It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just fell on the ice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029

I think I found a video of the OP... it's going viral too.

I gave him a 6.7, dismount was off a little! 

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Man, I hear ya. I am so over winter. I want it gone. Just outta here.

The other day, I was leaving the house to go to the bus stop. The temp was well below -21C and much snow had fallen and was still falling when I stepped off the bottom step of the porch. Totally underestimated the depth on the ground and fell forward into a mound of snow. My bag full of work gear landed in the bank and filled with snow, one of my boots came off and filled with snow. I just about lost it with frustration. My hands and feet were nothing but ice blocks at that point.

By the time I finally got off the bus near my work, all that snow in my bag had melted and my uniform was wet and so was my sock. To add insult to injury, it was so blasted slippery that I fell 2 more times before I managed to get to the store. You guessed it. More snow in my bag. Twisted my ankle and tweaked my back. That was a miserable 8 hours of work.

Winter can get stuffed.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great thread and flag for posting. I'm in Austin and we don't see to much ice which is fine for me as we just put in a pool to deal with summer heat. I've slipped on the ice in Dallas, Seattle and Germany and they can keep it. When it hits now I just start up the gas log and turn on Dish. Others can deal with slip, kaboom and ouch. Stay warm and my best,

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Learn how to skate, you'll never fall again.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Wish i could trade places with you,i would love to live in a snowy icy climate.Here in this region of South Africa we have been sweltering for months now,with humidity levels so high it makes me physically sick.I have to spend most of the day on my bed under a ceiling fan,plus a floor fan blowing on me.Lots of bugs,lots of snakes,just perfectly perfectly Horrid

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have 2 left feet as it is, "tripping over invisible ants", as my husband likes to call it, so it's a no-brainer that I always find the hidden ice patch, too. I've done the splits countless time, pulled several unintentional pratfalls of both the ass end & bellyflop-style variety, including ending up flat on my back with my (thankfully very lightweight) snow thrower still in hand, also upside down. Granted that could have been a medical emergency disaster, but the fact it's so lightweight and it went opposite of me when I fell probably was the big help there.

Oh, and that's just this winter for me so far. It's par for the course, I play Ice Rink Slip-N-Slide anywhere, and do it every year. I still wouldn't move back south to have no wintery stuff, it's not worth the trade-off to me. Dry, cool northern summers (save for the one week it gets above 85, lol) is what makes putting up with winter so well worth it for me.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

not sure on your financials but dehumidifiers are cool. Cool like ice water.

my weather here goes day to day sometimes from 20F to 70F.....

quit messing with me so hard lol. I got sick twice this year and i never get sick.. Now i cant say that...

we are now averaging 70F but it also snows in march sometimes. Who knows.. Im in the south of america so you dont have to tell me about humidity. its horrific. we once moved to another town and it was 104F and 95% humidity on move day.. wtf!?

i learned a lot of patience from stuff like that. tempers flare.. everything, its just too uncomfortable. my calm was my only refuge. my mom being hippie girl meant no AC, but open windows and fans, and if any screen had a hole? welcome the insect hordes haha.
edit on 11-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I like winter for the most part. Although ice is a PITA and I've had my share of falls, most notably on occult ice...bruised my tail bone!!!!
Taught me to be much more careful!!!!

I like the seasons tbh.
And I HATE humidity.
So....I deal with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

I rarely laugh my as off anymore, but THAT was good. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sprinkle a lot of salt on your driveways ,walkways and stairs !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join