It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the world be like without religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's a thought. What would the future be like if organized religion fails to keep its followers? Will we really have chaos and an immoral life and live like homosexuals?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
PEACE

What if?

Why don't we reconcile Religion and Science Internally and Externally, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, as in Ancient Times?

I see that your S.N. is I_s_i_s.

If people would really apply the esoteric significance of Auset to their lives from moment to moment; there would indeed be peace.

We wouldn't have to worry about such foolishness as Atheistic Materialism VS. Religious Fanaticism.

Do the knowledge:

www.aasorlando.org...

www.egyptianyoga.com...

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh here, check this out.

www.aasorlando.org...

AUSET

METU NETER Vol.1, Pg. 233-235

The Goddess Auset is the embodiment of those intuitive and instinctive faculties that lay deep within our psyche, governing our ability to care for and nurture others. People in whom this faculty is strongly developed are very protective, caring and nurturing. These qualities, amongst the Kamitians and other Africans, were most desirable in mothers and wives.

In traditional African culture, social role models are based on organized laws that take in and integrate all aspects of man's being. It is an indisputable fact that women, as a whole, have a lower metabolic rate, and a higher para-sympathetic output than men. Among many functions, the para-sympathetic nervous system governs reproduction, gestation, and the trance states. These are the principles upon which women's roles in traditional African culture are defined. Activities that over stimulate the sympathetic (military, hunting, those requiring psychic aggressiveness), or diminish the capacity of the para-sympathetic functions were discouraged in women. The toll to be paid is in the reduction of the quality of childbearing, social peace and harmony, and spiritual inspiration. The latter is to be understood from the intimate relationship between the para-sympathetic and trance. As religion concerns itself with the inner realm of being, its main means, therefore, is the process of trance. It is a state in which an individual's externalizing faculties are "detached from the will," allowing the focus of consciousness to be internalized. Proficiency in this state of internalized consciousness gives the individual full acquaintance with the metaphysical realm. On one hand, communication becomes possible with the two classes of entities dwelling therein-the "living dead" (ancestors), and the spirits or natural intelligences (angels, deities) that administer the phenomena of the world. On the other hand, first hand knowledge of man's metaphysical vehicles (the deities of the tree of life making up his spiritual being), and his true relation with God, the divine laws, and the world is attained. Participation in African and Oriental rituals will reveal that women in general can enter into the states of trance with greater ease than men. This is why societies that utilize trance working in their religious practices have a greater appreciation and respect for women, and protect their capacity for prophetic inspiration by safeguarding them from such activities as soldiering, policing, etc.

Auset as "Mother of all living things," corresponds to the stage of conception of the will to achieve a specific goal. This conception, the uniting of the will (an image of what is to be achieved) to the life-force, (Ra) is achieved through mediumistic trance. It is interesting to note that in the Kamitic language the word "Tut" means "to clothe", Image, "to beget", etc. Out of ignorance, most of the time that people declare the will to achieve a specific goal they are in a state of externalized consciousness (non-emotional state), or verbalize it, and therefore fail to impress the idea upon the life-force. The same name, "Mother of the Gods and the living", is made for Het-Heru, but her function deals with the gestation of the impregnated idea (daydreams in which we are enjoying the objective). In our discussion of Ausar above, we discussed the origin and meaning of Auset's name. We must add that her "special name" as Khenemet Aunkhet, also conceals the fact that she is also to be invoked through the heka "Aung" (Aunk-note that g and k are interchangeable). In this role she shares many of the attributes of the Dravidian White Tara Goddess who combines both the qualities of Ausar and Auset. This name Khenemet Aunkhet which denotes the Water of life and fertility" is also applied to Het-Heru. As such she corresponds to the Dravidian Green Tara. The healing and fertility giving powers of this heka "Aung Tang" has been proven many times in the Auset and Het-Heru shrines of the Ausar Auset Society.

© Ra Un Nefer Amen

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Samael Aun Weor

The woman, undoubtedly, has the same rights as the man. If we study carefully the word "Elohim," which figures in the Bible, we will find that it is a feminine noun with a masculine plural ending. The exact translation of such noun is "Gods and Goddesses."

A religion without Goddesses is found amidst materialistic atheism, because if Elohim are Divine Androgynous Beings, so-called Gods and Goddesses, I can say that the result is we would be halfway to atheism.

One cannot remove Goddesses from any religion because within us the Divinity is masculine and feminine at the same time.

We are able to deduce from this as a corollary that the woman has the same rights as the man, and that the Intimate Self-realization of the Being is not possible without the union of the separate parts: man and woman. Both united by means of sex, they constitute an ineffable creature, a Creator-Elohim.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would argue that life would be somewhat "reasonable" without religion.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Elaborate reasonable?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Christians make up a very significant portion of the united states population. Likewise do muslims make up a significant portion of the population in the middle east. Those are the two largest global religions, but there are plenty more.

