It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians indicted but was anyone arrested?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: whywhynot
So there are a couple nice threads running on the recent Mueller indictments but am I confused. Doesn’t a Federal Grand Jury indictment commonly result in the arrest of the person indicted?

I read the current articles in the MSM, googled for “arrested indicted Russians” and read through the ATS threads and I find nothing about arrests. And, don’t the Feds keep the indictments quit until the people are arrested to prevent them from fleeing?

Makes me wonder if these guys are currently in Russia and if so there is zip chance of getting them to the USA. And, if that is true it makes me wonder about the true value of this indictment.

Am I missing something?

Your latter musings are correct. Those named are in Russia, and will never travel to the US (or likely any of our close allies) again for fear of extradition. The value is in setting the precedent that Russia did in fact willfully work to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.

Well they failed because Hillary lost.

They were PRO TRUMP anti Hillary, stop spreading false information!

That is what the FBI said, stop changing things around to be pro trump! Its ridiculous! The freaking Russians wanted Trump to win. Why do you think Trump STILL has not signed the sanctions against Russia he has had for two weeks????? Let me guess you think it's coincidence???

They also wanted Bernie to win, so why didn't he win if the Russians had so much influence?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Answer: They wasted our time and taxpayer dollars and blamed it on some Russians.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

Independent third parties is the current talk and a good one... instead of letting political parties draw those maps themselves. No taxation without representation... since people are STILL taxed both federal and state level depending on whom they work for? Including those not working for state or federal paying BOTH... there is no equal representation going on at all in those states.

We saw that very clearly in the last presidential election... so the fixing....

Even a third centre party abrbiter with substance would make a difference if people would only latch onto that. It would stop all this inability to do what people want, and more important need, indeed getting things done would be like breath of fresh air, that alone would make people realise they do have real power...as long as the voting system works for them that is.
The two party system just does not work.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So there are a couple nice threads running on the recent Mueller indictments but am I confused. Doesn’t a Federal Grand Jury indictment commonly result in the arrest of the person indicted?

I read the current articles in the MSM, googled for “arrested indicted Russians” and read through the ATS threads and I find nothing about arrests. And, don’t the Feds keep the indictments quit until the people are arrested to prevent them from fleeing?

Makes me wonder if these guys are currently in Russia and if so there is zip chance of getting them to the USA. And, if that is true it makes me wonder about the true value of this indictment.

Am I missing something?

Your latter musings are correct. Those named are in Russia, and will never travel to the US (or likely any of our close allies) again for fear of extradition. The value is in setting the precedent that Russia did in fact willfully work to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.

It's you spreading false info. Did you not hear the part about them staging an anti Trump rally?

They didn't care who won. It would not affect their agenda one iota.

If anything, common sense says they would have preferred Hillary, as they already knew she could be bought.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Am I missing something?

That is what the FBI said, stop changing things around to be pro trump! Its ridiculous! The freaking Russians wanted Trump to win. Why do you think Trump STILL has not signed the sanctions against Russia he has had for two weeks????? Let me guess you think it's coincidence???

They also wanted Bernie to win, so why didn't he win if the Russians had so much influence?

Where is your proof they wanted Bernie to win????? Plenty of proof they wanted Trump to win....not Bernie.

It's pretty well known Russia in no way wanted Hillary to win....

edit on 16-2-2018 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Russians indicted but was anyone arrested?

I hear a bolo was issued for a black bot all dressed in ones and zeros smoking a cig, and drinking vodka.

Considered armed and dangerous.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You still don't get it do you?

Put your Trump hate on hold for a moment of clarity.

They did not care who won. Their objective was to sow discord among the American population. Period. By being blinded by party politics, you are playing right into their hand.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

Where is your proof they wanted Bernie to win????? Plenty of proof they wanted Trump to win....not Bernie.

You did see th epress conference on this right? these people were not connected in any way to the trump campaign. SO as stated before this isnt anything to do with collussion.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

They did not care who won. Their objective was to sow discord among the American population. Period. By being blinded by party politics.....

