It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump was the Secretary General of the U.N.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know, I know, not going to happen. If I recall correctly, one has to be previously appointed as an Ambassador to the U.N. to qualify for the post. Trump certainly would have a hard time putting up with the U.N. as just another 'Ambassador'.

It is one of those passing thoughts I am afflicted with on occasion.

Considering the estrogen laden SGs we've been saddles with, the thought of an actual leader, an actual 'man' running the U.N., could that organization actually become an asset? Instead of MAGA, or rather following MAGA, we had 'make the world great'?

He would need not only the ability to compromise, he would also have the ability to NOT compromise. To honestly address corruption and the vested interests. While it doesn't mean it has to be Trump. Merely someone with similar qualities. (Damned if any name comes to mind, off the top.)

Ok. It's fiction and some will 'perturbed off' by the very concept....still, an interesting number of scenarios come to mind...

Thoughts?
edit on 7-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The U.N. is corrupt! It needs fixing. Trump would do a great job as I am sure others would.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
The U.N. is corrupt! It needs fixing. Trump would do a great job as I am sure others would.

If he pulls it off in D.C.. He'd be first choice, I'd imagine. He'd likely rule against the U.S. if he thought it was the right thing to do...I imagine.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
MEGA! Make Earth Great Again!

First thing we need to do is build orbital batteries to stop all those illegal aliens from entering our atmosphere.

Then we need to re-negotiate that trade deal with the Grays. We should be getting more technology and allowing less abductions. That was the worst trade deal in the history of intergalactic trade deals.

I like Pleadians, though, and they like me. They don't mind it when I grab them by the test tubes.

And let's stop sending people to the secret Mars colony. Let's keep those jobs right here on Earth.
edit on 7-2-2018 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Not bad...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What if Trump was the Secretary General of the U.N.?

Russia would have been accused of rigging the election.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Never take the job, theres no power behind the UN. In the US he can launch Cruise Mssiles, drop MOABs on people. In the UN he could only make recommendations.

Imagine a petty tyrant with petty powers.

Thats right, fall down, kicking the floor, biting the carpet, childish temper tantrums.

I wan my mother of bombs, bwahhhh....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Actually, a fair point. Not much power outside how the organization is run.

His game plan would have to be articulated clearly and in advance of his 'election'. One assumes if he received a mandate, changes would be part of the plan.

Yes, potential use of MOABs would be part of the game change. They tend to be more effective than spit-balls.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would hope this could never come true as Trump would :
Get the US out of the UN and get the UN out of the US
Piece of trash organization...
Once used the premise of starving , sick children for their own personal bank accounts.
No other country wanted it. Why the US ?
The US is easily ripped off ?
Maybe one day someone will pull a Silverstein and "pull it".
Ahhh , a glorious day when you hear the demolition crew yell "fire in the hole"

End Rant
As you may be able to tell , I am not a fan of agencies or groups that have complete and full 100% corruption

edit on 2/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

NO!

Just bulldoze the UN bldg into the East River and make something more useful out of the space, like a garbage dump or a parking lot.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

My fear has always been Obama as head of UN!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

NO!

Just bulldoze the UN bldg into the East River and make something more useful out of the space, like a garbage dump or a parking lot.

Yet we never signed onto the World Court either. That body assumes jurisdiction over the U.S.. Withdraw from the U.N. and that body will also assume jurisdiction over the U.S....now without veto power.

The only way we maintain what we have is due to military strength, pure and simple.

To leave the U.N. without a very strong new coalition, say, Russia, China and the U.S., opens the door to very unpleasant possibilities.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

My fear has always been Obama as head of UN!

[/quote

Mine was if HRC won the election, she'd appoint slick Willey as Ambassador to the U.N., thereby opening the door to him getting the SG slot....

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

UN has a puny force of impartial vehicles to 'peace keep'. Its a facade, US uses UN resolutions as mandate to conquer nations unjustly. They don't have an actual army to dispatch.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

NO!

Yah, what the hell, talking peace is overrated.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

NO!

Yah, what the hell, talking peace is overrated.

What can you do, some people just Want to watch the world burn.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

UN has a puny force of impartial vehicles to 'peace keep'. Its a facade, US uses UN resolutions as mandate to conquer nations unjustly. They don't have an actual army to dispatch.

LOL. Name the nations conquered unjustly by the U.S. via the U.N.?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

UN Sanctions and Resolutions for "Humanitarian Interventions" turned to regime change for unjust reasons are numerous. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria are the most recent.

edit on 8-2-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

All the child nations living on the red plains?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

UN Sanctions and Resolutions for "Humanitarian Interventions" turned to regime change for unjust reasons are numerous. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria are the most recent.

Glib response. You know it. I know it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join