It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding Quantum Entanglement and Teleportation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
All I know is that the "standard way of thinking" in physics does not explain why I can tell when someone is staring at me, or when I think of someone and then the phone rings and it is them.

I've experienced the same, is that within the realm of quantum entanglement or something else?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A physicist named Masahiro Hotta would be where I'd start to study this topic. He has published a lot of studies on the topic.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: DrBobH
If you’re trying to envisage this thinking of this in 2 dimensions it breaks a number of fundamental laws of physics. It’s not s matter of distance separating the particles.
Although the particles are in effect separate they have a number of shared properties that exist and interact in multiple dimensions of space and time. Thus what is experienced by one causes an instantaneous effect in the others.
How many known dimensions exist?

May I answer ? 4 if you are asking in relevance to the antique physics books
11 or 12 if you subscribe to the more modern string theories and quantum physics
there are only 4 known dimensions. String theory and the extended set of dimensions are still only hypothesis. There is no proof that they exist.

True, but there is also no prof that anything exists.
That is only true if you try to do science with philosophy. Science can show you lots of stuff.

What I am saying is that that is a philosophical argument and not a scientific one.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you’re trying to envisage this thinking of this in 2 dimensions it breaks a number of fundamental laws of physics. It’s not s matter of distance separating the particles.
Although the particles are in effect separate they have a number of shared properties that exist and interact in multiple dimensions of space and time. Thus what is experienced by one causes an instantaneous effect in the others.

11 or 12 if you subscribe to the more modern string theories and quantum physics
there are only 4 known dimensions. String theory and the extended set of dimensions are still only hypothesis. There is no proof that they exist.

That is only true if you try to do science with philosophy. Science can show you lots of stuff.

What I am saying is that that is a philosophical argument and not a scientific one.

No, it can't with quantum mechanics...it's all magician tricks.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

All I know is that the "standard way of thinking" in physics does not explain why I can tell when someone is staring at me, or when I think of someone and then the phone rings and it is them.

I've experienced the same, is that within the realm of quantum entanglement or something else?

What else could we call it?
We are all one and we are all connected through a natural form of "internet".
Going off this, I would think that we could somehow be in "communication" with everything.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Going off this, I would think that we could somehow be in "communication" with everything.

Dark matter may be a medium, I don't know. Let's explore all possibilities.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Honestly dimensions was not even a factor in the thought that popped in my head. If anything the question is posed in our known reality of perceived dimensions. so three.

Okay so we take away the need to travel a distance, but rather accelerate a crew with part A of the particle to the speed of light and have them stay at that constant for 20 years. Even though they are going no where distance wise. Would they experience the 20 years going by and age those 20 years? or would it be instantaneous and they wind up 20 years in the future?

To the scientist outside the accelerator they would observe the crew in the accelerator going the speed of light for 20 years and thus the scientist and part B of the particle would have aged 20 years.

If the crew winds up 20 years in the future, then I ask the question that popped in my head and posted above.

If they age the same as the scientist, then doesn't this disprove the Twin paradox? Or does distance have to be a factor in the Twin paradox?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Mostly that is considered social awareness. Many people on this site will try to push pseudo-ideas as fact. The truth is that we all look around at each other all the time. Thanks to the whites in our eyes, we can tell if somebody is looking directly at us from great distances. When we look up and scan a crowd of people, which we do normally and at regular intervals, we notice who is looking at us. Also, we are very keen at noticing movement out of the corner of our eyes. So, When one of us looks up to scan at the crowd, that motion is noticed by others who then also look up and see who is looking at them. Your eyes lock, giving both of you the impression that you knew someone was looking at you.

People who don’t understand this then feel like they have special powers thus confirming what they already want to believe..... that they are special.

This place is full of people just like that don’t get caught up in it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Dark matter may be a medium, I don't know. Let's explore all possibilities.
Dark matter is another hypothesis. it has never been observed.

