It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons call for end to 'discrimination' of members.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Painterz
"As an organisation we welcome individuals from all walks of life, of any race, faith, age, class or political persuasion."

So long as you're a man.

It is a FRATERNITY.

and this particular Fraternity pictured in the OP is commonly referred to as the 'Bearers of the GLS'

(GLS: Gmail-Logo-Sash)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: testingtesting

There is a lot of racism in the lodges near me. That and old dusty men with antiquated beliefs.

how do you know that? (honestly curious)
I joined DeMolay at 13 and the masons at 18

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I found a video on how to spot a Mason.

I guess we are taking the mickey outa them and proving them right lol.

#AdoptaMasonNow.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Going around absorbing every deity and religious aspect there ever was, calling it all their own, internal discrimination is about the least of their worries in todays day and age...

SJW's shut down Freemasonry over rampant "Religious Appropriation"

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

There is a lot of racism in the lodges near me. That and old dusty men with antiquated beliefs.

do you think that was the fault of masonry, of just the community as a whole?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I don't know anything more about them than some of our ATS members are a part of the organization- I liked the movie National Treasure, that was an exciting tale- and the local lodge in my town always has spaghetti nights and other food events where the community can get together and share a meal and maybe make new friends.... Or just fill our bellies! They seem like very decent people. It also seems like they look out for one another in life and that's nice especially with the way the economy is. Good to have an in.

And that's about all I know, not much! I'm surprised to see this, I didn't realize so many people were negative to them.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Um, that's kind of a secret.....you aren't supposed to speak of that stuff outside of the tyled lodge.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This takes all the fun out of it.

I like when people figure out I worship Lucifer.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

and the local lodge in my town always has spaghetti nights and other food events where the community can get together and share a meal and maybe make new friends....

Careful. I hear instead of using tomatoes, through a process of diabolical alchemy they transform beets and goats blood into "spaghetti sauce". The stuff can clean chrome, eat the paint off a car and suck a golf ball through a garden hose

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
During the Year of the Woman?

Haha, pull the other one.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
suck a golf ball through a garden hose

that wasn't beets my good man, it was a woman named Candy.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Candy... Candy.... Oh my gosh! That was my Papas side chick! I knew gram would have it out for her after he passed. She tasted good though, if it's any consolation.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

Candy... Candy.... Oh my gosh! That was my Papas side chick! I knew gram would have it out for her after he passed. She tasted good though, if it's any consolation.

-Alee

kinky.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think it is both. Our masons came from our community. But it is an easy task to go back and look through the rosters and count the black people who were voted in. Spoilers!! None. As kids in DeMolay, we were always told to blackball any black kids who tried to join. As an adult, we were pressured to blackball any black men who tried to join. At conclaves, (a gathering of many lodges, for degrees, initiations, presentations, and awards, as well as some friendly competition and usually a social dance) there was an unsurprising lack of diversity. Not to mention the open racism, sexism, and tribalism that we were privy too. It is pretty rampant here in the south.

I understand that it is different in some areas, and there is now much more diversity, but i also know that freemasonry today is not the same as when it was still a secret society.

By that, i mean that it is basically scientology, with fraternities full of religious nuts and fanboys.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think it is both. Our masons came from our community. But it is an easy task to go back and look through the rosters and count the black people who were voted in. Spoilers!! None. As kids in DeMolay, we were always told to blackball any black kids who tried to join. As an adult, we were pressured to blackball any black men who tried to join. At conclaves, (a gathering of many lodges, for degrees, initiations, presentations, and awards, as well as some friendly competition and usually a social dance) there was an unsurprising lack of diversity. Not to mention the open racism, sexism, and tribalism that we were privy too. It is pretty rampant here in the south.

I understand that it is different in some areas, and there is now much more diversity, but i also know that freemasonry today is not the same as when it was still a secret society.

was there anything in ANY of the teachings, ritual, floor work, memory work, or any aspect of what you were taught from freemasonry itself that seemed or was racist to you?

I don't doubt what you say, hell, I'm from Eastern NC, and sadly, in the year 2018, there are still racists here, and some are members of my and other lodges. But what I have learned in freemasonry is the exact opposite. In fact, you have to go against what we teach in order to be racist. Meet on the level and part on the square, any man who should need your assistance, those are words that we treat more than just words.

Just my take on things.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ever notice the Google Gmail icon resembles their aprons?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

They are going to host Q&A's? that's gonna end well.

'Is it true that you funded the Saudi's and caused 9/11?'

'Is it true that you are descendants of the Illuminati?'

'Is it true you use fairy blood to conceal your reptilian form?'

Get out your tin foil hats UK, not to protect us from the Masons, but to protect us from the David Icke fans. As kids we had our secret clubs and rites and so do normal adults of both sexes, Freemasonry is a healthy non nefarious grouping of individuals who do serve the community.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That's quite informative, I imagined the best way to spot a Mason was to watch this interesting bit of footage.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

was there anything in ANY of the teachings, ritual, floor work, memory work, or any aspect of what you were taught from freemasonry itself that seemed or was racist to you?

I don't doubt what you say, hell, I'm from Eastern NC, and sadly, in the year 2018, there are still racists here, and some are members of my and other lodges. But what I have learned in freemasonry is the exact opposite. In fact, you have to go against what we teach in order to be racist. Meet on the level and part on the square, any man who should need your assistance, those are words that we treat more than just words.

Just my take on things.
No, there was nothing in the work that was racist, and all of the funds collected from my lodges went straight to the benefit of the community and to the shriners hospital for burned children.

What i saw was a group of unscrupulous business men hiding their misdeeds behind what could be considered an organisation with a good cause. They used their association with the hospital, their churches, and the order to carry their reputation. Or to cover for it. Freemasonry is also great for those types of people who love award ceremonies. Lot’s of those. If you like dressing up, getting awards and having a large group of people clapping for you, that is the group for you. You really don’t have to accomplish much to rise in the ranks. You just have to do what you’re told and remember a few lines.

It is not freemasonry that people don’t like. It is tribal groups of people who swear fealty to eachother and give eachother favor over outsiders. that is the issue. It is a human problem and exists in many forms. (I.e. clubs, gangs, churches, fraternities, political parties, race, gender, religion,)

On the surface, groups like freemasonry are above reproach. Their teachings are considered the apex of moralistic values. Although there are a lot of mystical teachings which make no sense, and the prerequisite belief in gods, which is laughable, but perfectly acceptable in modern society, members are seen as great men, and so these groups attract people who need to be associated with this image and use it and each other as armor against outsiders.

The good that they promote is public and loud, but the bad they do is subtle, private, and amongst each other personally outside of lodge dealings. That is the nature of all “in groups.” Most lodge attendees join for the comradery, they have limited involvement with the dealings inside the lodge, and practically no understanding of the upper administration. They simply serve as drones to funnel money upwards.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And the oathes. Constantly with the oathes and the affirmations that you will keep the oathes. That is worth talking about right there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join