It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ recovers missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI agents Strzok and Page

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The Department of Justice has recovered missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the DOJ’s inspector general said Thursday.

In a letter sent to congressional committees, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his office “succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.”

“Our effort to recover any additional text messages is ongoing,” Horowitz said. “We will provide copies of the text messages that we recover from these devices to the Department so that the Department’s leadership can take any management action it deems appropriate.”

www.foxnews.com... html

So a couple of things.

First, I see no indication from the IG that these messages were intentionally deleted or lost.

On the other hand, why would the FBI claim they were lost if they were so easily recoverable? Instead, it tokk the Inspector General getting involved, almost as if the FBI didnt care to look for the messages themselves and turn them over.

Now the article says that they will be looking further for messages, so I am not sure all have been recovered.

Either way, I hope they are released, as more transparency is good.

edit on 25-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I expect more of the same to come from all of this which is "nothing". As usual.

Good find OP.
edit on 25-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Of course they'll release some texts.

Maybe we'll see some cooking recipes, or their opinion on football, etc.

Just like the JFK files.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

DOJ Inspector Generals office seems to be on the up and up.

They are gonna be instrumental in blowing the lid of the corruption and draining the swamp.

ETA:

50,000 texts, five months = around 333 texts a day.

Say a 10 hour working day, thats 33 texts an hour?

One text every two minutes???

What were these people actually working at other than texting each other?

edit on 25-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not their "loss" was intentional it does give anyone implicated an out.

"Oh but I thought you said that data was lost. Are you positive there wasn't any kind of corruption when you recovered it?"

link   

Why didn't the FBI know they were "lost" back in the Summer of 2017? The RUSSIANS could have taken them!

Missing Federal Bureau of Investigation text messages should sound alarm bells immediately.

link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Of course they'll release some texts.

Maybe we'll see some cooking recipes, or their opinion on football, etc.

Just like the JFK files.

They were just talking about Hillarys grandkids people come on!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

According to the FBI, the texts from FBI-issued Samsung phones weren't forwarding the texts to long term storage. Apparently this applied to about 10% of the FBI-issued phones.

Now it sounds like they were able to pull them off the devices themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
From Perfectenemy in other thread

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

edit on 25-1-2018 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

According to the FBI, the texts from FBI-issued Samsung phones weren't forwarding the texts to long term storage. Apparently this applied to about 10% of the FBI-issued phones.

Now it sounds like they were able to pull them off the devices themselves.

Yes this is what I have heard.

But it makes you wonder why when these texts were requested, the FBi didnt just say there was a minor glitch but we will be able to retrieve those messages shortly.

Instead, the IG had to get involved.

So to me as usual the truth seems to be in the middle of what the two sides were stating.

It does not seem as if these messages were intentionally deleted at this point, however it does seem that this is another in a long line of feet dragging and stonewalling by the FBI in not giving over requested material to congress.

edit on 25-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The texts were found. The FISA memo from Nunes im sure will be released soon, and this is why we have the Dems putting together a memo for counter talking points... They are in full damage control, but I honestly feel there's too much damaging evidence out there thats coming to light and they know they can't "sweep this under the rug"... The question is when heads begin to roll and indictments handed out, who's going to speak to cut a deal and how high up will this go?? I pray we dont have some false flag event to distract the masses from this giant scandal.. A scandal that makes watergate look like childs play..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They used forensic methods, retrieved some of the messages and are working to get more... From the way I read it.

Interesting

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Huckabee's take on it...

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Huckabee's take on it...

twitter.com...

That's pretty funny...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

From what I've heard, they had to have the actual phones in hand to recover those lost texts. It also sounds like they haven't recovered all the msgs. SO this could be a ruse to stop further searching for the ones they can't find at this point and focus on the ones they have found. Which leaves me wondering what's up with the messages they HAVEN'T recovered. How do you only lose a specific set of messages and how do you recover only a part of them?

I have another thought as well. 50K texts over 5 months. Did these people have a real job? That's a lot of texting. If you subtract 7 hours of sleep time every 24 hours, deduct time for meals, work meetings and going to church....it's at least 20 texts an hour every hour - an insane amount of texting. And many of the messages we've seen weren't simple 1-5 word msgs either. It's like their whole job was the undermining of Trump. Add the time it took to work on the "insurance policy" and other efforts that were above and beyond simple texting to stop Trump and/or bring him down, we have been paying these people to perform and carry on very unethically, full time with vacation pay! Did they get a bonus too?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Unfortunately it took me some time to write my post so I missed reading all the posts between the OP and mine by the time I pushed the button. Oh well, great minds think alike.

link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

One text every two minutes???

What were these people actually working at other than texting each other?

You know the answer to that...

They worked (through texts) on having their insurance plan to Trump's election to come to fruition aka Trump's impeachment!

link   

I'm going to guess that the OIG has the devices in question (Strzok's and Page's).

I don't know that the stonewalling accusations are everything they're cracked up to be either. That's certainly the allegation from Republicans in Congress which is interesting considering that all these agencies are run by Trump appointees.

Imagine that a Democrat was in office right now? We'd be hearing about how "Obama's FBI is stonewalling!" and "the Obama DOJ is dragging its feet!"

I assume that AG Sessions and FBI Directory Wray aren't impotent, feckless milquetoasts but I could be wrong and they might be absolutely incapable leaders. If there's stonewalling, isn't it ultimately their fault? Are Sessions and Wray "deep state goons?"

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The 50k texts were over two years, the missing texts were from a period of time (about 5 months) after the election.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: StoutBroux

The 50k texts were over two years, the missing texts were from a period of time (about 5 months) after the election.

Do you have a citation for this?

I was under the impression it was a 5 month period?

50,000 texts, five months....

"The omission of text messages between December 2016 and May 2017, a critical gap encompassing the FBI's Russia investigation, is equally concerning,"

www.cnn.com...
edit on 25-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join