What I am saying when I say reasonable is that I do not believe people that follow religion are reasonable. Is it reasonable to assume that a flood covered the earth and all of its mountains? Is it reasonable to feel that God wants you to kill people of other religions and then he will give you 92 virgins to have your way with? Is it reasonable to shun historical evidence that contradicts your beliefs? Is it reasonable to criticize anything when you do not have evidence to the contrary? Is it reasonable to believe every word of a book that is very old, written by men, translated several times, only to be revised several more times? Is it reasonable to believe a book that contradicts itself on severe regularity?

If religion was to leave the picture, things would be more reasonable. Remember, there is a difference between religion and faith. You can believe in God without religion. Religion is an institution, that indoctrinates those who are either not willing, or too lazy to think for themselves. Considering the large number of people involving these two major religions, I think that the world would be much more reasonable.

Remember, being able to reason means being able to think freely on yhour own. Nomatter how freely you believe you think, if you listen to someone, and believe them without questioning, you are not being reasonable.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yea but that doesn't make sense. The USA is supposed to be one of the few free moral nations on earth, how can this be if its made up of
mostly christians? Doesn't that tell you something?

Anyways, without religion we would be in the hands of scientists, which in fact we are, and we are destroying our own world, cloning lifeless beings, and creating technology that
will desroy us probably within the next 2 or 3 years, truly. Without God intervening we would be completely destroyed by Nuclear holocost which was created
by (free thinkers)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Since I was born in 1963 I not extrememly knowledgeble as too all the facts and the mood during the cold war but I think without God man would have completely destoyed man by now.

Odd

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
if there were no religion...

...well, for one thing, I bet God would be pissed

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now why would you say that? (Edit:Refering to dbrandt)

This is the inferiority complex I am always referring too. If there is a car accident, and a man sees it. He runs to the wreck and sees an infant. He pulls the infant out of the car just an instant before it explodes. The christian logic here is that God saved that child. They would without a doubt say, thank God. When in reality, that man was brave, and risked his own life, something God could never do. He saved that child. If God had a part in it, that man had no choice, and consequently did not have the ability to excercise free will.

The cold war is over now. God wasn't the one who saved us. We did. If you want an individual, many attribute it to the strict nature of Ronald Reagan. None-the-less, it was people who did not kill each other. If god had a part in it, then we really had no choice now did we?

Dbrandt and truth, it makes very much sense. Only an irrational mind that I described above can not see it. You make your own decisions, not God. If god interferes with anything at all on earth that has to do with people, that means someone had no choice, and no free will. That is nonsense. Free and moral nation? We are free, and we are moral. Most of us. Those two points are irrelevant when it comes to reasoning. A world in the hands of religious zealots who run around speaking in tongues and claiming people are possesed by the devil, and feeling the need to kill people of other religions is what will kill us in two to three years.

Sorry to repeat myself, but truth, that is the most insane line of thought I have ever heard. God doesn't push the button, a man does. Are you incompetent? If God was the intervening force, that means a man did not have a choice. You christians sure don't think anything through at all, do you? We had no nuclear holocaust BECAUSE OF PEOPLE. GOOD MORAL PEOPLE. It had nothing to do with god. Please take your irrational thoughts and inferiority complex out of here.

Maybe I should just join you in your flawed vision of reality. Here goes,

Thank god for guiding our lives and subsequently eliminating our free will. Thank you god for making decisions for us that in some cases send us right to hell. I love you so much because you are such a great guy for doing that. I mean, thank you god, for creating hell, and creating me knowing ahead of time that I would be going there by decisions made by you that I had no part in. Thank you for the eternal suffering that none of us can avoid by choice. Thanks for making the decisions for truth to write what she did so I would learn the way.

You people make me sick..... God could play no part in helping us, because if he did, there is NO WAY we could have free will.

[edit on 2/16/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
" I hate you people "

Of course, without even knowing us. see your the kind of soul who judges one christian by alot of hypocritical christians. I don't speak in tounges, some people do this because they
are filled with pride, only a saint who has bore miracles might be able to speak in tounges.

Im a regular quite guy, who can't even spell quite, (don't speak much) type of person who just converted in 1999, and through that hes saved my life, though
im still sturggling, from sin and ive seen him work, truthfully literally through miracles.

How can you not even consider it being true? I mean if you do want peace and love, and he loves you to death, what is the problem? This is how yu will find who is sincere or not, and God knows who is and is not.

Im not a zealot, neither are true christians who have seen miracles.

