It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to build base in Northeast AFGHANISTAN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
www.wearethemighty.com...

Came across this article stating that the Chinese government are planning to build a 'secret' base in Afghanistan. Within the region that boarders Pakistan. Obviously we all know about the close (ish) relationship between Pakistan and China.

This gives China a foothold in the Middle East and also pushes their global power image too challenge the USA and what a good place to potentially start, at the site of the endless war in Afghanistan.

-China have denied the base.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
When we "cant" quit being IMPERIALISTS then how can we NOT expect to inspire everyone else to try to be also???
edit on 10-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/2018 by seagull because: fixed a slight coding issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well it ain't a secret base if it is being talked about on the internet, but hey ho.

The question is "why" and "what would be gained" from such a thing? This leads me to conclude it's a hoax. Afghanistan is soiled goods.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well it ain't a secret base if it is being talked about on the internet, but hey ho.

The question is "why" and "what would be gained" from such a thing? This leads me to conclude it's a hoax. Afghanistan is soiled goods.

Don't China need the precious Earth metals or something along those lines from Afghanistan? Afghan's like the Joburg of 100 years ago for the mines

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Question the source

Raw Sauce
edit on 10-2-2018 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yah, consider the 'Sources'.

Like the sources that say Solomons temple is going to be rebuilt that will presage Armageddon or whatnot, another prophetic 'Milestone' is the Kings of the East (read that China) are supposed to swoop into the ME. This has to do with the Euphrates drying up or some such and also the route the Chinese would take if they did invade by land: The Khyber Pass in Afghanistan.

So rumors they are going to build a base in Eastern Afghanistan is the same 'hopeful sign' among Christian "End Times" Prophecy circles as rebuilding Solomons Temple in Israel.

Khyber Pass

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393
a reply to: intrptr

1. Afghanistan isn't in the "Middle East", it's in Central Asia.

2. Afghanistan and China share a border.

3. The hypothetical base would be around the Wakhjir Pass, which is the area that links the 2 countries.

4. If there is going to be a Chinese base there, then the real issue is whether they were invited or not. If so, then it's none of our business because sovereign nations have the right to invite other countries into their territory. And if not, then we still have no moral high ground there because we invaded them in 2001 and still haven't left yet (and without their permission, at that).

And as for this:

another prophetic 'Milestone' is the Kings of the East (read that China) are supposed to swoop into the ME.

Did you already forget the Silk Road? It lasted for something like 1,500 years, was around into the 1400s AD, and actually expanded into "Middle Eastern" countries. If that supposed prophecy was real, then why would it skip such a massive part of history?
edit on 10-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: punctuation fail (facepalm)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Presumably China can't actually build this base without the permission of the Afghans. Since I'm sure the Afghans would make a hell of an uproar if they did.

As far as i'm concerned China and Afghanistan can make whatever deals together they want. None of my concern.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Presumably China can't actually build this base without the permission of the Afghans. Since I'm sure the Afghans would make a hell of an uproar if they did.

As far as i'm concerned China and Afghanistan can make whatever deals together they want. None of my concern.

so....how many s**thole countries would China and Russia have to have "bases" in, for it to become your concern....5, 10, 30......when is that "oh s**t" moment for you?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

so....how many s**thole countries would China and Russia have to have "bases" in, for it to become your concern....5, 10, 30......when is that "oh s**t" moment for you?
What is the concern exactly? China and Afghanistan can do whatever they agree upon.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Meh, welcome to the graveyard of empires. 'Cept China isn't an empire.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Dbl post.
edit on 10-2-2018 by Arnie123 because: ERROR

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Never. If other countries want to come to agreements like that with Russia and China then that is their right.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

For now, it isn 't an Empire, but there will be a time when they will dominate Asia.A Harvard Professor once called for China to take over all of Korea and throwing out the Americans in exchange for solving the nuclear threat and taking out Fat Boy.
edit on 2/10/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Depends what you mean by empire.

All of it's land claims are based upon the days of Imperial China... If it was once an empire and it's nearly been reformed to it's former glory, then what does that make it?

Anyways I don't think the 21st century definition of empire is anything like that of past centuries.

China is an empire, just like the US is.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
All part of the new silk road. Max from the Crowhouse has been talking about this for some time now.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sorry about glib ignorant comment earlier . If BRICASTI gets to have all of central asia to itself , that could mean the final end of us or western world dominance is imminent whenever that may be , perhaps 3-9 or 15 yrs time . Maybe less . Maybe already
While Turkey has got on board with them very recently , the confliction between the 2 co-op organisations currently turning syria including kurdistan into a warming hot zone , over pipe access at the med , or so we're told. Making friends of the afghans on another front makes good sense in the scenario

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
one belt one road

soft power

projecting power

The US turns countries into rubble. China shows up and rebuilds them. Soft power is an alternative to projecting power.

This base could be a "man camp" for a construction project.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Calm down, Hillary. The Chinese have already established a presence in Africa that will never go away. I'm far more concerned about the island-building in the Spratlys than I am in a border presence in Afghanistan. I assume, if at all true, that it is part of an agreement with Afghanistan similar to their infrastructure projects in Pakistan. If so, good for the Afghans. They don't care where the money comes from.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The Oh # moment is when you count the number of overseas bases that the USA have.

They are the ones blowing up the world.

P

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join