It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Florida high school

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: aethertek
So this is the fourth school shooting this year?

On Ash Wednesday no less, I guess all those thoughts & prayers offered after the last shooting must have been ignored by their god.

K~

17th if I am correct

Damn really?

What is going on with the rabble?

K~

Yep you're right, 18.

There have already been 18 school shootings in the US this year

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 14-2-2018 by aethertek because: link

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

It hasn't been tried yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: whywhynot

You obviously didn't read the source in the OP because it clearly says a tank was present. Apparently that's not true so screw me for reading the quote and reacting to it, right?

I did read OP CNN link. Your proble is you must not have read the link. In the CNN link the word tank doesn’t aaappear once! CNN, such an unreliable source.

I did see where the OP’s quote contained info that a tank was present but I always try to review the link. My bet is that sometime after the CNN article was first published CNN edited out the tank. Typical!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: roadgravel

That's what I'm thinking. Graduated woefully unable to handle life, and life kicked him hard. So he strikes back.

I'm surprised more aren't like this...

TheRedneck

Lots of issues, topics, threads.

But your post stuck with me.

Are we really, truly preparing our children for adulthood?

Could this be (in part) a cause for much of this?

An infantile/juvenile reaction to typical adult life trials and tribulations.

Things you and I may brush off, dismiss or handle, appears to devastate more and more of these "so-called" adults.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

“He’s been a troubled kid, and he’s always had a certain amount of issues going on,” the boy explained. “He shot guns because he felt it gave him, I guess, an exhilarating feeling.”

The shooter — identified as Nicolas Cruz, 19 — had been banned from carrying a backpack on campus due to his alleged issues, the Miami Herald reports.

“There were problems with him last year threatening students,” he said. “I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

NYPost

Coward attacked the freshmen area.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: JFA13
a reply to: opethPA

It was reported that there was a tank on the scene. I have not seen a tank in any of the footage but it was again report that there was a tank.

This report came from the same "journalists" who think my Ruger AR-556 is 37 times deadlier than an AR-15.

These people don't have the slightest clue what they're reporting most of the time. These assholes see an armored vehicle and just call it a tank, and that's actually them showing restraint because they're so intimidated they wanted to call it a #ing aircraft carrier.

And, in the same vein people feel like they should make comment on what the correct police response should be but they have no education, training or experience in law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wtf's wrong with you people...

Why would you discount someone's God in a time of need? ..Someone offering a solution/hope to another poster who said nothing could stop these shootings.

If it doesn't apply to you, let them be.

...or, you'd be wiser to listen to them (imo).

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's what I'm thinking. Graduated woefully unable to handle life, and life kicked him hard. So he strikes back.

I'm surprised more aren't like this...

TheRedneck

Agreed and certainly a big part of it along with not teaching personal responsibility, participation awards and 6 different bathrooms to accommodate how a person identifies on a particular day.

I mean what a load!
edit on 14-2-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We are a society, we should hold ourselves higher than killers and stand by our convictions that nobody has the right to say who should live and who should die.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..."

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe it's a large part of the problem. Participation trophies, grades given just because someone showed up, passing from one grade to the next without regard to what was actually learned... life will never work that way outside the controlled school environment. And who cares about these kids when they leave unprepared for reality? Not the school's problem anymore.

It's looking to me like it may be the school's problem after all.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: Soulece

So this is the fourth school shooting this year?

On Ash Wednesday no less, I guess all those thoughts & prayers offered after the last shooting must have been ignored by their god.

K~

17th if I am correct

Damn really?

What is going on with the rabble?

K~

Yep you're right, 18.

There have already been 18 school shootings in the US this year

abcnews.go.com...

I'm hesitant to waste my time, I should just go back into my hole, I know better than to participate here.

But be careful of those stats, and who is pushing them. I clicked the link, then clicked the source "everytown for gun safety" a known gun grabbing bloomberg front(IIRC).

I didn't check all of them, but the first three random ones I clicked on are as follows.

Minnesota:
"A school liaison officer was sitting on a bench talking with some students when a third-grader pressed the trigger on the officer's holstered weapon, causing it to fire and strike the floor. The holster was equipped with a trigger guard designed to prevent such accidental discharges, so the department is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the event."

