It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off my lawn!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My hubby just showed me this vid from an amazing site i was unaware of - Roaring Earth. I thought i'd share,they have the most Awesome wildlife vids.

roaring.earth...

Idk how to embed vid from that site but found it on YT:

edit on 23-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: that friggin "d" on my keyboard

edit on 23-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
And many people seem to want to attribute territorial disputes with weapons as something unique to humans. Clearly all life forms fight across species, so people should cut themselves some slack.

Is this in a wildlife preserve? That loose grass/hay the elephant is dining on appears to have been placed there.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't mess with that fellow! Great video, I especially enjoyed watching him hurl the large stick at the teeny rhinos!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I've seen all kinds of weapons used by animals. Just last week I was assaulted by an angry pine squirrel that took up residence in my sawmill. I wrapped up mill with tarps to keep the snow out of it for winter. Apparently it's a great spot for the little angry squirrel.
I saw pine cones sitting on the ground near it and noticed the tarps had been moved a bit. I stuck my head in there (like an idiot) and Mr pine squirrel came flying out of the blade guard box chattering and barking at me.
I cursed at it and took a swipe at him(missed ), then the little jerk started throwing pine cones at me. He actually hit me with a few. It didn't hurt but definitely got my attention. I told my neighbor what happened and he said the pine squirrels are nothing, it's the Ravens you need to not upset. I guess he dropped a large jack pine that had a nest in it. While cutting it up a raven swooped down and dropped a rock which smashed him in the side of his head.
Be careful when playing with nature, it's not as friendly as you might think.

edit on 23-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And many people seem to want to attribute territorial disputes with weapons as something unique to humans. Clearly all life forms fight across species, so people should cut themselves some slack.

Wildlife behavior; predation, territoriality and other crimes like infanticide, rape, fratricide, etc, are okay in Wild animals because its how they have to survive, in the wild.

The difference between them and humans is humans know the difference. Civilized behavior says It isn't alright to disembowel your neighbors wife and eat her unborn child on the front lawn. Lions do that out of conservation of energy. To them it isn't 'wrong'. The unborn fetus is relished because its tender, it tastes good.

If you mutilate women and string their guts around the room you are Jack the Ripper, a homicidal maniac and will be hunted down and executed.

Not that it bothers Jack or you, apparently.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

In answer to your question, the grass may have been placed there by rangers so that the tourists could get a good long look in peace and take photos. It's just a guess on my part though. Elephants can be elusive and are sometimes migratory due to the changing seasons, depending on location.

I always say my favourite animal is a cat but actually it isn't. It's an elephant. Once you look in those eyes you are looking back in time. The wisdom and peace you find there is literally mind-blowing. Well, it was for me. Just don't screw with them, get too close and be very careful if they have babies with them. They can and will wreck a sturdy vehicle if they feel their young are being threatened, as many other animals do. Some of them do indeed live on reserves but many are just in the wild doing their thing. I saw mine in Zimbabwe.

Ban zoos, subsidise nature.

edit on 23/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wildlife behavior; predation, territoriality and other crimes like infanticide, rape, fratricide, etc, are okay in Wild animals because its how they have to survive, in the wild.

The difference between them and humans is humans know the difference. Civilized behavior says It isn't alright to disembowel your neighbors wife and eat her unborn child on the front lawn. Lions do that out of conservation of energy. To them it isn't 'wrong'. The unborn fetus is relished because its tender, it tastes good.

If you mutilate women and string their guts around the room you are Jack the Ripper, a homicidal maniac and will be hunted down and executed.

Not that it bothers Jack or you, apparently.

Ummm...hopefully this is the last time I have to post this...

You practice territorialization every freaking day...you go home to your posh cave and shut the rest of the world out of your little slice of territory...

Stop trying to make false equivalencies...We're mammals...we lactate...we practice territorialization...Evolution hasn't lifted us out of that reality...

Just take a gander at all the territorial disputes that take place across the world on any given day...war...and rumors of war...

It really is as simple as that...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Elephant must realize that the Rhinos have no horns, as do the Rhinos...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Civilized behavior says It isn't alright to disembowel your neighbors wife

Instinct, I believe, not civility.

Humans have an unlimited array of capabilities and options, wildlife does not.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi! Your video reminded me of this one, where the elephant uses a stick to psychologically discourage the rhino :

edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Edited a sentence.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Cool the elephant used the stick to pretend to have a horn really neat .
The true king of the jungle the lion can not hold a candle and gets out of the way for this beats

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You practice territorialization every freaking day...you go home to your posh cave and shut the rest of the world out of your little slice of territory...

Bulls*** !

I don't own any property. For years I lived without running water, electric light switches, soft beds, doors with locks on them.

Speak for yourself.

But I respect everyone else's property rights, right to privacy, sovereignty and self determination.
I bet when you go up to your neighbors house you knock on their door and wait for them to open it. Or do you just bust in? After all, because 'animals do', that makes it okay for you too.

In fact, sneak in a window at night, rape their daughter, eat the dog, steal whatever you want, its 'OKAY' , according to you its all good, its wild kingdom.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Civilized behavior says It isn't alright to disembowel your neighbors wife

Instinct, I believe, not civility.

Humans have an unlimited array of capabilities and options, wildlife does not.

You cut off my point.

Civilized behavior has little to do with what we call "Civilization" today.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
are you ok ?
its a nature film not a intercity documentation no one talking about any of the stuff you are looks like you have anger issues

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That elephant is not a very good stick thrower lol... wonder if there was a baby around? Don't they usually roam around in packs?

Also the rhinos having their horns sawn off I guess is to help stop poaching?.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
I thought the balancing stick for a horn was really neat, too! And clever!

When the stick was thrown, I was wondering if the elephant was trying to intimidate with a message of- Stop! See how easily I took mine off and threw it at you? I'll take yours off & throw it at you, too!
Silly of me to think that, but it is what I thought
Never know.

a reply to: tinner07
I have no idea... sorry.

edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Fixed spacing.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yes,i think it is in a wildlife preserve,iirc in Limpopo Province in my country. On the Roaring Earth site there's some text with the vid,you may want to have a look there.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Yep that's a conservation tactic.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: oldme

Thanks for the cool vid

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Why don't you cheer yourself up a bit by watching some animal vids on that site Roaring Earth? You seen tense

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join