of personal liberty and remind the government we still demand sovereignty of our minds.

there is a big war on kratom being fought and ultimately i feel sure they will schedule it, though the kratom community is fighting back tooth and nail. They are an established community and have flew under the radar for a long time. Now that it is getting attention, I feel sure that the fight will be lost at some point. It's just too good of an alternative to those that have been addicted to other substances, and ultimately is costing big pharma money and we all know they can't have that.

They have already pattoned the alkaloids that are in kratom to produce a pill that they can legally charge whatever they see fit and market this 'dangerous' drug. They have published articles listing death's they attribute to kratom, though in each case there were many drugs in the system of the deceased. They tried to ban it a year ago, but as i said the push back of the established kratom community bought some time until now, as the FDA and DEA push for the inevitable this time with a negative campaign ahead of any scheduling.

This plant changes lives of those that have either been addicted to other really dangerous drugs or those who have constant pain, anxiety, or even depression. I can tell you that personally. I still have hope, as I said the community is well established and is fighting back with all it has, but with the attention it has now received it was in better shape when it fell under the radar.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Well, some significant portion of them just like to blow snip up. And pretty much all of them are dumb kids at the time that dont know better. I shudder to think of myself at age 17-19 lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some of the stand on your own types get out there and be like us Texas country boys

And don't be like the metro boys......prep the dirt now....look at the calendar.....find a place with no grasshoppers....

It's humanizing to do so. Humanizing to grow a garden. My bud's niece is a top grower of Charlotte's web in Colorado

My garden....can't say
edit on 18-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
This was all very predictable, and worse, un-American.

A great deal, if not all, of the CBD products being seized are derived from the hemp plant. My state, North Carolina, is the first state to use private monies to fund its industrial hemp program. Kentucky is the leader in industrial hemp production among states that haven't legalized recreational marijuana -- Mitch McConnell was a driving force in allowing for "industrial hemp" production to be included in the 2014 Farm Bill. It'll be interesting to see if the DEA starts unlawfully seizing CBD products in Kentucky.

Another plant, Kratom, is being rail-roaded by the DEA, as well. So, we have two PLANTS that have a large amount of anecdotal data (the FDA [as we all in know is an arm of Big Pharma] will NEVER publish clinical data showcasing such) illustrating the significant medicinal value that are soon-to-be scheduled under the CSA as schedule I. Right there is all the evidence you need to see Big Pharma are the overlords of the FDA, and by extension, the DEA. Nevermind the fact the CDC expects deaths from Opioid/Opiate usage to eclipse 2016, when more people died in one year than all the deaths of the Vietnam War (possibly all war-related deaths since the Korean War).

This is your government at work, ladies and gentleman.

The DEA will have to allow for public comments after scheduling CBD and Kratom (they tried in 2016 using an "emergency scheduling" but enough people spoke out, and for the first time in its history, the DEA had acquiesce on a scheduling), so if this is of concern to you, write your representatives, but more importantly, submit comments to the Federal Register stating as an American citizen you will not stand for the continued subsidization of Big Pharma's poisoning our populace vis a vie the criminalization of plants that have significant medical value.*

*Not to mention, there are zero recorded deaths from CBD usage and the deaths attributed to Kratom usage are flimsy, at best (the deaths from Kratom usage the FDA recently touted all contained other drugs/intoxicants/adulterants -- they [FDA] can't pin a single death on Kratom being the sole factor).

BEEF,, After reading your post here, I'm now 100% positive you're also a member of a few Facebook kratom groups, and/or the BEA (Botanical Educational Alliance) or the AKA (American Kratom Assc).

Glad you're spreading the word about the quality of life returning plant, kratom. We need as many educated as possible. The dea/fda will cause tons of serious (perhaps fatal) results if their ban goes through. Not just to those who have gotten off deadly street drugs via kratom, but those of us with chronic pain, etc. When rx painkillers don't work (plus addictive, plus now being denied to legit pain sufferers) and instead of kratom, we are snidely told to "use aspirin" (Sessions just needs to gtfo govt, period)..... I am horrified to realize there will be those taking their lives.

Makes me positively SICK. and enraged at the lack of empathy from the govt.

To be fair, there ARE members of the govt who are pro kratom and cbd. Just not enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: howtonhawky
en.wikipedia.org...So do countries where mj is legal have reduced rates of the illnesses you all say this drug helps?

