It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI deputy director McCabe steps down

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Dont lecture me on national security. Especially when Mueller's team has been leaking like the titanic.

I'll lecture you on any damned thing I want to. What now?

Lol so you are simply here to detract from the issue at hand and the best you have is... Really? And child like now whats?

Perhaps you should get back to making your propaganda tantrum threads about Trump?

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmMonday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
People here want to take away the mans retirement pension ?

All this ranting and raving is over nothing

chill out

I'm not scolding, Willtell is right. I've been yelling as loud as the others, and I am glad he is gone. BUT

I am asking an honest question (because I've never been fired).

If you are fired do you still get your retirement? The answer to this question is the answer in how this should be handled. Is it standard procedure to remove all benefits earned if you are fired in the private sector.

Now, are there criminal charges that need to be brought? If so, seems like any benefits received would be lost then.

edit on 1/29/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: whywhynot

I think all Govt employees forfeit their pension, if they were involved in a serious enough crime. McCabe might be able to lock it in by fleeing government right now....or maybe not.

Civil service rules protect all gov employees on the Federal level and some states have similar laws. It basically states what you say but the words normally used are "may be revoked" but rarely happens. I heard of one where a state commerce commissioner built a hotel in a retirement community as a ruse for a special nursing home environment. They were using state funds and put it their name or something like that, and in that case the person is now sitting in federal prison and all their bank accounts were frozen to recoup the money spent...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Tempter

Federal employees accrue one day of leave every pay period. Senior level employees can roll up to 90 days of accrued time off over to the following year.

Damn, i wonder if i can get a gig like that... 90 days huh??? I was happy getting 24 days of leave and a 12 days of sick leave till I heard about that gravy train.... No wonder we are being sucked dry financially while bringing in more money in the history of mankind, as we know it...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

LMAO CONTEMPTof CONGRESS Eric Holder has some nerve talking about "damaging foundations of our government"

just sayin'

He is a grade A turd....can’t they just drone him already?

He ain't out of the woods yet.

The IG report is coming soon and it involves the way the emails were handled, that includes him and Lynch.

Anyway....

edit on 1 29 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

ETA;

edit on 1 29 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: carewemust

Strange that he gets the "We don't say his name" moniker.

That's John McCain. Andrew McCabe is "AM" on that list.

John McCain would be the logical name next on that list!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: Willtell
People here want to take away the mans retirement pension ?

All this ranting and raving is over nothing

chill out

I'm not scolding, Willtell is right. I've been yelling as loud as the others, and I am glad he is gone. BUT

I am asking an honest question (because I've never been fired).

If you are fired do you still get your retirement? The answer to this question is the answer in how this should be handled. Is it standard procedure to remove all benefits earned if you are fired in the private sector.

Now, are there criminal charges that need to be brought? If so, seems like any benefits received would be lost then.

McCabe wasn't fired, he resigned from his position as Deputy Director. He's still technically employed by the FBI, and he's set to retire in March with full benefits.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Tell yourself that bud

Dude got ousted

Happy Black Monday

Time to read the memo on live tv?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greenanon

Tell yourself that bud

Dude got ousted

Happy Black Monday

Time to read the memo on live tv?

Happy baseless assumptions. I'm not on McCabe's side. Read back a few pages. I'm simply relaying what's happened so far. He resigned from his position. He may have been told to resign, which in the average person's world is the same as getting fired. But on paper he resigned, he's still employed, and as of now he's still set to retire in March with full benefits. If he did something criminal, that could potentially change.

And I hope you don't really think Trump is gonna read the memo at the SOTU tomorrow night.
edit on 29 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's just a little house cleaning before the big show. It'll be okay.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
McCabe wasn't fired, he resigned from his position as Deputy Director. He's still technically employed by the FBI, and he's set to retire in March with full benefits.

Reports indicate FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was forced out; White House denies involvement

Shortly after FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe announced Monday that he was stepping down from the agency, reports surfaced that he was forced out by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

Following the publishing of those reports, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters that the White House was not involved in the personnel decision.

Fox News, CNN, and other outlets reported that McCabe was “removed” from his position.

CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta said that sources reportedly familiar with the situation said McCabe’s decision to step down was mutually made by both him and the administration.

“Source familiar with McCabe matter describes his departure as a ‘mutual’ decision,” Acosta tweeted after the news broke. “He was tired of being ‘undermined’ but Trump and WH was ‘not happy’ with him.”

click link for article

He was given his choice of 2 letters -

A resignation or a termination.

