It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI launches new Clinton Foundation investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The Justice Department has launched a new inquiry into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in any pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, law enforcement officials and a witness tells The Hill.

FBI agents from Little Rock, Ark., where the Foundation was started, have taken the lead in the investigation and have interviewed at least one witness in the last month, and law enforcement officials said additional activities are expected in coming weeks.

The officials, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said the probe is examining whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors made commitments of donations in hopes of securing government outcomes.

The probe may also examine whether any tax-exempt assets were converted for personal or political use and whether the Foundation complied with applicable tax laws, the officials said.

Officials also said the Justice Department was re-examining whether there are any unresolved issues from the closed case into Hillary Clinton's transmission of classified information through her personal email server. Former FBI Director James Comey in 2016 concluded Clinton was “extremely careless” in handling that classified information and that there was some evidence of legal violations but he declined to recommend charges on the grounds that he could not improve Clinton and her top aides intended to break the law.

The Hill

So, not only is Hillary's use of a personal email server for official government business going to get another look, but so is the Clinton Foundation.

Possible setback:

One challenge for any Clinton-era investigation is that the statute of limitations on most federal felonies is five years and Clinton left office in early 2013.

What other federal felonies have greater than a 5 year statute of limitations that might be applicable to the foundation? I don't know and perhaps am hoping other members may add that to the thread.

We know that Chelsea's wedding was paid for in part by the Foundation, so there is at least one instance of Foundation assets as being converted for personal use, I wonder what others might be found?

Related ATS threads:

BREAKING: Obama DOJ Denied FBI Request For Full Investigation Into Clinton Foundation

Insider Claims Inside Knowledge on Clinton Investigation = "Entire Government is Treasonous"

"Follow the Foundation," the legacy of FBIanon

edit on 4-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed ex tag

edit on 4-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

One challenge for any Clinton-era investigation is that the statute of limitations on most federal felonies is five years and Clinton left office in early 2013.

Well then, it hasn't been a full five years then, so what would be the set back?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The officials, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, said the probe is examining whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors made commitments of donations in hopes of securing government outcomes.

They just need to read ATS. It's all -in here-.

"Bill Clinton Inc." (the Clinton Foundation) turns out to be a money laundering front after all
edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
Have they used up the budget for the last nowhere investigation?

link   
I thought the FBI was still in tatters.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

BINGO! I hope someone with contacts sends links to the relevant threads to the investigative team.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looking for needles in a stack of needles. They just need more money to squander or need to pronounce her not guilty, once and for all.

And this time , it will stick...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And at what point did you not think this kinda news was not posted on ATS already?
Really?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I pity the other side. All they got was a stinking fabricated book and we got three happenings at once. The next week will be pretty comfy. Just imagine all the people involved running around like headless chickens because all the Obama holdovers are no longer there to protect them. Keep an eye out for sudden accidents and suicides.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm reminded of a flurry of judge appointments by president Trump.

Today was a day of days.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

The Justice Department has launched a new inquiry into whether the Clinton Foundation engaged in any pay-to-play politics or other illegal activities while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, law enforcement officials and a witness tells The Hill.

FBI agents from Little Rock, Ark., where the Foundation was started, have taken the lead in the investigation and have interviewed at least one witness in the last month, and law enforcement officials said additional activities are expected in coming weeks.

The probe may also examine whether any tax-exempt assets were converted for personal or political use and whether the Foundation complied with applicable tax laws, the officials said.

Officials also said the Justice Department was re-examining whether there are any unresolved issues from the closed case into Hillary Clinton's transmission of classified information through her personal email server. Former FBI Director James Comey in 2016 concluded Clinton was “extremely careless” in handling that classified information and that there was some evidence of legal violations but he declined to recommend charges on the grounds that he could not improve Clinton and her top aides intended to break the law.

The Hill

So, not only is Hillary's use of a personal email server for official government business going to get another look, but so is the Clinton Foundation.

Possible setback:

What other federal felonies have greater than a 5 year statute of limitations that might be applicable to the foundation? I don't know and perhaps am hoping other members may add that to the thread.

We know that Chelsea's wedding was paid for in part by the Foundation, so there is at least one instance of Foundation assets as being converted for personal use, I wonder what others might be found?

Related ATS threads:

BREAKING: Obama DOJ Denied FBI Request For Full Investigation Into Clinton Foundation

Insider Claims Inside Knowledge on Clinton Investigation = "Entire Government is Treasonous"

"Follow the Foundation," the legacy of FBIanon

Excellent thread J&C!

To answer the question of statute of limitations, it would seem to me that if a donor who had previously given money to the foundation for some sort of favor has continued to give money up to her last run at POTUS based on that favor, then the criminal act would be a continuous one only ending in 2016 or 2017 if that was the last donation made.

Just a thought.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Kudos to you JaC for putting this info up

I think the CF and the Clinton's are in for one bumpy ride! She's ready...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I hope she sees the inside of a prison cell (and not for some photo op or political gain). The evil witch cares nothing about you, or I, or anyone "beneath her". Only for herself and the people who owe her favors (or to whom she owes favors). Rot in hell Hillary.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

BINGO! I hope someone with contacts sends links to the relevant threads to the investigative team.

Here's the best 3 I've got:
"Bill Clinton Inc." (the Clinton Foundation) turns out to be a money laundering front after all
Hillary's Leaky Campaign Trail:
The Clinton Foundation / Clinton Global Initiative Files
The #WikiLeaks #DNCLeaks #Podesta Whistleblowers & FOIA Key Hillary Findings Repository Thread

Add those to the email.

This endless Era of ZERO Accountability must end.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Let me know when trump releases his tax returns. I am pretty sure the Clintons have done that!!! Oh yeah, every year. Where are trumps????.....Knock, Knock, who is there? Muller!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I hope its not narrowly focused because Charles Ortel has a broad range of corruption he would like to point to .www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-1-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You're right, he should be held accountable for not releasing them. How many years prison is that again? How many people were slaughtered for it?

edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Again, where are trumps tax returns???? The Clintons have year after year RELEASED theirs...Are you that dim witted that you cant see, there are things to hide???? Really??? Man I wish I were a used car salesman trying to sell you a lemon.....

edit on 4-1-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Fire in the Clintons house. One day later, investigation. Maybe they tried to burn evidence.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Let me know when trump releases his tax returns.

Will knowing what's in them improve your life, in some meaningful way?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join