It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon 'summoned' in Russia probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Yeah, anyone hoping that Bannon is going to "spill the beans" on some kind of eeeeevil scheme with Russia is going to be disappointed.

That's right put your faith in Devon Nunes the partisan hack who is part of the swamp because all those speculative rumors are so much more true....

Except Nunes has delivered the goods. He said the FBI was colluding to help Hillary win the election, and he's provided the documentation to back up his claims.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's not Mueller, it a congressional committee.

OP states it's a grand jury for the special counsel.

Have the facts changed?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yeah, anyone hoping that Bannon is going to "spill the beans" on some kind of eeeeevil scheme with Russia is going to be disappointed.

That's right put your faith in Devon Nunes the partisan hack who is part of the swamp because all those speculative rumors are so much more true....

Except Nunes has delivered the goods. He said the FBI was colluding to help Hillary win the election, and he's provided the documentation to back up his claims.

Uh no he most certainly did not..

But spin it he has tried.

edit on 16-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Mueller likely is asking Bannon questions that he already knows the answer to in the hopes he catches him lying and then has leverage to get Bannon to disclose more.

Total Nothingburger obviously. My rule of thumb is if the judicial system hasn't found a patsy to place the blame on within the first 3 hours of a crime (even one as minor as a Presidential Manchurian candidate) then its not worth even investigating.

It's not Mueller, it's a congressional committee. They're just trying to keep the Russia Narrative on life support as long as possible, hoping that the evidence that has so far eluded them (because it doesn't exist) will magically appear this time.

I mean, what do think Bannon is even going to know? If you think he has Vladimir Putin on speed dial or something, you need therapy.

Yeah what would Bannon know being in all those meeting and all?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Have the facts changed?

My mistake. This is apparently separate form the congressional committee.

Story from ZeroHedge.

Still, there's been nothing to indicate any kind of collusion ever occurred. And while I suppose it's possible Trump might be engaged in money laundering, he's sure as hell not going to discuss it in a cabinet meeting. My read is that this is basically a Hail Mary pass, hoping that Bannon will provide evidence that hasn't surfaced yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What about if trump hired some real idiots and they need to be flushed out.

Like a son in law who is so dumb he has a close friend who is probably a Chinese spy and his son who is dumb enough to have a meeting with a Russian lawyer claiming to have goods without his own lawyer present?

Maybe trump is clean but naive to the scoundrels techniques to infiltrate his cabinet.
edit on 16-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Great, let's see what this utterly unlikable, untrustworthy, vindictive man has to say, and then watch as both sides cherry-pick portions of the testimony to support their biased approach to this investigation.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In the Wolf book, Bandi claims that he was sure Don jr. would have brought his Russian friends up to see daddy.

Wonder if the elevators in Trump tower keep time/date stamped logs of usage...for maintenance purposes?

Hmmm!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Great, let's see what this utterly unlikable, untrustworthy, vindictive man has to say, and then watch as both sides cherry-pick portions of the testimony to support their biased approach to this investigation.

That's what I'm waiting for. The libs don't believe a word Bannon has ever said in his entire life, but now they're hanging their precious Narrative on his (hoped for) testimony?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Have the facts changed?

Story from ZeroHedge.

Still, there's been nothing to indicate any kind of collusion ever occurred. And while I suppose it's possible Trump might be engaged in money laundering, he's sure as hell not going to discuss it in a cabinet meeting. My read is that this is basically a Hail Mary pass, hoping that Bannon will provide evidence that hasn't surfaced yet.

The FBI has been tracking Trumps Russian connection long before he became twitter in chief. Bannon will just confirm what Mueller already knows.

www.bbc.com...

www.politico.com...

swalwell.house.gov...
edit on 16-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Another circle jerk to nowhere. I mean, do you get all excited when you post these things thinking THIS IS REALLY GOING TO BE THE ONE!....

What do you really think he would have to say, now, that will sway anything?

It it getting real sad to watch some of you post this drivel....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Another circle jerk to nowhere. I mean, do you get all excited when you post these things thinking THIS IS REALLY GOING TO BE THE ONE!....

What do you really think he would have to say, now, that will sway anything?

It it getting real sad to watch some of you post this drivel....

I have literally just said what has been reported and the net is closing in.

I am not ranting about how this is the big one and it’s going to be the end of Trump sitting with a glass of champagne.

The big one will be when the final findings of the investigation are revealed.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Mueller likely is asking Bannon questions that he already knows the answer to in the hopes he catches him lying and then has leverage to get Bannon to disclose more.

Total Nothingburger obviously. My rule of thumb is if the judicial system hasn't found a patsy to place the blame on within the first 3 hours of a crime (even one as minor as a Presidential Manchurian candidate) then its not worth even investigating.

Did you not read, others have already said Watergate went on for 2 years. Also, yes I am pretty sure that Bannon does know something, as does Muller, how that is a "nothingburger" when we don't even know what is being said yet, is a bit of a conclusion.

We will see, sooner than later I hope. Then we can see who made asses out of themselves, either pro or against, Muller.

edit on 16-1-2018 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I mean, what do think Bannon is even going to know? If you think he has Vladimir Putin on speed dial or something, you need therapy.

My money is on him throwing Jared/Ivanka under the bus for distinct foreknowledge of Russian dealings prior to the election.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Sorry, forgot my /sarcasm.....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My money is on him throwing Jared/Ivanka under the bus for distinct foreknowledge of Russian dealings prior to the election.

I think you could be right.

After reading fire and fury it’s quite obvious that bannon hates them

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Have the facts changed?

Story from ZeroHedge.

To quote from the story you linked...

Mueller reportedly issued the subpoena after Mr. Bannon was quoted in a new book criticizing Mr. Trump, saying that Donald Trump Jr.’s 2016 meeting with Russians was “treasonous” and predicting that the special counsel investigation would ultimately center on money laundering.

So this particular subpoena is apparently related to the book that Trump tried to suppress (where, by the way, Bannon comes off as a rather Machiavellian figure (unlike Trump)). Should be interesting. I thought that Bannon was going to turn on Trump after he was kicked out of the White House but he kept his mouth shut... at least for the nonce.

If Trump goes on the attack again about Bannon, then Bannon may let drop all sorts of things. According to the book, Bannon "invited himself" into a lot of meetings.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I know people are really on about how dumb fbI agents are now but pretty sure they know the guy is a dirt bag and would be looking to confirm information they already have in a cross reference way. Not for new testimony.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think you could be right.

After reading fire and fury it’s quite obvious that bannon hates them

Agreed. The book makes the rivalry between them very plain. Bannon might still have some shreds of loyalty for Trump, but he would gleefully throw "Jarvanka" under the bus...or the train... or any sort of moving vehicle he could find.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bannon could very well throw Trump and his family under the bus. This should be very interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join