It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Recall on Sunday in Minneapolis The 1980's Miracle on Ice while watching Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

There are occasions in the History of Sport that what is unexpected happen, when who is considered the weaker in terms of trajectory and expertise becomes miraculously boosted to victory by a strange magical power that can be defined with words as faith, confidence, trust, strength of character but anyway represents a kind of phenomenon the defies all the odds, a paranormal experience of success over all obstacles moved by the force of the spirit motivated with what Napoleon Hill, the father of American self help literature, described as inspirational disenchantment.

There is people that think that Philadelphia is right now a city over motivated with the possibility to win first time in History the Super Bowl this Sunday, that they are day dreaming and Not aware that the rival is extremely difficult.

That is great mistake, my impression is that Philadelphians are well aware that the Patriots have won various times the Super Bowl, and they didn't but they also know that there is always a first time for anything in life, there is always a moment in which traditions of the past become broken and it is the beginning of a new Era.

This match might look for some TV sports commenters as a fight between David and Goliat but the spirit of the Eagles is flying really high since many weeks ago, the way they passed the semifinal shows that there is really a strange great synergy in their team, one that can make magic in the final.

The Final is in Minneapolis, and also in a month of February and a date that sums 4, I think those strange coincidences are favored the Eagles, because that city is related with the greatest miracle in US sports ever, that occurred in February 22nd of 1980, when what it was wrongly considered by many the weaker team, the one that didn't have fame behind it, won an Olympic championship.

In 1980 the Minnesota University coach Herb Brooks was hired to helm the U.S. men's Olympic hockey team, he brought a unique and brash style to the ice. After assembling a team of hot-headed college all-stars, who were humiliated in an early match, Brooks united his squad against a common foe, the heavily-favored Soviet team.

By that time the USSR based on Historic performance were the indisputable best team of the world, many times Olympic Gold medal, but there was someone that thought that past is past, that present is the only real moment we have, so we must live one day at a time and focus on it.

Herb Brooks interviewed with the United States Olympic Committee for the national team coach's job, discussing his philosophy on how to beat the Soviet team, calling for changes to the practice schedule and strategy and he convinced them that there was a chance to win.

As the U.S. squad tried to overcome insurmountable odds and win the gold medal, the team became a microcosm for American patriotism during the Cold War.Theirs was the victory that the nation required to move on, from a very difficult time when America was suffering a really dark moment under petroleum embargo, skepticism and a very low economic performance.

Please check:
2005 Miracle Walt Disney film

The Malaise Speech of President Jimmy Carter on the months before the US Olympic Hockey team defeated the unbeatable Soviet team gives us an idea of how difficulty was the moment morally for America, and how needed was that victory.

There was a decade of nightmare behind it, the assassinations of the national great Leaders John F. Kennedy, Robert F Kennedy, Martin L. King, Malcom X, the first war ever lost by the US in Vietnam, the terrible Watergate Scandal with a VicePresident and the first President resigning, There were Hostile revolutions that succeeded in Iran or Nicaragua, and wars being fought in very difficult circumstances in Salvador and Afghanistan.

please check:

President Jimmy Carter's Malaise Speech 1979

When this incredible positive Olympic result came America was trying to move on from a series of really deep economic recessions occurred in 1974-75 and in 1979, the worst ones since the Great Depression, great national Industries like General Motors filled out Bankruptcy.

Please check:

History of the Miracle on Ice in Winter Olympia 1980

I am under the impression that everything is given to have this Sunday in this LII version of the Super Bowl one of the best finals ever in Minneapolis, a that the game is going to make a deep mark in the History of the sport, that we are going to see an outstanding level of performance and we could see again as in 1980 the Miracle of David defeating Goliat. I feel that that the Eagles have develop a kind of confidence in their capabilities that can lead them to a good result in spite of all the difficulties to overcome, moreover they have loose fear against their rival, they still respect them but they know is Not anymore unbeatable.