" People are possesed "

they are. haven't you ever seen people possesed? Gay people are possesed by their ultimate lust Romans 1. Jesus was casting out devils I think 33 percent of the NT.

" Religious zealots killing people of other religions "

than they are hypocrites. Jesus told us to pray fervantly for other peoples conversion not kill people, he even said love your enemies. If Jesus is a zealot than who are you? Do you even love your enemies seapeople? Are you so much of an angel who has
a (clear) mind that you are free from fealing hate, and if not who taught you to love everybody? even your enemies?

But you have judged me already

" I hate you people "

Categorizing me with people you have an image of, which is not me. I wouldnt claim to speak in tounges because I still am not holy enough or kill anybody, yet im mixed with them the hypocrites.

Alot of those people have pride, thinking they are holier than they really are. trust seapeople I probably sin more than you to this day, im probably farther from god than you because ive seen his mirales and still fall into sin through my fault.

But this is what always will happen, the faithful sincere people get thrown in with the hypocrites, and nobody even recognizes the saints who lives and died for christ who gave their life for the poor, sick, and for Christ himself. Only the hypocrites I think so we can get blamed for their actions.

I truly hope you find it in yourself to ask God in private to reveal himself to you, and he will, and if you were ready to seak he would show yu, im telling you he is literaly real nomatter if I believe it or anybody else, ive seen him work in too many lives and his teachings are true.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Here's a thought. What would the future be like if organized religion fails to keep its followers? Will we really have chaos and an immoral life and live like homosexuals?

Live like homosexuals?

Well maybe. But it would be fabulous!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey Hey RANT! NO pickard bashing! He's my heerrroooo! I just absolutely love him.
Homosexuality is just a prefrence...what in the HELL does it have to do with religion and god? I think this is really just a struggle for power. If you stray from the norm you're a heretic, a sinner, a non-believer and you'll DEFINATELY burn in hell! They can't burn you at the stake now so shunning is the next best thing. Puhleeeeez. I dont know if there's enough room in hell. If it exists we're all going there! ALL of us.

if there were no religion...

...well, for one thing, I bet God would be pissed

Maybe he got tired...and wants to go out and play!?

I dont necessarily have to follow a particular religion to be moral and ethical. Where's the connection? Ive only met a very very few good people in my life that would fit the bill to go to "heaven" and none of them believed in religion. Does that make em any less special?
There are many people who do the right thing because we all have that in us. I dont see how the lack of religion can take that away from us.
If religion is abolished the best case scenario --
We all live as brothers and sisters without discrimination.
If there was no religion population control would be one of the biggest problems since we'll be busy growing than killing each other

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Truth,

I will not ever tell you that you are wrong for seeking God. I honestly don't care if you do or not. If, by chance, through the search you take, you are helped, then so be it. I would be happy for you. My brothers have some serious problems that I will not get into. They were doomed to a mierable life. They have now taken up church and a belief system, which in no doubt has helped them dramatically. I have nothing against this.

What I do have something against is intentional lack of logic and reasoning. This is what bothers me about you. Not your beliefs, but rather your refusal to accept reality because of your beliefs.

Do you have free will? Obviously you do. You make decisions every day. You make them on your own, by best using your own reasoning and logic. However, you still, even though you are capable of logic and reasoning, refuse to use it when it comes to your faith. Why on earth anyone would through all they KNOW out the window for something that no matter how much they believe in it is only hope, is beyond me.

George Bush has the power to press a button and blow up the world right now. ( I know there must be some sort of approval process, but that has nothing to do with this point). He didn't press it yesterday. According to you, that is because God saved us. If your theory was correct, then that means when all is said and done, George didn't have a choice.

I heard a very young child on the news yesterday. He had survived surgery removing a huge cancerous tumor and significant other painful treatments. He even nicknamed his tumor charlie. (Freeky, kinda like that movie that just came out huh) Doctors worked hard and long hours to help him. His parents worked as well. He also worked hard to fight through his treatments. Yet, he said, "It was all in Gods hands" on television. Doesn't anyone see something wrong here? If those doctors did not do a great job and go to school for 8 or 10 years he would have died. If his parents were not there supporting him in so many ways, he would have died. If he didn't fight it, he would have died. I just named what amounts to probably 50 HUMANS responsible for him still being alive today. Charlie is gone because of them.