You left out , "With Trump's help", I think it is yourself who is blinded, or just making stuff up...Trump has sown plenty of discord on his own....."If you can hear me Russia" ...just as well for him there isn't a real war on with Russia.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

Yes, it's now time to figure out how the US government can arrest the internet, because lets face it, if there was no internet then those 16 folks wouldn't have had much of an impact - even with overnight express post and full-page NYT Ads to assist them.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

Eh? Where does it say Russia wilfully worked to effect the outcome of the 2016 election????
Are these 13 people members of a reformed Polit Bureau or something????

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

Er, it's detailed in the indictment. They supported Bernie.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Mach2

They did not care who won. Their objective was to sow discord among the American population. Period. By being blinded by party politics.....

You left out , "With Trump's help", I think it is yourself who is blinded, or just making stuff up...Trump has sown plenty of discord on his own....."If you can hear me Russia" ...just as well for him there isn't a real war on with Russia.

The russians didnt care who won. they just wanted disruption. they were going to expose hillary if she won for coming to them for opposistion research and setting up bernie to try and collapse the system as a fraud. And if trump won they were to throw a wrench into it and cast doubt on him as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Am I missing something?

Eh? Where does it say Russia wilfully worked to effect the outcome of the 2016 election????

The indictments and the press conference announcing them specifically answers your questions.

www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">13 Russian nationals indicted for interfering in US electionswww.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

If this is all a lie, and is proven after we physically imprison Russian citizens for speaking freely on the internet, then we committed an act of war against the Russian people.

The Russian government would be obligated to respond.

They may a sink a ship in response.

You can not just open up that avenue of misconduct and arrest people you invited into your nation over differences of opinion.

They didnt break our laws if they spoke words. We didnt tell them that they had more restricted liberties than those we have come to expect in their country.

The world would defend them. Or, the world would close its jailhouse doors on our people.

This is the reality of what our domestic opponents fail to grasp.

Everything has consequences.

edit on 2 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Am I missing something?

The indictments and the press conference announcing them specifically answers your questions.

www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">13 Russian nationals indicted for interfering in US electionswww.foxnews.com...

The indictments are against Russians, not Russia. There is no link outlined that implicates the Russian govt or any state entity operating on the behalf of the Russian govt. Maybe I missed it - can you show me where the Russian state is implicated by these indictments?

This is like saying Antifa operatives in the US coordinating to run world events are operating on behalf of the USA.
edit on 16/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You’re correct. What is not being very well defined IS the fine distinction between Russia the country, the Russian government and Russian citizens. Even Trump in his latest tweet (I wish he would stop that) calls out “Russia” not the Russian citizens that were indicted.

I understand the arguments on all sides. I just don’t think we know now or will ever be able to prove that the citizens worked at the behest of the government.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You'd think so and yet the fed and wall street have obliterated our financial markets and periodically get bailed out. No one of significance has gone to jail.

edit on 16-2-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

You’re correct. What is not being very well defined IS the fine distinction between Russia the country, the Russian government and Russian citizens. Even Trump in his latest tweet (I wish he would stop that) calls out “Russia” not the Russian citizens that were indicted.

I understand the arguments on all sides. I just don’t think we know now or will ever be able to prove that the citizens worked at the behest of the government.

That's part of the folly of this whole thing. I have no doubt that the Russian govt do actually interfere all over the world, as do the US, and the UK, and China and... and...

In every election cycle, if this were REALLY headline-grabbing news, we'd have seen the same media storm, but we haven't. This time around there is one difference - the media and globalists in Washington didn't get who they wanted.

I have little doubt that if there was a real investigation into interference, hundreds would be indicted from many countries around the world.. crikey, if i am not mistaken China actually hacked the US govt to get employee records not so long ago.
edit on 16/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

The worlds high finance and banking class is the damned elephant in the room.

Can we now indict and prosecute members of the Federal reserve, world bank, and other members of global and national financial institutions for conspiring to commit high crimes against the state by PERSONALLY agreeing with questionable practices in their business?

Are they liable as individual people now with no protections or connections to the source of their strong and accepted opinions about their role in society?

edit on 2 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join