As others pointed out his departure does not prevent charges from being filed against him.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah I'm well aware he may have been forced to resign.

Everyone seems to think I'm defending McCabe or something. I'm just stating that he still technically resigned and is still employed and is still eligible to retire with full benefits. It says that right in the article you just linked to.

According to a Monday NBC News report, a source familiar with the situation said McCabe, 49, was “exercising his retirement eligibility” and that McCabe was “stepping aside.” McCabe will reportedly stay on government payroll until he is able to retire in with full benefits in March.

Being forced to resign may be the same as being fired to you and me, but for these big wigs there's a huge difference in that he gets to keep all his bells and whistles.

ETA: also I was responding to another poster's question about whether you get to keep your retirement benefits if you get fired. The answer to that question would likely be no, but that doesn't matter in this case because technically he didn't get fired. If that poster's concerned was that even with all this shady wrongdoing he's still gonna get his benefits, their concern is justified, because as of right now yes he's keeping all his benefits.
edit on 29 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Here is one of the applicable US Codes covering the matter.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Does anyone think that a good federal prosecutor could make the case to take away the pension from this group of jokers. I do.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

www.law.cornell.edu...

Does anyone think that a good federal prosecutor could make the case to take away the pension from this group of jokers. I do.

I'd certainly like to see one try.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

Let him eat his own shoes i say. The same goes for Comey, Rice, Lynch, HIllary, Page and her lover whose name i can't never spell right, btw, isn't the fact these two democrat FBI agents were lovers a conflict of interest in itself which would have fired both of them from the FBI if they had been republican?... The whole enchilada/democrat/rino circus should go down the drain, and none of them should ever be allowed within 100m from being close to a government building, or holding a job in any government institution/agency ever again.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: whywhynot

www.law.cornell.edu...

I'd certainly like to see one try.

I would also, and it is my experience that if the feds want you, unless you are politically protected, they get you.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There is some speculation that if an indictment comes down before those retirement papers are processed his retirement could be put on hold.

Could his name be on one of those sealed indictments we've been hearing about? I have no idea but hope springs eternal in my heart as each of these swamp critters have to face the harsh lights of the media. It must really suck when the entire universe knows that you and your boss had "that talk."

BTW: Congress critters don't loose their pension after being imprisoned for breaking campaign finance law.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Sillyolme Wrote: "confirms what Comey said about loyalty and being asked to "Let it go, let Flynn go..."

That's weird because Comey testified under oath in front of Congress (and cameras) that those weren't the words Trump used, and that he saw nothing to constitute obstruction in their conversation.

on January 27th, after summoning Director Comey to dinner, the president appears to have threatened the director’s job while telling him, quote, “I need loyalty. I expect loyalty.”

At a later meeting, on February 14th, the president asked the attorney general to leave the Oval Office so that he could privately ask Director Comey, again, quote, “to see way clear to letting Flynn go.”

COMEY:
I don’t think it’s for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning, but that’s a conclusion I’m sure the special counsel will work towards, to try and understand what the intention was there, and whether that’s an offense.

Link to Transcript and video of testimony

You'd have to be willingly ignorant or lying to spread your story (again/still) after being shown this repeatedly.

So are you just lying to everyone or cognitively impaired?

* He said PRECISELY what Sillyolme said he said and "under oath in front of Congress (and cameras) "

YOU said this "Comey testified under oath in front of Congress (and cameras) that those weren't the words Trump used, and that he saw nothing to constitute obstruction in their conversation"

THAT was a lie to all here, friends and foes alike, but for different purposes.
edit on 29-1-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: elementalgrove

What would really top all of this off is if Trump decided that the State of the Union address was the best time for him to read out, verbatim, the 4-page memo - that way everyone can stop speculating about it and move on to stage two - statues, signs, looting and lies.

Stage 3 is depression and denial.

Stage 4 is acceptance - that's gonna be the hardest one of all.

Oh mate stop teasing please. I have been HOPING Trump uses the SOTU to exactly do this to some degree. Trump is going to have the entire globe watching him tomorrow night. You know he is going to do SOMETHING off script. I can just feel it.

BTW...does anyone know if there is a broadcast delay on the SOTU? Similar to how there is a delay on live news coverage to edit out foul mouthed interviewees.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I was happy to see wray shoot down schiff heads claims too. Wray viewed the memo last night and was asked to point out anything that was incorrect.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join