Michigan:
"A 31-year-old man pulled into the parking lot of East Olive Elementary School and called 911, saying he was suicidal and had a handgun. For several hours a negotiator, dispatched to the scene, spoke with the man, who was a military veteran with PTSD. But the man shot himself and died from his injuries. The school was closed at the time."

Michigan:
"Two individuals became involved in an altercation during a basketball game at Dearborn High School. School officials removed them from the building, but one of the individuals was then shot at from a moving vehicle in the parking lot. No injuries were reported."

It's a garbage stat, it's mentally reaching at what a "school shooting" is, at best. It's downright anti constitutional authoritarian garbage at worst.

That's my contribution for the next few months.
edit on 14-2-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

link   
Rumors on reddit is that be was ROTC and that when he was in school he repeatedly broke toilets, bathrooms and classroom windows.

It sounds like most people knew who he was based on his past history.

Sounds like he's always been troubled.

These are just unverified reddit comments , though.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
This guy snapped people had done him some concieved wrong or did provoke him to do this. That can't get him. For more then felony manslaughter

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

they arent real tanks,they tend to be APC like vehicles . its not like they have "main guns" like you see in war movies

www.policeone.com... they ususly are but not always "bear cats"

en.wikipedia.org... they can be used to evacuate people in hostile situations and breach walls with out having to worry about most forms of gun fire

BearCats are typically referred to by law enforcement agencies as being "armored rescue vehicles"[15] with their primary use being to transport tactical (SWAT/Special Reaction Teams) officers to and from hostile situations and to assist with the recovery and protection of civilians in harm's way during terrorist threats, hostage incidents, or encounters with large gatherings of aggressors.[16][17] The Bearcat is designed to provide protection from a variety of small arms, explosives and IED threats.[16] Like its larger cousin the B.E.A.R, the Bearcat is able to be fitted with the "MARS" Mobile Adjustable Ramp System which allows tactical officers to gain entry to elevated platforms such as second story windows or aircraft.[18][19] Lenco BearCats have been credited with saving the lives of officers in armed confrontations on numerous occasions. In 2010 in Athens, Texas an armed offender fired more than 35 rounds from a semi-automatic AK-74 rifle at tactical police. Not one round penetrated the Bearcat.[20] In June 2012 a BearCat, belonging to the Central Bucks Emergency Response Team, took 28 rounds from a "high-powered rifle" during a siege with no rounds penetrating the vehicle.[21] In November 2015, a BearCat was used by police to rescue civilians during the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting.[22] The Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Bearcat was shot between four and seven times with a rifle during an incident on December 29, 2015. Sheriff Whetsel was quoted as saying the Bearcat saved the Deputies' lives.[23] On June 12, 2016, a Bearcat was used to breach Pulse nightclub after a gunman shot and killed 49 club goers and injured 53 others.
not just America uses them other nations use them for riot control and occasionally outfit them with fire hoses or other less then lethal options

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on that proverbial limb and type that the suspected shooter was on Bath Salts or similar.. Watch when the cops are putting them in the car and then moments later they took him to a medical center before jail..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just saw Phil Mudd break down live on CNN.. They had to cut away from him.

Never seen that - crazy.. He's always been overly tough acting.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
a reply to: Edumakated

We are a society, we should hold ourselves higher than killers and stand by our convictions that nobody has the right to say who should live and who should die.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..."

That is all well and good, but life is not rainbows and unicorn tears. Some people are so sick in the brain, all we can do is to put them down. What purpose does it serve to put one of these wack jobs behind bars for a lifetime? If anything that is more cruel imho.

I love dogs, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't put down rabid ones.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just read several dead

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yeah let's bring politics into this....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I'm going to go out on that proverbial limb and type that the suspected shooter was on Bath Salts or similar.. Watch when the cops are putting them in the car and then moments later they took him to a medical center before jail..

I think thats because he was acting irrationally during his apprehension. I guess he was kicking and screaming and talking to himself. Might just be a psychotic break.
But, it is Florida, so bath salts may be at play as well.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join