It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the release: what now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I figured this is better than an introduction thread, since nobody really pays any attention to them and this is more pertinent.

Today the Trump Adm. released the memo which contains evidence that the DNC and FBI colluded against Trump, his legitimate campaign and his rights as a citizen. In turn, the media launched nothing less than a blitzkrieg on him, his family, his campaign, his supporters. Anything even remotely connected to trump.

But what now? Now that the memo is out, what can happen? What laws have been broken? Who could be indicted and for what? As someone who is not an American, it is exceptionally hard to actually get any meaningful information about it all. The media, naturally, are not discussing it. Even RT is unusually quiet. This would appear to be the biggest scandal in US politics since 1776, but for those of us outside the US, its hard to understand. Can anyone outline it for those of us who don't understand your systems?

Saxomophone

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Saxomophone

This.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Can anyone outline it for those of us who don't understand your systems?

If you've got money, you can ride. If you don't, then you can walk. If you can, you can also buy a car and drive it yourself.
Welcome to America

edit on 2-2-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
treason charges for everyone involved in overthrowing our elected president and for acting in collusion with the Clinton campaign

everyone involved get's life sentences

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
treason charges for everyone involved in overthrowing our elected president and for acting in collusion with the Clinton campaign

Your way off...lol...there is way more on the Trump Camp, than this "nothing burger" .....

As Comey said "that's it?"

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Pay close attention to what they say, and when they try to slip away and not actually do something call their butts out and vote them out of office.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

if you think the fbi lying to get a warrant which btw is illegal.. is nothing..

than there is something wrong with you, not trump supporters

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

But what now? Now that the memo is out, what can happen? What laws have been broken? Who could be indicted and for what? As someone who is not an American, it is exceptionally hard to actually get any meaningful information about it all. The media, naturally, are not discussing it. Even RT is unusually quiet. This would appear to be the biggest scandal in US politics since 1776, but for those of us outside the US, its hard to understand. Can anyone outline it for those of us who don't understand your systems?

Welcome to ATS... and be prepared for a variety of answers -- many directly contradicting others!

I hope some of our resident legal eagles pop in and give you the legal specifics. I'm not sure what specific laws were broken. I'm looking forward to reading more legal analyses on the specific laws violated in the coming days.

As I understand it, the problem began when the Department of Justice and the FBI knowingly and deliberately used unverified political propaganda for evidentiary purposes in the secret courts which allow spying on foreign spies. And as I understand it, Carter Page was presented as a foreign agent to the FISA court. So they used false evidence in a court of law (a classified court of law with little official oversight, and virtually no public information!) to exploit govt surveillance programs against a political opponent.

And this was compounded when the FBI and Dept of Justice -- and, in fact, many of the same agents -- tried to cover up their actions and refused to provide documents and testimony to the House of Representatives committee investigating their wrongdoing.

At this point, we are still in the "investigating" stage, and it is unknown yet what if any laws have been broken, what evidence they have, what additional evidence of wrongdoings they have found, etc. There is an Inspector General report which is due to be released soon. The Inspector General perhaps has the greatest resources and greatest access to the appropriate and necessary records/documents, and his report will cover more than the narrow focus of the House committee. I believe much of the evidence against wrongdoers will be found in the Inspector General's report. But I don't know that.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I believe that after the Inspector General's report is released early in March, the Attorney General will be forced to appoint a Special Prosecutor for the problems found at the FBI.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don't worry. It's just the same ole USA politico rats chasing each others tails. Yammering away while they are all filthy dirty.

Probably, the same as your government. Just watch all the newly minted poor politicians get rich as time goes on. So how do you suppose that happens?

Trump's a deal maker of the business kind-bumping up against the deal makers and future millionaires of the politico kind.

It's how American economics work.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just remember, the inmates run the asylum here.
So watch your bum because, well, you know....

Good thread topic too.
I look forward to more.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Trump and his camp, were U.S. citizens during all of this, he was not yet president elect for one!

There are holes in this, and it is not treasonous!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Why do you people act like this even remotely changes what has already been discovered? Trumps Camp, were involved with crimes, that is not changing, more may go out as well....

If Trump was set up, as one of you Republican talk show host was saying yesterday, all I can say is they sure took the bete. Not that I think they were set up.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Trump and his camp, were U.S. citizens during all of this, he was not yet president elect for one!

What do you like with your crow? Gravy? Perhaps a side of asparagus?

Whatever it may be, I suggest you tuck your napkin in...lol..

edit on E28America/ChicagoFri, 02 Feb 2018 18:14:36 -06002pmFridaynd06pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You mean like the underlying documents? Looks like you get your wish but i doubt you will like it what they have to say. BREAKING: Senate Judiciary Committee to Release Memo on FBI, Christopher Steele and Russia Dossier

It turns out the Senate Judiciary Committee also has a memo on Christopher Steele, the FBI and Russia dossier they are working to declassify. Their memo is set to be released including FBI redactions shortly. Paul Sperry of the New York Post reported, “BREAKING: The Senate Judiciary Committee also has a memo on Steele, the dossier and the FBI, and is working to get it declassified.”

The Deep State got played and they all fell for it. They sealed their own fate and i guess we have to thank them for it. These people are STUPID!

edit on 2-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Seems like Trump just called 'all in'... but his opponents didn't fold, so he was forced to put his cards on the table and as it turns out, he had a big fat nothing all along... lol.

Just the actions of a desperate man, who's finally starting to realize his days are numbered...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

jaw breaking yawn

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Obama "retires" to Bali , Indonesia
Did you know a person cant be extradited from Indonesia ?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: kurthall

What do you like with your crow? Gravy? Perhaps a side of asparagus?

Whatever it may be, I suggest you tuck your napkin in...lol..

No crow, I would like 2 big Macs and 2 fish filets, with a Large Diet coke. Have to keep my golfers body.

edit on 2-2-2018 by kurthall because: Fix

edit on 2-2-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join