If so that would be a strong selling point and if not then you had better keep it secret.

Are you just trolling? Or are you really this ignorant?

both
how about an answer?
It is a very valid question.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Some of the stand on your own types get out there and be like us Texas country boys

And don't be like the metro boys......prep the dirt now....look at the calendar.....find a place with no grasshoppers....

It's humanizing to do so. Humanizing to grow a garden. My bud's niece is a top grower of Charlotte's web in Colorado

My garden....can't say

Well i am fairly close to you and i say that we always freeze around easter.
Also this early we still have rodents starving.
They got my potatoes last year.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Going after CBD is a low blow and an excuse on their part. Nice way to coverup their opioid dealings. This is criminal, those responsible need to be charged.

Exactly what I was thinking, what a bunch of pawns.

It's like taking candy from the baby, while it's ok for daddy to shoot-up his heroin. Gotta love priorities and trying to justify their worthless jobs these days.

Impress us FBI and go after the real criminals.
edit on 18-2-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Good.
Shut down all the gateway drugs. Of which, marijuana is, a gate way drug.
Frankly, I've never tried the snip, nor will I.
ALL the patients that I have seen in ER, that came in high on weed prior to their accident, complained that their pain was much worse. From fish hooks to lacerations and blunt force injuries, I've seen little kids manage their pain, than the weedies.
Pffft. In 25 years, I've seen no benefits in marijuana. All it does is cause euphoria and that's all the weedies want.
You can reread my OP on weed, how it changes your brain, and allows HAARP to stimulate it.
Make clothes, rope or adhesives with it. Just don't pollute your body with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Good.
ALL the patients that I have seen in ER, that came in high on weed prior to their accident, complained that their pain was much worse. From fish hooks to lacerations and blunt force injuries, I've seen little kids manage their pain, than the weedies.
Pffft. In 25 years, I've seen no benefits in marijuana. All it does is cause euphoria and that's all the weedies want.
You can reread my OP on weed, how it changes your brain, and allows HAARP to stimulate it.

Hey you know that you have no idea what you are talking about, you are flat out mistaken, what part of it being not psychoactive is confusing to you.

Your statement is as dumb as saying non alcoholic beer will get you drunk.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Good.

You know that alcohol is a gateway drug.

How much do you drink?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

They are running out of ideas of what to do now that they turning to this.....

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Good.

Sir, I still have pain medication from my surgeries. I never take it. If you are saying that the only way you can not be in pain is by altering the brain body connection, I will submit this.

The central nervous system (CNS) is a complicated thing. However, understand that ibuprophen, tylenol, apple cider vinegar, THC and alcohol all act on the CNS. CBD acts in a completely different way that any of these things.

There is an entire system recently discovered in the body that seems absolutely designed for CBD (scientists didn't previously know of many somatic links that were this vast). CBD is a component of marijuana that can be isolated in the plant.

This plant can be specially grown to contain less than .03% THC when plants that people smoke to get high contain 20% or better. As a math major, I understand just how big a difference this is.Essentially you could not get high smoking it.

Now, consider that CBD also reduces the effect of THC at about one to one.

It is a miracle of modern science and medicine sir, and you know someone it could help. Likely, you are even a potential patient. If so, you might find you no longer need heart medication, anti-inflammatory medication, pain medication, sleep medication, various digestion medication, and much more.

It would cost nothing, and you could even make it yourself at home just as difficult as someone rolling their own cigarettes at home. You don't even smoke it, you can take it under the tongue or with food. You could smoke it. You could use it in a cream.

Miracle of science.

The government already has patents on CBD as medicine.

Department of HHS Grant: Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
patents.google.com...
edit on 18-2-2018 by wakeupstupid because: (no reason given)

Claims (26) We claim:

1. A method of treating diseases caused by oxidative stress, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid that has substantially no binding to the NMDA receptor to a subject who has a disease caused by oxidative stress.

2. The method of claim 1, wherein the cannabinoid is nonpsychoactive.

3. The method of claim 2, wherein the cannabinoid has a volume of distribution of 10 L/kg or more.

4. The method of claim 1, wherein the cannabinoid is not an antagonist at the NMDA receptor

From the PDF at the link:

(10) Patent No.: US 6,630,507 B1 (45) Date of Patent: Oct. 7, 2003

Since 2003 they have known.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This is atrocious.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LMFAO, guns are good though..cbd bad.
You can't make this stuff up it's so ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join