If you enter god into this, what happens? Thank God for saving him and protecting him? If god had a hand in it, that means that the humans were only living life by instruction from god. They had no choices, because if they did make a choice....it would be theirs and not gods ULESS WE HAVE NO FREE WILL! Furthermore, since it is a christian logic to thank god for all his help on these issues, and to trust in GODS PLAN, wouldn't there be more consequences? Like, thank god for not saving the other young cancer patient in the next hospital room.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
in my opinion when the spiritual or god and the rules thereof are removed from life, the next progression is into a cruel and spiritually twisted the ends justify the means system.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Would you explain your reasoning behind the conclusion you made MysticofRadiance?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Now why would you say that? (Edit:Refering to dbrandt)

When in reality, that man was brave, and risked his own life, something God could never do. He saved that child. If God had a part in it, that man had no choice, and consequently did not have the ability to excercise free will.

You don't see the dealings of God in anything and I do. Would every man in the world be brave enough to run and and rescue someone. the answer is no, some are brave some are not. Of course the man had a choice to risk his own life or not. How about since God knows EVERYTHING before it happens the story goes like this. God knows at 10:45 on the 20th of the month that 7 yr. little Susie is going to be involved in an accident. God says no this is not the time for Susie to die. So 44 years before this God had Robert born into the world. God arranged the circumstances of Roberts life so that he learned to think of others before himself. Maybe Robert lost a younger brother and saw the devistation it caused to his parents. Robert was endowed with courage and grew strong. Fast forward 44 years. Susie has just had her accident and Robert "just happens" to be on his way to work and crosses paths with susie at the time of the accident and saves her. Did God interfere with Roberts free will. Absoltutely not. God merely put Robert and Susie in the same place at the same time Knowing Susie would need help. Did Robert have to risk his own life. No, he had a choice, save her or not. He has free will to choose what to do or not to do.

By the way, you do realize it's not just an "accident" that you post on ATS and have interaction with "these christians"!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I heard a very young child on the news yesterday. He had survived surgery removing a huge cancerous tumor and significant other painful treatments. He even nicknamed his tumor charlie. (Freeky, kinda like that movie that just came out huh) Doctors worked hard and long hours to help him. His parents worked as well. He also worked hard to fight through his treatments. Yet, he said, "It was all in Gods hands" on television. Doesn't anyone see something wrong here? If those doctors did not do a great job and go to school for 8 or 10 years he would have died. If his parents were not there supporting him in so many ways, he would have died. If he didn't fight it, he would have died. I just named what amounts to probably 50 HUMANS responsible for him still being alive today. Charlie is gone because of them.

If you enter god into this, what happens? Thank God for saving him and protecting him? If god had a hand in it, that means that the humans were only living life by instruction from god. They had no choices, because if they did make a choice....it would be theirs and not gods ULESS WE HAVE NO FREE WILL! Furthermore, since it is a christian logic to thank god for all his help on these issues, and to trust in GODS PLAN, wouldn't there be more consequences? Like, thank god for not saving the other young cancer patient in the next hospital room.

Do I have the the capacity to be a Dr.. Probably not, not every can go to medical school and come out of it with a degree.

So since God knits together everyone in their mothers womb He gives the capacity to some to have the ability to be a Dr. Has everyone who has ever lived with this type of capacity become a Dr. Probably not Some couldn't afford it, some were born into a different time period, some CHOSE not to go into the medical profession.. But Drs. A, B and C. were given that capacity. All three graduate high school and must now CHOOSE what they want to do with their life. Do I become a veterinarian a boichemist or an accountant or a DR. They CHOOSE to become Doctors.

Now a little boy is born to a man and woman who love him. His dad didn't abandon him and leave his wife and child as others CHOOSE to do. And the boy knows this can happen because it's happened to a couple of his friends. The boy is the parents life.because they have CHOSEN this. They CHOOSE him over other things and love him dearly and he knows this. When the cancer strikes he doesn't want to leave his parents and so all three of them vow to get through this together and remain together.

Now the little boy needs some excellant Drs. and may I add nurses to help Him beat this. Actually, I think the afternoon nurses aid who is 17 and a junior in high school also plays cards with the boy 3 times a week. She wants to be a nurse someday so she is volunteering at the hospital to see if she should CHOOSE this profession. She almost didn't get to work at the hospital because her dad was going to be transferred. But at the last minute he CHOSE not to take the job because he knew his daughter wouldn't have this opportunity in the other town.

So what do we have a boy with cancer who doesn't want to die, 2 parents who don't want to loose their child, 3 Drs. and tons of nurses who paid attention in school and took their studies seriously and a 17 yr old kid who likes everybody and makes friends easily. Ok, at the same these people have made alot of CHOICES in the last 47 years and they all need to be in the same time period and the same town in all the world. Hmmmm, what would be a great guarantee so this little boy makes it through. I know there's a God in heaven who creates people of all sizes, ages and abilities and distributes them throughout the world. And low and behold eveything that was needed for a happy ending because we have a God who cares and some people made good CHOICES.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by dbrandt]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join