It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palos Heights Student Arrested After Posing With AK-47 Online

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

shooting is a sport, not just for hunting, its also a hobby. I tear mine apart, clean em, rebuild them...train to improve my skill (a very zen artform to do well).

Why own an AK..well again, they are legal, semi auto not full auto and theyre a hoot to shoot. If the teen has guidance and been to a range safety/ gun safety course...I dont have a problem with it.

Shhoting events and leagues are all over the place, think Olympics...those kids probably got their start around 7 or 8

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
More importantly is did he have a MAGA hat on?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Thats a little over board dont you think?
You better believe I have sent photos of the rifle I just built, Im rather proud of the build and its accuracy.

I also sent pics to people of the new chicken coop I built, pretty proud of it too, and my birds love crappin all over it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OK thanks for all the replies, it's a sports/hobby thing. I assumed all AK47's were fully auto, you learn a new thing everyday.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

omg do they know how many kids I know from around the age of 8 that pose with their fire arms? 1st deer, turkey, target...

since when is posing with a fire arm illegal? wtf

Yeah that’s so cool... but we’re they AK47’s?

Jeez.... This made me laugh out loud. What the hell does it matter?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

But it's also good to keep in mind that you can machine the parts yourself and have a legally owned ak that's not registered. Even then, I believe it's still required to be semi auto either way though (not saying any of that is the case here with this Chicago student)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
isn’t chicago really strict about firearms in general?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes.

I think simply possessing a semi-auto rifle of the type that's been reported is a crime in itself, but I'm not positive.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm no expert on Chicago or Illinois law, but the article did state that the firearm was legally owned by an adult.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Hmmm...

Let me think, because they want to?

Need is not a requirement. Irregardless of what some folks seem to think.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In Chicago? I was not aware of that...of course, with the many draconian, or semi-draconian, laws in Chicago small wonder I can't keep track.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

omg do they know how many kids I know from around the age of 8 that pose with their fire arms? 1st deer, turkey, target...

since when is posing with a fire arm illegal? wtf

Yeah that’s so cool... but we’re they AK47’s?

Any firearm . Even bows....
What is so elffin bad or different with an AKM of any type ? Or AKM versus Armalite of any type ? Or AKM and Colt .45 pistol ? How bout an AKM and a 50 lb pull recurve ?
How about , ermmm - NOTHING.
That's your answer.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The real AK 47's are machine guns. The earlier SKS's didn't even have detachable magazines. Sooo, we made new bottom metal, and detachable magazines, to make them look like AK's. Then pseudo AK's in semi auto mode have been made to sell here. In the M.E. you would still buy the real AK's.

But a 45 Thompson Gun will burn through $200 worth of commercial ammo in five minutes. New barrels come pretty soon, too. A full auto AK would wipe out it's barrel very quickly. That little round is loaded right up to 50,000 C.U.P., the same as for the larger 8mm Mauser military ammunition. The original German 8mm Kurz, was supposed to be good out to 400 meters or so. The smaller 7.63 AK round will be good for a little less, with their pointed, Spitzer, bullets.

They are 50% of WWII, full size, and full powered, infantry rifle cartridges. Our much smaller 30 M.1 carbine round, is only loaded to about 42,000 C.U.P. and it uses a round nosed FMJ bullet, which doesn't tip over in flesh. It's only marginally good for 300 yards. On windy days, our M-16's run out of steam beyond 300 yards. If they hit you at 600 yards, they will kill, but first they have to hit Ya!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Cook Country Illinois, I do believe most or all semi-auto rifles not of the lever or bolt action variety are prohibited weapons. It is not so much an age restriction, as a general possession of prohibited weapon type of thing. I find it strange though that people would make a stink about this when only the name of a school was in the caption. When I mentioned the MS-13 gang member who drew an image of a school burning with flames and dead people everywhere and sent it in with a student's homework in north Florida, people were actually defending that as free speech?

Yea, tragedy changes minds real fast don't it? Maybe that incident was a warning for a later event...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Hmmm...

Let me think, because they want to?

Need is not a requirement. Irregardless of what some folks seem to think.

Based on that logic should everyone be allowed to do what they want to, when they want to?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Thanks for the explanation I appreciate it, and my first thought is that ww2 must have been scary as hell for those involved.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Walder said he knew of at least three photos the suspect had shared on Snapchat — one with just a gun, one where he is holding the gun and one where he is holding the gun with a caption that mentions Shepard High School. The caption of the photo that mentioned Shepard did not contain an explicit threat to shoot up the school, Walder said, but he took it as a direct threat against Shepard.

For the sake of everyone, police included for doing their jobs, they should have paid him a visit and see what’s going on. Hell maybe even search the residential space of where the photo was taken, and the kids home. The caption part of the school is what got The kid here.

Too much action was taken, but he will be fine. This is a better reaction then no action. I’m not saying he should be charged but, this is better than the usual, now go get it right the next time...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

a reply to: aethertek

Thats a little over board dont you think?
You better believe I have sent photos of the rifle I just built, Im rather proud of the build and its accuracy.

I also sent pics to people of the new chicken coop I built, pretty proud of it too, and my birds love crappin all over it.

Did you send pics of your guns with captions of a schools name to be interpreted nefariously?
That’s the part why he got into trouble... deserves a visit and maybe a search but not charged.

is that a semi auto chicken coop though? You better hope you don’t mess with the firing pens!

Lol
edit on 16-2-2018 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The kid is an idiot if he posed with the school in the background. He needs to be punished if for nothing else than bad taste after what's happened just this week.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Yes. Yes, they should, with the sole proviso that it harms no one.

Essentially, it boils down to mind your own damned business, unless someone is getting hurt by it. Is that too complicated?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join