It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the living stumps 1966 newport oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
INTRODUCTION
another bizzare account of an even more bizzare entity
CASE

According to Jim Brandon’s 1978 book about odd encounters, “Weird America: A Guide to Places of Mystery in the United States,” on the night of April 5, 1966, just outside the small coastal city of Newport, Oregon, a 16 year-old girl by the name of Kathy Reeves, along with an unnamed friend, had a run-in with a drove of creatures so strange they almost defy description. flashlightOn the night in question the duo were walking toward Reeves’ home when they suddenly sensed that someone — or something — was following them under the cover of darkness. The girls whirled around to see what they described as something akin to a “flashlight with a cover over the end.” Reeves and her friend, believing that they were being tailed by a prankster attempting to frighten them — and showing a hell of a lot more courage then I would have in a similar plight — began to pick up rocks from the roadside and hurl them at their unseen stalker. It was then that the relatively dim light was extinguished and an array of much more intense beams were switched on, enveloping the now petrified girls. In the flash of illumination the teens claimed they saw “an indistinct dome-shaped object” set on the road behind them, which looked as if it were “as high as a room.” This strange dome — which is not unlike the one described by Spanish farmer John Mateu on August 16, 1968 — was surrounded by lights and billows of smoke, which gave off a “ruddy glow” as if the object were on fire. The once daring girls, now understandably overwhelmed by the irrationality of the object confronting them, hastily dashed away from the thing, desperate to make it back to Reeve’s parent’s home without further event… they would not be so lucky. As the terrified girls sprinted around the corner in a desperate bid to distance themselves from the smoke shrouded dome, they were stopped dead in their tracks by an even more disturbing vision. Cutting across their path, and heading over a paddock that led toward the domed object, were three alien entities that that nearly shattered the teens’ already precarious notion of reality. When later interviewed by Deputy Sheriff Thomas W. Price and local media outlets, Reeves would describe the creatures as resembling three, headless, armless, “little tree stumps” that scuttled across the road on spider-like appendages that resembled “tap roots.” It’s worth mentioning here that these creatures bear at least a superficial resemblance — especially when considering the dark conditions under which they were observed — to the ALIEN OCTOPOIDS that were reported by the aforementioned John Mateu in 1968. As if that weren’t quite bizarre enough, Reeves would go on to say that the creatures were clad in multicolored outfits that were “orange, blue, white, yellow, and watermelon-colored.” The girls stared in stunned disbelief as the speedy, though silent, entities scampered over the crest of the field and out of sight. The teens’ terrified shrieks cut through the blackness as they dashed for safety in what must have seemed to be the longest run of their young lives.

source-www.cryptopia.us...
COMMENTS BY HUMANOIDLORD
just like my last thread here we have an unique sighting, nothing like this has ever been reported in the history of ufology
the overwhelming strangeness of the case also give it an odd interdimensional quality
so an bizzare hoax or an real sighting?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Some of the reports of incredibly bizarre creatures are actually more believable than reports of humanoids in a way.
I believe I've heard one of what appeared to be a giant three-armed carrot.
The gods must be crazy.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I believe I've heard one of what appeared to be a giant three-armed carrot.
The gods must be crazy.

"Gods" with flashlights, ummm...

nvm

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

You have to listen to these stories on youtube. Talk about weird, the first guy talks about a planet with nothing but gulping necks !! Yes, gulping necks !!

Alien Abduction Stories on Youtube

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

wow where did you read that one?
but yeah i agree with you, those reports are always more believable than the more mundane ones

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

sounds like just up my alley
will listen!

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

uhhh i am sorry but that is an satirical youtube channel

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hell of an excuse for getting home late. I doubt if their parents bought that excuse. I bet a lot of people were chuckling about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

In real terms, here on Earth, octopussies are darn intelligent, and we should care more them. Quit eating them in the first place.

Scientific American on octopussies

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Aliens are just deep sea creatures that fell into a wormhole and came out in the sky. Thats why they be crashing, their ships are submarines, not air ships.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

edit on 11-2-2018 by AdKiller because: Retardo software

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

the explain how this ended in an serious ufological book?
there must be some truth behind it

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

i have heard somewhere that the octupuses are gonna fit the sentient animal niche when humans inevitably kill themselves

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

well thats one hell of an thing to say without context!

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sorry, I figured it would fit right in with those migratory meat stumps.....

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting sighting. I have not heard of this one before. Alien octopids? That description too would be a first to me. Sounds something like one of the aliens in the show "Falling Skies," then.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How this tale of stump like creachers walking around got in a Ufological book kind of stumps me.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

no worries

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

the alien octopoids can be found in a link in the article

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

maybe because of the dome-like ufo?