This game comes in a time Philadelphia as a city after had suffered the rigors of the great recession without never losing its spirit is experiencing a boost on many areas, the city is clearly starting to grow again, Companies are also expanding operations, New skyscrapers are now emerging in its horizon, its Universities are expanding and improving their campuses, its cultural agenda is more active than anytime in the past, there is a feeling of faith in future, confidence that progress is possible and a clear thirst for success and a thrust pushing important positive changes every where.

I don't think is by chance that the Eagles are fighting this Super bowl, they are representing a spirit of conviction that their city has developed.

Please check
1980 Winter Olympia US - USSR Hockey Match full game

The thread is open to discuss the factors of training that may boost miracles in Sports, when a well guided motivation through repetitive suggestion is able to touch the subconscious minds of athletes to overcome their own natural limitations an reach new achievements never seen before in that discipline.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/1/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Go Pats.....

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

the eagles are going down, the game is rigged. that pats are gonna win just cause they have a patriotic name. then the dems in will use them to bash on trump some. same o same o.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Go Pats.....

I wish I could give you a negative star. lol.

I've made my white tee shirt with sharpie already. "eagles fan for 1 day and this day only"

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I always root for the underdog, unless it's my team playing in the Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This world and its functions are no part of Jesus and his coming reign. His enemies started this addiction to competition and sports. Sports competition glorifies a Man or a Nation, not our creator.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I think you are assuming on that respect a fundamentalistic and in someway a pessimistic position, it is clear that in life we are always competing, it is not really a competition against others, others might play no doubt a role, but it is more a competition against ourselves, it is always trying to raise up our ethical performance, our faith in values and principles that construct instead of destroy.

Life is by definition diverse, and all the diversity we see around us is the result of different ways of adaptation to reality of all the multiplicity of alive beings, competition is every where in nature, we improve along our life if we trust in all what is good, virtuous and clean, we decay if we start to become negative, assume judgemental attitudes and see only what is lacking and not with is present.

Here a very famous quote of the New Testament that exorcises fear about competition:

2nd Letter of St Paul to Timothy, 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but to all who crave His appearing.…

We are all the time competing against our fears, our insecurities, our lack of self steam, about a negative self image, against prejudgements, against discrimination, against immoral proposals or against any kind of temptations. There is competition constantly inside the Human spirit.

We are all the time in the middle of a dialog with two sides of our nature, one is telling to us all the time that We Can and the other is saying to us that We Can't, One is saying to us that there is value in our existence, that we have a mission to carryout in this world other is saying the contrary, that we are useless, inappropriate or our life has less sense than others.

It is in our scope to decide to which sides of this coin that is our Mental attitude we are going to give the highest weight, No body else can change that, but when we assume that power we can move on to a higher level of life and help the Universe to be better.

Even Jesus Christ himself was tempted 40 days with this kind of thoughts, what shows how universal is the drama I am trying to describe to you.

There is a wonderful ancient Greek statue called the wrestlers that is today in the Uffizi colletion in Florence, Italy. Many people like it because the ideals it inspires, but what few realize is that the face of the two wrestlers is exactly the same, it is Not that the sculptor preferred twin models, it is a symbol that says to the observer than the more important fights in life are the ones you have with yourself, educating yourself, improving yourself.

Please check:
Greek Wrestlers at the Uffizi Gallery

There is indeed a positive sense of Competence, when competitive spirit is used to construct instead to destroy, improve morally, develop virtues, refine skills, to think in great and bring something new, better and wonderful in the world of Arts, Sciences or Sports.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Go Pats.....

I wish I could give you a negative star. lol.

I've made my white tee shirt with sharpie already. "eagles fan for 1 day and this day only"

That's what I'm doing with the pats. One day and one day only. I'm a 52 year Viking victim....er fan. Those eagle fans threw beer at the Viking players even though the eagles won.

Screw 'em. At least there's some class with the Pats.

