It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your ideal potus or if you won what would you do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Kind of a 2 separate question here, but anyone can answer one, either, both, just read, read and reoly; whichever tugs your literary hearts

So if you could influence /enforce /have your way, what would your perfect potus be/have /do? Thinking terms of jobs, taxes, Healthcare (not insurance persay but literal Healthcare as a whole), too much world police /not enough world police, education from pre school to college, tuition, homeless people, the rich, middle class, poor, any any other ideals you feel strongly toward.

Now say you won potus. What would you do to bring about the best country possible? I suppose this can be answered by Amy country citizen who has a ruler, lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As a canadian im still hoping for a ron paul/ bernie sanders ticket.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I would disband the entire federal govt. and tell America to try again.

link   
1st id pull back a bunch of troops from around the world and begin training them in civil engineering giving them a skill that can translate over to civilian life while fixing our infrastructure.

2nd id make 2 years mandatory service in the military when u turn 18. this would be far different then the service we have right now. think of it more like an advanced ROTC where your job is more as a civil servant within the community you grew up in while getting a taste of what the military has to offer. this would most likely boost the enrollment in military careers after their 2 years has been served. with such a large labor pool they could really choose the best of the best.

3rd id implement a consumption tax and eliminate the vast majority of the IRS. no more filing your taxes every year and dealing with that stress.

i have many more ideas but the biggest problem i havent been able to wrap my head around is the healthcare industry. i had a very good friend who was a highly respected doctor within the medical field and his take was that it had to be burned to the ground and brought back to the older system which let the doctors actually work instead of being a secretary filling out paperwork for the majority of the day.

this is just a small star to what id want. the biggest thing id like to tackle is the mechanization of the agricultural industry so has to provide each person with their daily ration of food no matter what your financial situation. just hit the basics first and work towards its expansion.

link   
Well I think we need to put the POTUS on ice for a while, that means nobody in office. Because our former form of government was meant to be a balance of power between 3 branches of government, the executive, judicial and legislative branches of government but now the executive branch rules the other 2.

So, nobody for office.
edit on 17-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
Thinking terms of jobs, taxes, Healthcare (not insurance persay but literal Healthcare as a whole), too much world police /not enough world police, education from pre school to college, tuition, homeless people, the rich, middle class, poor, any any other ideals you feel strongly toward.

Now say you won potus. What would you do

My first act as POTUS is to remove all taxes for people earning less than $200,000 USD/year.

I consider this to be the "low income" bracket.

Second, anyone earning less than $50,000 USD/year, gets a "Basic Income" supplement from the government to make up the difference, so that every adult gets a minimum annual income of $50K. This I consider to be the "poverty level".

Next I pass a law setting the prices for all the necessities of life: basic food, medicine,non-fashion clothes, transportation, auto insurance, etc..letting the other things set prices according to supply and demand market forces.

This establishes a "floor" below which no human can fall, in terms of lifestyle.

Next we get universal health care, run by the government, not requiring people to buy medical insurance. Since, when my neighbor comes down with the flu, and has to go to work on the same bus as me, he'll transmit that flu to me, so we need health care for all people, operated by the government, to ensure we're not risking the health of the rest of the population, just because one guy can't afford his own medicals to get well. Health Care is not a personal responsibility, it's a collective responsibility, and should be treated as such.

All education is free. No one has to pay for education, since the entire society benefits when we are all better educated. And anything that benefits all of us, should not place a financial burden on any one of us, since if one person can't afford his own education, we all lose out because of it.

We abolish homelessness, everyone gets a roof over their heads. But, there are no "homeless shelters", since it's a bad idea to dump all the homeless people together, their collective negative thoughts will hamper any one of them hoping to rise up and do better. So, we scatter the homeless in homes mixed in with the rest of the population, so they can meet and greet ordinary folk who have found intresting things to do in their lives, and can get motivated watching successful people, rather than remain un-motivated watching fellow homeless people mourn and groan.

Well, those are some of the things I'd see done as POTUS.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
God is my only perfect POTUS.

If I won the first thing I would do is have the treasury department issue debt free money into the economy and then I would go hide in a bunker for the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Maybe you should move to venezuela, they've done most of that.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would TRY to make it illegal and punishable by a minimum twenty year sentence the act of bribing officials ..aka lobbyists

I would TRY to make it illegal and punishable by a forty year minimum sentence any elected official accepting bribes.. aka politicians who take money from lobbyists.

I would TRY to impose term limits on the house of representatives and congress. No more collecting and owing favors over the course of decades...this would also make it harder for lobbyists to groom politicians.

Then I would take a bullet from a grassy gnoll and die with a grin...

Respectfully,
~ meathead

Edited to add;
TRY to
edit on 17-1-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Maybe you should move to venezuela, they've done most of that.

Venezuela's problem is that they started to set up the ideal system when oil prices were high, and their calculations showed they could support these things, then the price of oil collapsed, but they didn't make any adjustments to their model.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I would want a POTUS coming in riding a dragon bearing a flaming sword shouting, "FREEDOM! MOTHERF###KERS!"

And then he would lower taxes.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yeah, that was it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I would like to see Sadhguru run the show for a while...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Bonzo the chimp .

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think I would go the selfish route if I was president and declassify what the # the government did to me and have everyone who participated fed to the wild dogs mentioned in Bridget Jones' Diary.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
-Regular audits of the Federal Reserve.

-Back on the gold standard.

-Instate a Wall Street speculation tax.

-If I cant end the Drug War, then I'd offer presidential pardons to all those convicted of drug possession and businesses effected by raids.

-Tax cuts/hikes depending on personal choices to act as incentives for America to get on the right track.
Ex:
1% tax cut if you're not overweight/obese.
2% tax cut if you drive an electric car.
2% tax cut if you have no biological children.
4% tax cut if you adopt a child.
5% tax cut if you attend college.
5% tax cut if you have health insurance.
10% yearly tax cut for 4 yrs minimum armed service.
15% business tax hike if you employ illegal immigrants.
(Numbers are for example not the actual numbers I'd use)

-No more property taxes.

-No more overseas tax haven loopholes.

-Withdrawal of troops from overseas.

-Cut foreign aid.

-Cut federal spending.

-Abolish imprisoning debtors.

-Set 8 year term limits for Senate and Congress.

-Change the salaries of the Senate and Congress to always match the average American income.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Psilocyborg because: Left out things

new topics

top topics

join