It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold shower vs hot shower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have been hot shower person for a long time now. Ive been researching this subject trying to separate truth from the fake, From what i have seen Cold shower seems to be the more beneficial of the two.

Whats your thoughts and experiences on this?

Heres some of the benefits in this video

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Warm weather cold shower
Cold weather hot shower
Mild weather lukewarm

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I use both. Hot shower for cleansing and relaxing muscles then cold as possible as a bracer. Works well, sealing in the heat then closing down the pores before going out into the cold.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Mythbusters did a whole thing on hot vs. cold treatments for sports fatigue and all that. The cold was only a pubic hair more beneficial from the tests they were able to run.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I use both. Hot shower for cleansing and relaxing muscles then cold as possible as a bracer. Works well, sealing in the heat then closing down the pores before going out into the cold.

Yeah a cold shock right at the end of a HOT shower, especially on the feet, is nice.
edit on 12-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love cold showers but I can't hack it in the winter, I need that hot shower when my house is so icy feeling inside.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Have ever seen the inside of the pipes?

A hot shower is a doodoopool.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yea, good luck on selling that one....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When I have a headache especially hot shower! Oh, and my body temp naturally runs cooler than normal by about a degree, so I. HATE. BEING. COLD.

Hot shower.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It depends on your water, if you have high Chlorine in your water, I would say a cold shower would be better. It is also best to start on the cool side and rinse off grime, then use hotter water to soap up and rinse, then a cold end to force out all the leftover soap before toweling off. I do tend to do the last part, cut the temp down to get the pores to eject any dirt and soap left.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What is this?

This isn't the olive oil and strigil method I am accustomed too!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If your skin is red then it’s too hot, makes your skin dry. If it’s not then you’re fine. That’s about as far as hot cold showers go.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I start cold, then go hot, then end cold. I read somewhere that Beethoven would submerge his head in icy cold water to jumpstart his musical inspiration, and have heard elsewhere that cold water will stimulate the vagus nerve, which has a host of benefits if practiced regularly. I thought it was nuts at first but I've been practicing showers this way for almost 6 years and I believe it delivers benefits. YMMV.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Have ever seen the inside of the pipes?

A hot shower is a doodoopool.

My house is 8 years old.

I collect rain water from my roof. It is stored in underground concrete tanks.

On the way to the house, it goes through an osmotic filter.

Once a year, we briefly bypass the osmotic filter and shock treat the water system with organic peroxide.

In the solar hot water tank we have a magnesium sacrificial anode that reduces the hardness of the water.

We have higher quality, cleaner water than most.

edit on 12/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
After a warm shower, turn on cold to help close pores. Helps with hair care as well(and dying), warm opens the cuticles, cold closes them. Showers that are too hot can damage the skills and cause redness afterwards.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I normally run hot water in my shower for a minute or two before I step in it. I like the steam to build up . Then I change the temperature to luke warm. When I'm almost done, right before I step out , I do a cold water blast. The steam is good for your pores and the luke warm water keeps the skin from drying out. The cold water blast is just refreshing to me, lol.

I used to use burn your skin off temperatures, but I tried this method once and got hooked. It just feels better overall. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to shower completely in cold water.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I always thought contrast shower is the best option

new topics

top topics

join