If this isn’t going to be a serious discussion, or if you are not interested in actual science, then just say so.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Mostly that is considered social awareness. Many people on this site will try to push pseudo-ideas as fact. The truth is that we all look around at each other all the time. Thanks to the whites in our eyes, we can tell if somebody is looking directly at us from great distances. When we look up and scan a crowd of people, which we do normally and at regular intervals, we notice who is looking at us. Also, we are very keen at noticing movement out of the corner of our eyes. So, When one of us looks up to scan at the crowd, that motion is noticed by others who then also look up and see who is looking at them. Your eyes lock, giving both of you the impression that you knew someone was looking at you.

People who don’t understand this then feel like they have special powers thus confirming what they already want to believe..... that they are special.

Then again, I am highly psychic, so when someone is staring at me, I get more than just that simple animalistic feeling. So, is that quantum entanglement from a physical plane and/or can we add that all so queer sixth sense we were all given?
edit on 01CST07America/Chicago04470731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Thanks, I know we have no way of having a ship go the speed of light, was just what if as in if we had the ability to. And thank you for clearing that up for me, I was thinking of it like this. >oOo< say that's the particle. then we separate >oO and call that part A, then we call o< part B. That is how I pictured it for some reason. I did not know it was multiple particles because if its multiple particles how could multiple particles share information instantaneously?

Anyway thanks for bring that to my attention. I said in the original post I don't know enough about this stuff. But I am glad I asked. I am actually learning a bit more.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There is no signal coming out of the body. Certainly nothing that has been proven, so when you make this claim, what information are you making this claim from?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: I think Im normal

Thanks, I know we have no way of having a ship go the speed of light, was just what if as in if we had the ability to. And thank you for clearing that up for me, I was thinking of it like this. >oOo< say that's the particle. then we separate >oO and call that part A, then we call o< part B. That is how I pictured it for some reason. I did not know it was multiple particles because if its multiple particles how could multiple particles share information instantaneously?

Anyway thanks for bring that to my attention. I said in the original post I don't know enough about this stuff. But I am glad I asked. I am actually learning a bit more.

How can particles share information? Through gravity through a force? Let's explore that, can we listen in?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vivyinsect

Thank you for the information I will look into him.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I just noticed your description of QE was a bit flawed. But, your intuitive idea of using it as a form of long-distance communication was spot on. That is literally what scientists are trying to figure out. A practical use for this phenomenon could be faster than light comunication.

You will see people claim this is a paradox because it is known that no particle can reach the speed of light without becoming pure energy or a photon. And but, it is not a particle which is moving faster than light, it is information. Currently scientists are trying to figure out exactly what Information is. And it may take some time, but when they get a grip on it they will understand what consciousness and ideas are because they seem to be the same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

How can particles share information? Through gravity through a force? Let's explore that, can we listen in?
The actual answer to that is unknown. But they are leaning towards an as of yet, unknown force, Although that is pure conjecture.

The phenomenon of quantum entanglement is well documented though. We know how to entangle two particles, But we do not understand how the information is shared or transmitted between them. It is quite complicated, but Here is a link to the wiki. en.m.wikipedia.org...

pretty much, if someone is trying to describe this to you, and they do not have a Masters in quantum physics, they do not have a working knowledge of these phenomena. There are lots of people on here who try to explain it, but they are not physicists, And more often than not try to explain supernatural fantasies with what they believe Quantum mechanics is.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Then again, I am highly psychic, so when someone is staring at me, I get more than just that simple animalistic feeling. So, is that quantum entanglement from a physical plane and/or can we add that all so queer sixth sense we were all given?
Nope, that is just you pretending you are psychic.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No, it can't with quantum mechanics...it's all magician tricks.

What are you talking about? What is magician trick?
edit on 10-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is no signal coming out of the body. Certainly nothing that has been proven, so when you make this claim, what information are you making this claim from?

Personal experience, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Personal experience, I suppose.
You mean confirmation bias? You could literally make a million dollars if you can show any of this to be true. I can put you in touch with a guy who will pay you $10,000 to show that you have any supernatural abilities or psychic talent.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join