It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Committee fundraising hits wall as GOP sits flush ahead of midterm elections

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is not new information but it has recently been recast in a recent article. I see no one disputing the facts. The only spin is that Democrats will receive up for re-election or their initial election will simply receive funds directly from contributors rather from the DNC.

I think that it is extremely harmful to the DNC to be virtually out of funds and their fund raising so depressed. It’s a major huddle for them and I’m not particularly buying their spin about the individual candidates raising enough funds.

Elections need money to be successful and the public hates all of the turmoil caused by the issues of the day.

The DNC’s fundraising challenges have been well known since shortly after the 2016 elections, when President Trump defeated front-running Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. The committee has been rocked by turmoil, including the resignation of chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz amid leaked emails some say showed DNC brass "rigged" the primaries so Clinton would defeat Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Lin k to article

The RNC raised $132 million through last year, double the DNC’s $66 million, which along with group’s minimal cash led The Intercept reporter Ryan Grim, among the first to report the story, to tweet that the DNC is “dead broke.

edit on 4-2-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
they can start a foundation to raise funds to pay bail and for lawyers fees .

may be bit difficult for them to get elected from prison .

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Donors came out of the woodwork when Obeyme ran. They will again if they can find a good candidate.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

The GOP is doing well because they have more wealthy corporate donor money then the DNC. That, and the Koch Bro’s are set to spend at least a half of billion dollars to further their greedy agenda. Yay, let’s celebrate money as free speech, Super PACs, and multi national corporations as people!

America Democracy is dead.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
after pay to play Hillary lost the donations dried up, nobody is going to pay if they can`t play.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Dear Democrats,

It is illegal to throw US currency into a dumpster fire...

Oops, I said “illegal”
Let me try again...
It is “undocumented” to burn US currency...
Hmm, doesn’t have the same effect...oh well, words do matter after all

Anyhow, cry me a river liberals...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The democrats don't need a lot of money, they just need a good winning platform to run on.

I have a suggestion...

We hate Trump!

We are going to find that Trump did something wrong sometime within his life and, we are not going to give up until we do, even if we have to lie some along the way.

We will fight the Trump administration on everything they do... relentlessly.

We hate tax cuts and spending cuts and promise to find ways to take more of your money and spend more money that we don't have.

We want amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants because we really need their votes, we will do anything to get our way. Anything! We want open borders and free immigration and will keep trying to make that happen.

We don't like a booming economy and promise to find more ways to slow it down with higher taxes, more restrictions and regulations and massive bureaucracies.

Please join us, help us make America stupid again.

Vote for us!

Democrats

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The GOP is doing well because they have more wealthy corporate donor money then the DNC. That, and the Koch Bro’s are set to spend at least a half of billion dollars to further their greedy agenda. Yay, let’s celebrate money as free speech, Super PACs, and multi national corporations as people!

The D’s don’t have wealthy corporations that in the past donate to them? Really?

The D’s don’t have the likes of Soros, Gates & Buffet? Really?

And, not celebrating anything, merely pointing out the D’s have got a major issue besides their currently bad publicity.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Land of the Free to do as you are told.

It’s amazing how many people complain about political money, who then celebrate when their team has more political money.

It’s almost as if their antiestablishment persona is just a facade.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Brazille said HRC was bankrolling the DNC a full year before the primary. Of course Bernie wasn't going to win. Anyone that paid into his campaign is a victim of fraud. I'd have serious reservations about donating. She also said Obama financially broke the DNC and HRC was paying it off in minimum installments. It will be interesting to see who they can sucker into footing the bill this time.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Lol.. really?

Like the Dems don't have their deep pockets?

Go look at the last election.

Money is oxygen and blood to a politician.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Of course they do. They followed in the footsteps of R’s because they’d be dumb not to, but that’s no excuse for doing it. Wanna know why American politicans are so corrupt and don’t work for the interests of the American people? It’s because they don’t serve them, only those with the biggest bank accounts. Yet, everyday Americans from both camps mostly don’t realize this or want to fight against money ruining their govt because their news outlets, like the OP: Fox News, doesn’t talk about it and in fact supports it 100%. MSNBC, CNN, Breitbart, Alex Jones, and all the rest don’t talk about it and don’t make it an issue Americans should be concerned with.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

See my above post.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Of course they do. They followed in the footsteps of R’s because they’d be dumb not to, but that’s no excuse for doing it. Wanna know why American politicans are so corrupt and don’t work for the interests of the American people? It’s because they don’t serve them, only those with the biggest bank accounts. Yet, everyday Americans from both camps mostly don’t realize this or want to fight against money ruining their govt because their news outlets, like the OP: Fox News, doesn’t talk about it and in fact supports it 100%. MSNBC, CNN, Breitbart, Alex Jones, and all the rest don’t talk about it and don’t make it an issue Americans should be concerned with.

But your first post was all about how much worse the other side was. I suppose as long as you believe what you are saying, that's all that matters.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I think they realize it more than you give them credit.

www.bloomberg.com...

Scroll to the bottom.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What is the Democrat message?

What is their platform?

Why should anyone donate for an ideology with no message?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Christosterone

Land of the Free to do as you are told.

It’s amazing how many people complain about political money, who then celebrate when their team has more political money.

It’s almost as if their antiestablishment persona is just a facade.

Seeing as how I donate money to Republican causes I’m happy we are doing well..

I don’t give sums of consequence compared to donors like the Koch brothers or George Soros but I give all am capable...

So when I see “my team” winning, I am happy...

And the 2016 election is better than a cowboys super bowl...

The cowboys can’t cut my taxes...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh I definitely believe conservatives are the worst of the two sides.

That said, this thread is about cheering on Republicans for raising more donor money than Democrats, is it not?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Corporate Democrats don’t have one. Hell, the most popular US politician is in their camp and they pretty much ignore him because he’s anti establishment. They’d rather lose to Republicans than support anyone who isn’t for the status quo. And that’s probably because their wealthy donors tell them to do that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The DNC’s fundraising challenges have been well known since shortly after the 2016 elections, when President Trump defeated front-running Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. The committee has been rocked by turmoil, including the resignation of chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz amid leaked emails some say showed DNC brass "rigged" the primaries so Clinton would defeat Sen. Bernie Sanders.

After the GOP (RNC) did that twice to Ron Paul (2008, 2012), and attempted it again to Trump (2016), why should they be getting any more love?

edit on 4-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join