ONE DAY ONLY!!

edit on 1-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They did not win the gold medal by beating the Russians,

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I've got one of those, too.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Awwww, poor widdle Vikings fan, did they get some beer on them? That’s what you get for having a QB named Case Keenum. Bunch of sore losers, getting beat by our backup QB. But the Vikings have lost all four SBs they played in. We’ll be 2-1 after Sunday.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Awwww, poor widdle Vikings fan, did they get some beer on them? That’s what you get for having a QB named Case Keenum. Bunch of sore losers, getting beat by our backup QB. But the Vikings have lost all four SBs they played in. We’ll be 2-1 after Sunday.

There you go. Evidence aplenty....
Your second stringer beat our third stringer....can't even get that right,,,,

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I think you are assuming on that respect a fundamentalistic and in someway a pessimistic position, it is clear that in life we are always competing

This life is not an example of good. There is no reason to use anything of this world as an example of what we should be or be doing.

if we start to become negative, assume judgemental attitudes and see only what is lacking and not with is present.

I am sorry, have you read the bible? Even Jesus was negative about the world as it is now.
Judging is important, not judging people but judging actions and behaviors.

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Screw you and the Vikings. GO BEARS!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So you admit that the fabulous defense of the Vikings that was crowed about all year couldn’t beat our backup? Talk about not getting things right.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

True that! 52 years of the same old same old...Still. Go Pats. The Eagles will be runner ups yet again.

I KNOW what that's like....LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

OP is a bit misleading, the Olympics were in Lake Placid, NY in 1980.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scottobereal

No body has denied that, isn't it?

The historic game was in NY, but the coach Herb Brooks worked for the Minnesota University immediately before to take responsibility over the US Olympic team, He was linked to the region that was chosen to host this final of the LII super bowl of 2018, and He was the man who brought the change of mentality, approach, strategy, tactics methods that made possible what today this month 58 years ago is remembered as The Miracle on Ice.

Why we are mentioning this in connection with the Super Bowl Final? because in a rare similarity we a have a team that is coming from below with a lot of momentum, playing with a really high standards, getting wonderful results, as it is the case of the Eagles, that beaten badly the Vikings in the semifinal showing a control over the game rarely seen at this level in previous tournaments and this team faces a final with a various times champion of Super Bowl Patriots team that is fundamentally entering in the fight with a lot History behind them, so a lot of expectation, but not so much interesting recent performance.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sorry but your quoting of the Gospel is absolutely out of context, Jesus when said that was referring to an order of things prevailing in the time and place he was at that moment, he was referring in some occasions when he used that way to talk about the Pharisees or Sadducees rule over Israel, in other occasions he was pinpointing against the mentality of the times of the Roman Empire, he could be referring to the way of thinking of pagans or to the one of fundamentalist people of Israel and the way they distorted the original meaning of the law.

When one quotes somebody along History it is important to always provide an appropriate context in which those words were given, otherwise that is like to use Bible to create the impression that is saying whatever somebody wants to, in other words to use it as a sort of oracle, something that is extremely risky considering that the Bible is an extremely diverse book in style but also in content, it contains Religious teachings, songs lyrics, poetry, myths, historic records, census, popular expressions of the time, etc etc.

The Bible is not a book, is a collection of books written by many authors in very different times and places and with different purposes by the way.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Sorry but your quoting of the Gospel is absolutely out of context, Jesus when said that was referring to an order of things prevailing in the time and place he was at that moment

I am sorry you don't see these words were meant for us. I am sorry you cannot trust that the book that has been spread as prophesied around the entire earth is not to be trusted.

According to Guinness World Records, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with over 5 billion copies sold and distributed

The message is simple we are no part of this evil controlled world. The GAMES we started by Romans dedicated to their gods. We are not to copy any of the behaviors of the false worship it is unacceptable and not to be forgiving to be part of it.

The ancient Olympics were as much a religious festival as an athletic event. The games were held in honor of the Greek god Zeus, and on the middle day of the games, 100 oxen would be sacrificed to him. ... The temple was adorned by its numerous offerings, which were dedicated there from all parts of Greece.

It is pretty simple you don't need to be a scholar.

“Whosoever, therefore, shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18:1, 2–4).
“I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes” (Luke 10:21).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join